2250 Vampire Counts Skeleton Horde For Fun - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-09, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

Default 2250 Vampire Counts Skeleton Horde For Fun

Ok this is just a list for fun. I have played against a single VC player-a good friend-back in 4th and 5th Editions. All he did was raise Skeletons and Zombies over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Either making new units or adding to the existing units. It was a competitive army, but I remember when playing against him with my Lizardmen, that those were some of the best games I've ever played. The most fun and I had the best times, no matter if I won or lost.

So I thought I'd try my hand at it. There have been some changes to the VC rules since then, so I was just wondering what you guys think of this list, and if it is still competitive. Not overly powerful, or under powered, just competitive. Keep in mind I like to play to have fun more than anything else, I've won Best Player or Most Liked Player in every tournament I have played in, so winning isn't a priority. Having fun and making sure my opponent has fun is the priority. Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: Made some changes as per your suggestions and inputs. How's it look now?

1 Count Mannfred 525 Pts
General
1 Lord of the Dead
1 Master of the Black Arts
1 Summon Creatures of the Night
1 Sword of Unholy Power
1 Staff of Sorcery
1 Black Periapt
Knows All Spells From The Lore Of The Vampires and Lore Of Death

1 Necromancer 120 Pts
Hand Weapon
1 Tomb Blade
1 Dispel Scroll
1. Invocation of Nehek
2. Vanhel's Danse Macabre

1 Necromancer 120 Pts
Hand Weapon
1 Sword of Kings
1 Dispel Scroll
1. Invocation of Nehek

1 Necromancer 110 Pts
Hand Weapon
1 Sword of Striking
1 Dispel Scroll
1. Invocation of Nehek

9 Dire Wolves 90 Pts
1 Doom Wolf
Fast Cavalry

9 Dire Wolves 90 Pts
1 Doom Wolf
Fast Cavalry

28 Skeleton Warriors 281 Pts
1 Skeleton Champion
Musician; Standard Bearer; Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armour; Shield

1 Skeleton Champion

1 Skeleton Champion

Varghulf 175 Pts
Causes Terror; Hatred; Regenerate

Varghulf 175 Pts
Causes Terror; Hatred; Regenerate

Total Roster Cost: 2248

Last edited by Grik; 02-15-09 at 04:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-09, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Apparently nobody like the Skeleton Horde o' Death! I will rule the world with this army! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-09, 03:46 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Try double Varghulf instead of Graveguard. You have enough other units for your opponents to suitably ignore a large unit of undeniably nasty, but slow Grave Guard. It's why Chosen aren't much good, because Warriors are cheaper and do a far better job.

But an opponent can win without going near the Grave Guard.

2 Varghulfs will either funnel your opponents into a direction you want, or they can do their dirty shit.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-09, 07:22 PM

Pertoleum's Flag is: Canada

throw some vamps with lord of the dead and dark acolyte in, 145 point for a lvl 2 wizard who raises skeletons on a 3+ and can make them bigger then 25. also why pay for zombies when manfred can make 5d6 for free? i agree with vaz on the double varghulf list, varghulf are dirty enough as it is. also the point about graveguard is right, their not that great, when and if they hit, they may hit like a traint but its iffy, id go with black knights they hit harder and are faster

-- Pertoleum May The Force Be With You !!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-09, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Interesting points. As this is just an idea right now, I forgot that Mannfred raises Zombies lol. Time to do some tweaking me thinks.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-09, 01:46 AM

Pertoleum's Flag is: Canada

i forgot to mention this but the vampires and varghulf both allow for your units to march. right now only mannfred allows that

-- Pertoleum May The Force Be With You !!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-09, 05:24 AM

Pronoun's Flag is: USA

You're definitely going to want more Vampires. They're great! They're cheap and in my opinion, better summoners than Necromancers. You could get a Vampire with a Dispel Scroll and Dark Acolyte for 155 points. That's a level 2 wizard with the Lore of the Vampires that also allows nearby units to march. That means getting to your enemy faster, and that means winning faster. You could also replace a DS with the always awesome Helm of Commandment. This lets you give one of your squads the WS of the wielder for the rest of that turn. You can imagine the good times. Of course, for what it's worth, Necromancers are still very effective, I just favor Vampires over them.

You may also want to invest in a Corpse Cart or two in place of those Dire Wolves. They are your only fast cavalry in your army, and they will be awfully lonely up there. Corpse Carts will allow everything near them to always strike first, which is amazing against close combat armies, especially those damn High Elves. That is of course, if your enemy does not dispel the Miasma. However, if he does, then that's less dispel dice for him to knock out your other spells, so either way it will work in your favor.

Hope this helped, good luck!

NOTHING TO SEE HERE
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-09, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronoun View Post
That means getting to your enemy faster, and that means winning faster.

You may also want to invest in a Corpse Cart or two in place of those Dire Wolves. They are your only fast cavalry in your army, and they will be awfully lonely up there. Corpse Carts will allow everything near them to always strike first, which is amazing against close combat armies, especially those damn High Elves. That is of course, if your enemy does not dispel the Miasma. However, if he does, then that's less dispel dice for him to knock out your other spells, so either way it will work in your favor.

Hope this helped, good luck!
I really could care less about winning with this army. It's all about fun in this case, if I want to win or play for a chance to win I'll bust out my Lizardmen. But a Corpse Cart is a good suggestion, I was thinking about that also. Just not entirely sure yet.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-09, 10:10 AM

lizardmen? pff vampires whipe lizardmen off the table and than go snack on the survivors

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Vampire Counts Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode