1500pts Vampires! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-10, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Mitchy's Flag is: Canada

Default 1500pts Vampires!

this is for a camphaign (incorrect spelling) that the local store owner is hosting, its 1500pts no special charaters.

heres what i have, im going to make some changes probably.

Vampire: General, Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Helm of Commandment, Disspell Scroll

Vampire: Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Flayed Hauberk, Sword of Might

Vampire: Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Cadaverous Cuirass, Enchanted Sheild, Sword of Battle

10 Skellies: Champion (bodyguard for General)

24 Skellies: Full Command

12 Dir Wolves: Doom Wolf (probably gonna chuck these guys for more Skellies)

9 GraveGuard: Full Command

6 Black Kights: Full Command, Barding, Standard of Hellish Vigour

Vargulf

Tell me what you think

"Everyone is intitled to an opinion, but mines the one that matters"

"Serve me in life, or slave for me in death"
Vlad von Carstein

Vampire Counts
Wins/Ties/Losses
1/2/2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-10, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
this is for a camphaign (incorrect spelling) that the local store owner is hosting, its 1500pts no special charaters.

heres what i have, im going to make some changes probably.

Vampire: General, Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Helm of Commandment, Disspell Scroll
Right, so caster lord as a General? Drop Dark acolyte and LotD, replace with Master of the Back arts. Get Sceptre De noirot on this guy instead of his Helm of commandment to make sure he is getting 10 zombies minimum out of the ground each turn.

Vampire: Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Flayed Hauberk, Sword of Might
Him, a fighter character? Inifinite hatred on this guy would be better. Skelies suck hard, ghouls are better. Take summon ghouls.

Vampire: Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Cadaverous Cuirass, Enchanted Sheild, Sword of Battle
Another fighter? Nah, get another caster. Master of the black arts, and a dispel scroll and a power stone.

10 Skellies: Champion (bodyguard for General)
Get 15 ghouls.

24 Skellies: Full Command
Drop for 2 units of 12 ghouls.

12 Dir Wolves: Doom Wolf (probably gonna chuck these guys for more Skellies)
Drop for 2 units of 3 fell bats.

9 GraveGuard: Full Command
Drop these. To smaller a unit to do much. More fell bats would be better. But you'll need points for the changes to the vampires. Take them from here, the remaining points invest in more fell bats. OR to guard the opposite flank to the Varghulf, some bat swarms.

6 Black Kights: Full Command, Barding, Standard of Hellish Vigour
Lovely. Banner of the Strigos would be a good investment however. Make sure you land those important lance hits.

Vargulf
Wonderful. I love these as much as I love Hydras.

Tell me what you think
There you are. Its a big change away from skelies...but they are just so bad. And ghouls so much better.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-10, 02:39 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Hate to say it, but the best armies for vampire counts are the ones that take one idea and do it to death. In other words if you want to use skeletons as your tar pit for combat resolution then take three or four units with full command. Then put Lord of the dead on every vamp sprinkle with a few standards, and the bound version of dance then build your army around that. However even for vampire counts you don't have much in the way for starting units especially without the ability to boast some of the meatier choices above their starting strength on every character. I find generally most of the scariest undead lists either raise 50+ models a game or have unit breakers like grave guard flanked by everyone's favorite free unit zombies. Oh and never rellly on zombies to beat things in fact rarely is it advised to try to support a combat with zombies (You will often loos just to the combat resolution from casualties.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-10, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice

And Orochi, i just recently started the game and at the moment i dont have enough models to even build this list, and i only have 10 ghouls right now, and the next thing i get will be fell bats, Im thinking of buying furies and puting them on the right size base.

Anyhow ill try out a game with the Vampire Advice, but at this moment i wont be able to use the ghouls. Otherwise i totally would.

Im making a reversion of my list, ill post it later today. But pretty much all i did was get rid of the black knights (I know people are going to say that i shouldnt) They really didnt do that much for me in the last three games i played. All they did was keep other knight in combat for four turns then they got cut down. So far the only combat that theyve won was when i lucked out with the cav hits on the empire knights and won combat by one. Thank [a choas god] his warrior priest didnt get the unbreakable spell off. But other then that theyve been beaten by archers and crossbowmen. And yes its because of the really reall bad rolling.

Vlad von Carstein

Vampire Counts
Wins/Ties/Losses
1/2/2
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-10, 11:50 AM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

I would personally keep dark acolyte - without it your generating less power dice and you cannot use more than 2 a turn!

Keep dark acolyte and Lord of Dead. That way with 2 caster vampires you can spam dice raising your skeletons on a 3+ instead of wasting 2 dice to getting 1 casting of raise... WHICH CANT EVEN RAISE YOUR UNITS ABOVE STARTING!

Sceptre only works when raising new units of zombies and not adding, so its pretty pointless. Stick with helm of commandment - no one ever expects WS6 skeletons.

PErsonally the only changes i would make is increase the graveguard some how - make all vamps lvl 2 with lord of dead. drop skeles to minimum size (you can spam you raise spells to get them up to a decent strength)

1 other thing - you cannot equip more than 1 magic armour on a person at a time - so no cadaverous cuirass and enchanted shield combo.

Also your vamp is over points limit with Helm and dispel scroll - totals 55 points, sacrafice dispel scroll here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-10, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

heres the remake:

Vampire General: -Dark Acolyte -Lord of the Dead -Helm of Commandment

Vampire BSB: -Dark Acolyte -Lord of the Dead -Book of Arkhan

Vampire Fighter: -Infinate Hatred -Beguile -Flayed Hauberk -Sword of Might

10 Skellies -Champion

10 Skellies -Champion

23 Skellies -Full Command

Vargulf

5 Fell Bats
5 Fell bats Should i put these guys in one unit? or is two good?

10 Grave Guard: -Full Command -Banner of the Dead Legion

So what do you guys think of the newer list?

Vlad von Carstein

Vampire Counts
Wins/Ties/Losses
1/2/2
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-10, 03:43 PM

ok, fit full command in all skelly units you can do this by removing some skellies from the larger unit.

Drop a unit of fell bats and add more to the grave guard and then i think you got it PERFECT for good balanced army.

Quote:
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-10, 04:11 PM

Torpored's Flag is: USA

Did you lose the vargulf on accident in this last version?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-10, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

no theres still the vargulf there.

And effigy i will try to get more grave guard, but i dont have the money as of now. So ill just be cheating and buying furies and putting them on home made ((40mm right?)) bases then use them as Fell Bats.

Thanks for the advice, but there one more thing i need help with... Whats the best way to deal with high elfs?

Vlad von Carstein

Vampire Counts
Wins/Ties/Losses
1/2/2
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-10, 04:43 PM

High Elves? ethereal units IMO! Alot of their stuff cant hurt it (unless they go balls out on spellcasters)

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Vampire Counts Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode