Dreamforge Games - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming Miniature Manufacturers Every thread in this forum is dedicated to a wargaming figure manufacturer. Please click here for submission guidelines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-12, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Default Dreamforge Games

DREAMFORGE-GAMES:
Located in Sonoma County California. Created in 2003, our first kits were sold in mid 2004 and were received with great excitement by the gaming community.
We listen to you; our product line is directly influenced by your feedback and suggestions.

Quality by design; we strive to provide a top quality product at a reasonable price. We design and manufacture with the gamer in mind and in the spirit of improving the gaming industry.
Creativity is our passion; we strive to create works of art in form and function

Examples:

Leviathan crusader

Links

Home
Contact

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-12, 10:07 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

How has no one commented on these yet? Freaking epic minis, though not exactly a cost-effective alternative to GW models. However, the 9.5" leviathan models could possibly work for a CSM and GK themed army for a bit cheaper than FW, though less weapon options

Edit: Balls, sold out of those giants

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-12, 03:44 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

I have a thread on one of these and did a review on the kit if i remember correctly. The leviathan mortis kit is absolutely fantastic, but it was short lived because of its massive complexity and it was expensive, but worth it in my opinion. The thread for the model is here.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=96460
His infantry too look fantastic although I have yet to buy any. My Ig was almost complete when these appeared.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.

Last edited by shaantitus; 08-08-12 at 03:47 AM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-12, 09:18 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Holy shit that weapon platform gunner is bad ass looking!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-12, 12:18 PM
Angryman

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

I know this has been detailed elsewhere but dreamforge are going over to plastic and have a kickstarter operation running. I thought it was worth a look.

Sanity is for the weak.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-13, 12:45 AM
Angryman

Bit more of an update. I have finally received my two leviathan crusaders. I will do a detailed review of the kit as I build the first one, and as I have already built one of the resin ones I will compare the two. The second is a gift for a friend, and the third model, a mortis, is for me, but that is part of the second wave deliveries.

Sanity is for the weak.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-13, 08:26 PM

Grimage's Flag is: Canada

I bought a box of the Kreigsmarines and they look great. I am using them as a substitute for Kasrkins as you get 20 Kriegsmarines for the price of 10 Kasrkins. Sure you cant use them in gamesworkshop tournaments, but my local hobby shop is not strict about that sort of thing. Ill post pics of them once im finished painting.

Only problem I see if you want to substitute the kreigsmarines with your IG is that the bases they come with are slightly bigger than the GW ones. This can be fixed by just getting a bunch of GW bases and swapping them out.

Last edited by Grimage; 04-17-13 at 06:49 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-13, 08:30 PM

Grimage's Flag is: Canada

Also, there is a Heavy weapons team which I also plan on getting and joining to squads. The guns that come in the pack are a mortar, AA gun and anti-tank crew (last pic in OP). The AA gun could pass as a Heavy bolter and the anti-tank crew could easily pass for an auto-cannon. For 40 bucks its a pretty good bargain.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-13, 01:25 AM
Angryman

I was going to do a full review but as usual i build too fast and never remember to take photos. But here is what i have and some comments.
First impressions, Box is well packed and protected, also very professional looking. The boys at wargames factory do good work. My kits travelled from china to australia, no damage or issues at all.
Second, the engineering of this kit is brilliant. The finished product is fully poseable, it is indeed possible to leave the entire model reposable after construction, I will fix the legs of mine in place once complete but it is entirely possible to leave it fully articulated. Also several areas of the original kit that were overly fiddly or otherwise unsatisfying have been re done so they assemble in a completly different way, and the results are excellent and the finished product so much better for it.
Casting quality is easily on par with the baneblade kit. Good neat tidy joins and very little cleanup required on the parts. I am not super fussy but a decent modeler could make a very polished finished product. And here is a couple of photos from construction.

Sanity is for the weak.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-13, 10:38 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

These models are awesome looking but why does the store only have the leviathan listed in the store?

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming Miniature Manufacturers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode