Scarab Miniatures - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming Miniature Manufacturers Every thread in this forum is dedicated to a wargaming figure manufacturer. Please click here for submission guidelines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-02-11, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

Default Scarab Miniatures

Quote:
Scarab was originally dreamt up back in 2001 but it took until 2008 for the business to come into reality.

Our aim is to produce ranges of miniature model soldiers for wargamers, collectors and model makers.

We intend to focus on periods of history not well catered for by major manufacturers and deliver to our customers a high quality product in a prompt and efficient manner. We are wargamers, collectors and model makers ourselves, so when planning out our ranges and products, we always try and ask ourselves the question “would we buy it?”

If you have any requests for expansions to our existing ranges, ideas for periods of history or ranges not well covered elsewhere by others, feel free to drop us a line!

For those of you who already own our products, we welcome feedback and photographs of painted Scarab models in action that we can use on our web site.
Scarab is still expanding their lines, with a new Ancient and Medieval section. Their older lines focused on the World Wars (including an alternate WWII: Projekt X) along with accessories.

From their Great War section: Austro-Hungarian Infantry on the march, British Mark IV Female Tank, and French VB Rifle Grenade Launchers, and the Red Baron (Manfred and Lothar Von Richthofen with Moritz the dog). One thing that you should note for this line is that there are no duplicate poses in the packs.

Here are some available accessories for this section: Barbed Wire (10m), Brick/Sandbag/Barricade set, and the Road Sign set which includes telegraph poles and street lights.

And now for something different, Projekt X.
Quote:
Projekt X is a range of 1/48th scale pewter figures set in a covert World War Two where the Allies and even the German people themselves face an evil and horrific foe. The range will be supported by rules and an extended background which we are currently developing. Some of the material in this section contains adult themes and parental guidance may be necessary.
Below are the Walkurie Hamptstrumfuhrer, the X-Soldat V Wehrwolf, ex-Red Army Zombies, British Dreadnoughts (with .303 Vickers, B.E.S.A Cannon, P.I.A.T., and 2” Mortar), and a U.S. Battlesuit (with .50cal HMG).

This is Scarab’s new section: Ancient and Medieval. It seems to have started with the Egyptian pharaoh, Ramses (as he is the only one not in the new products section). All the Greeks units are new: (unarmored) Hoplites [the cast-metal spear-and-shield pack will be available at a later date], Psiloi with Bows, and (unarmored) Spartans.

Useful Links

New Products
Forum
News
Contact Us

"Oh, you can have as much violence as you want, but no swearing and absolutely no sex." --Bruce Campbell

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-02-11, 07:12 PM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

I'm not too impressed by the majority, but that tank screams IG to me.

Good find

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-03-11, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by imm0rtal reaper View Post
I'm not too impressed by the majority, but that tank screams IG to me.

Good find
Thanks.

There's a "male" version of the tank and I could not see the difference. There are a few more; I didn't post the German ones.

As for the models, I kind of agree with you on the new Ancient and Medieval ones, but I'm partial to the Brit Dreads and U.S. Battlesuits (I didn't include the one with the bazooka). I'm thinking steampunk RPG at the very least.

"Oh, you can have as much violence as you want, but no swearing and absolutely no sex." --Bruce Campbell

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming Miniature Manufacturers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode