40k 6th Edition Release Info - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 08:49 PM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

man, everyone know's those TV ads are full of actors... like there are ever that many women in a store! Saying that, my GF loves going in her local store now, due to all the attention she receives
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 08:51 PM

Those ads are so bad. Definitely not the way to go.
I can't figure out what PoS means (Herp Derp)
Project Prisoner? I can't believe this is true.
post #13 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 08:54 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

POS refers to Point Of Sale, it's stuff like instore ads, posters, stands and counter displays.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18

post #14 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 10:45 PM

Eviltim's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hate to say it, but info from a new member and a single poster? Maybe there's a legitimate reason for this, but it does seem almost 'troll' to me.

But, I've been proved wrong before, and to be fair this holds up a lot better than "It must be SM vs Necron Because that's how the pics in the codex go." (Yes, that's a legitimate 6th Rumour)

O Caido o senhor das guerras,
O Caido o senhor das demandas,
quando O Caido chega
O Caido quem manda
post #15 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 10:52 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

To be fair this does look like a 'standard' retail terminology. I get to see these quite a lot from different retailers. Cant say if it looks like a GW one though.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #16 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-31-11, 10:57 PM

Nicholas Hadrian's Flag is: USA

I say damn you you naysayers, even a company of stupid people can wise up eventually.

Besides, picture this;

CGI Images...
There is a man, standing on a hill, the bodies of the dead surrounding him, he clutches his lasgun to his chest. panting with fear.

Slowly, rising behind him, a gigantic and horrifying form, black as night and terrible to behold.

It screams an exhultation to the dark gods, raising it's weapon to cleave the poor guardsman in two.

Then, it screams, collapses, it's head snapping back as a blast of light shoots it's faceplate. The guardsman turns and sees a chimera behind him and runs to it whooping.

Camera pans out, we see the guardsman and dead Chaos lord as two minis on a table, beautifully painted by the 'Eavy Metal Boyz, one guy curses, looking down at a failed armor save of 1.

The GW logo comes up, voiceover "Warhammer 40,000, where in the grim dark future of the 41st Millenium, there is only WAR!"

"Check out your local Games Workshop store for more."

Voila. GW tv spot ads that don't suck balls.

Veiw my Blood Ravens army in army showcase!

Do you ever go into a fight thinking there's no point giving my best, I'll get another chance later? We only ever get one shot, Marlin. Life is one shot. Making it count is all that matters.
+++ Skold Greypelt of the Space Wolves on Shadrac to Sergeant Marlin of the Xth Slavok Regiment +++

Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin.
+++ Captain Eddan Bourne, No. 2 Assault Company, Silver Skulls +++
post #17 of 205 (permalink) Old 11-01-11, 12:50 PM

They are US TV ad's probably done ridiculously cheap on some naff cable station for $4.50.

So maybe this is US marketing details or more likely...

...TROLL!!!
post #18 of 205 (permalink) Old 11-01-11, 03:05 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

that thing is genuine, End of story , thats the single most genuine bit of information i have seen in a rumour section on any forum since anyone posted a photo of a green from a games day. look at it, its dropped out of an employees pocket, the terminology is perfect, its got the exact key below the boxes that GW use , its riddled with retail jargon, the dates are correct AND most importantly a faker/spoofer would NOT have included GW TV adverts, because as we all know GW dont do TV spots.....yet.
Plus its been knocked out on Excell by an employee who wanted the job done quickly to communicate a point, an internet faker would have included stuff to make you think its from GW like a fake water mark or letter head or something. Its simplicity is its selling point, i have produced documents like that hundreds of times for different companies as a manager/lacky as hand outs at meetings etc

I would bet my house on the info in that document is genuine.

also forgot to mention , the TV thing is likely to tie in with the release of Hobbit latter in the year, which may also have a TV spot, Or could be some form of Web TV like Breast's of War

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Last edited by bitsandkits; 11-01-11 at 03:08 PM.
post #19 of 205 (permalink) Old 11-01-11, 03:45 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

From what I know with chatting about GW TV to my local store manager, its going to be kind of an instore and online thing... kinda long the lines of what beasts of war do.... IE, new product highlights and previews, teaser trailers like they did for necrons and dreadfleet etc...
post #20 of 205 (permalink) Old 11-01-11, 04:04 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Also Project prisoner makes perfect sense when you think about it

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode