Twinlinked devourer

Carnifex
crushing claw
Twinlinked devourer

Carnifex
crushing claw
Twinlinked devourer

EDIT: forgot: 1500 points

Notes: the reason I went with the Tervigon over the Hive tyrant is that I could not figure out how to more synapse in this list, yes I could get a Zonothrope but I did not think that would be survivable enough as given a choice between monsters and zonos, I would think every one would shoot the zono first, but between choice between two or more monsters it's a harder choice, plus a 6 wound, 3+ critter with regening, is both hard to kill, and hopefully it will draw fire from the nids. all the crushing claws are so space marines and tanks won't stop me melee attacks. the army is suppose split into two parts with a T-fex, Tervigon, Venomthrope, and two Carnifex.

thoughts?

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

Last edited by dragonkingofthestars; 06-06-14 at 03:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-14, 03:13 AM

lockeF's Flag is: USA

Just two questions/thoughts.

Why a twin linked deathspitter over the devourers?

Also, why a fleshborer hive? I have been often tempted as it is assualt 20, range 18, yes? But at BS 3, just doesn't seem potent enough. Someone did the mathhammer for me once to get me not to take it. Seem's the basic torrent weapon it comes with is a bit better.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-14, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

the death spitters were a goof on my part, I listed death spitter, but I paid the price for the brain leech devours, I'll go back and fix it.

the hive is because, as you said 20 looked good, BS 3 or not, your still pumping out a lot of shots, in reflection you might be right about the effectiveness, on the other hand the excuse to model my robots (this is a proxy army) with a massive mini gun is very, very tempting.

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-14, 02:54 PM

Don_Keyballs's Flag is: Canada

A deep striking Trygon Prime can provide you Synapse in your opponents deployment zone easily if that is an area of concerns, plus their Assault 18 shot can maybe make use of your proxy models with a chain gun ;)

Having Crushing claws and TL Dev's with worms make your fexes make them ok at shooting, and ok with assaulting armor.... but that's it. Having fexes with 2 TL Dev's will make them awesome at shooting, so you can keep them at shooting. Giving your fexes with crushing claws a pair of Sy talons will give them an extra attack in CC, making them better in CC. However, if you plan on using these fexes for CC, and don't forsee your opponent having high armor, lose the claws. All it does is give them +1 str and armor bane considering they already hit at AP2. Str 9 should be enough to take out light to medium armor, only land raiders and monoliths would give you a hard time. Save the points, lose the claws, and use the points to give them regen, or bio plasma, or adrenial glands, whatever you prefer.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-14, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Keyballs View Post
they already hit at AP2.
ahh, I still don't have 7th so I did not know if being monster still meant they were always AP2, I got those claws just for marine munching.

I want to use the fex's for assault, but since there AP2 all the time anyway and a single scything talon don't do much, I may as well snag the second brain leech as you said.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-14, 10:51 PM

lockeF's Flag is: USA

It is worth noting that since smash is only one attack now, fexes with claws is a good idea. 4 str 10 attacks on the charge seems a lot better at taking down a raider then 1. Your call and I do love double brain leech devourers, its just a thought. Fexes are really the only reliable way to take out AV 13 and 14 now. Especially AV 13 walkers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Tyranid Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode