Oldhammerer's unite! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming Clubs Advertise your Wargames Club or Gaming group here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-18, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

GeneralSturnn's Flag is: USA

Default Oldhammerer's unite!

Greetings Sons and Daughters of the Emperor, Saints of Sigmar! for we have come to extinguish the flames of Chaos.

Oldhammer is dedicated to both Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000, to find new friends to play with, new wars to win, using older sets of rules.

Maybe you fell in love with an older set of Warhammer Fantasy/40,00 rules? maybe you;re used to a lot of homebrew you and your buddies did, maybe you wanna try something out but newer editions just don't feel friendly enough for creation, whatever it may be, Oldhammer's got ya covered!

Oldhammer does not support current editions of Warhammer 40,000(8th) or Age of Sigmar, there are multiple groups for those.

My opinions on AoS and 40K 8th(hopefully some will agree)

Age of Sigmar, while I very much personally hate it's simplicity, I can admire it because, let's face it, if you are a parent(single or otherwise) AoS is a godsend, since you can have your younger kids pick up and play without much reading, but I disagree that a Goblin can wound a Giant as easy as a Human!

40K 8th, Ah, you have gotten simpler(though 4th and 5th editions were REALLY simple) it still has issues, they neutered Artillery... and the decided to forcibly strip the tanks of meanful armour, i mean, am I using main battle tanks or Guardsmen with lots of wounds? though I will say I do find the old armour reduction rules a good addition, i also like my tanks being more durable with wounds, but, armour values made them impossible to wound with most standard issue weapons.

We have a Wiki, a facebook group and discord, aswell as a forum(ish), but the rules were not too clear if i could post links, but, this is my group's advertisement here.

I personally play in Ocala at Bearded Browncoats up there every weekend and have Death Korps, Orks, Orcs&Goblin and Empire to bring!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-18, 09:46 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Good look with the endeavour

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-18, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

GeneralSturnn's Flag is: USA

Thank you, so far I have seen some success of Facebook, I'm currently seeking more players in Florida closer to me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Wargaming Clubs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode