My old Tyranid army - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-27-14, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Worthy's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricktroller View Post
it does now if he would veer actually finish his army haha!
I'm nowhere near finished, although i've just finished painting my 18-man Genestealer Squad (i'm keeping the Brood Lord with my smaller Genestealer squad though).

I can't wait to try out this weird idea I have which involves 2 separate Genestealer squads Infiltrating and an Outflanking Hormagaunt Brood (due to my Hive Tyrant having Hive Commander), plus deep striking ripper swarms and leaving the gun bugs hanging back... hardly a tournament winner, but should be fun to play, lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-27-14, 04:44 PM

I hope it works out for you!

Szarekh, the Silent King in my mind.

Don't worry you foul little creature, I have no intention of killing you today. Come stand next to me and watch your world burn and understand the meaning of the word futility.

My Tyranid Log
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

To be honest I don't take this game too seriously, so win or lose, aslong as i've had fun, who cares, lol!

post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 03:06 PM

Jolnir's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worthy View Post
To be honest I don't take this game too seriously, so win or lose, aslong as i've had fun, who cares, lol!
That is a refreshing attitude. It is a game meant for joy. Some people take stuff far too seriously.
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-01-14, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Jolnir and glad i'm not the only one who feels this way.
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 03:06 PM

oh I wasn't suggesting you take it too seriously lol. I was just wishing you luck, while winning isn't everything, it is nice to win ;)

Don't worry you foul little creature, I have no intention of killing you today. Come stand next to me and watch your world burn and understand the meaning of the word futility.

My Tyranid Log
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
oh I wasn't suggesting you take it too seriously lol. I was just wishing you luck, while winning isn't everything, it is nice to win ;)
I know you wasn't, I was just pointing that for anyone reading my post about tactics and was thinking of posting "wat a noobz tactic #epicfail init" (or something along those lines, lol!).

I agree though nothing wrong with winning, but at the same time, i'm not going to lose sleep if I lose... which is just aswell because the whole 'synapse' thing, makes losing very likely, lol!

BTW I got some cheap Revell Gloss Varnish and thought i'd try it out on the Chitilin plates of the Zoanthrope and it gives off a turtle shell style effect, so i'm going to do this effect on the rest of my Tyranids (ie: only gloss the plates).

Last edited by Worthy; 03-03-14 at 03:29 PM.
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 04:20 PM

right on. I dip all of mine in a wood varnish when i am done with them. Gives them a nice slimy look and makes all the carapace look like a shiny bug carapace.

Losing is a great tool, I am the only one who has beaten a friend of mine in probably a year or two from playing against him a lot and losing a lot. Its a lot of fun to play, though I did have to take a break because I was getting bored.

My Tyranid Log
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-04-14, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
right on. I dip all of mine in a wood varnish when i am done with them. Gives them a nice slimy look and makes all the carapace look like a shiny bug carapace.
I agree, gloss is great for a 'shiny bug' theme.

Quote:
Losing is a great tool, I am the only one who has beaten a friend of mine in probably a year or two from playing against him a lot and losing a lot. Its a lot of fun to play, though I did have to take a break because I was getting bored.
I have 3 40k armies and here is a summary:
*Dark Angels - I win more often than I lose.
*Chaos Space Marines (Khorne) - Mixed back and depends on how many I get into combat.
*Tyranids - Only had 1 small 500pts game with the new rules and no suprise really, I lost, lol!!

In an unrelated topic, does anyone know if this will work with a Tyranid Warrior set - http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...Id=prod1290031 (it's to make Shrikes you see).

EDIT: doesn't matter because it costs more than Forge Worlds Shrike conversion kit anyway.

Last edited by Worthy; 03-04-14 at 02:43 PM.
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-05-14, 07:32 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

I used Gargoyle wings to make my shrikes, worked surprisingly well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Tyranid Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode