Bad Trader Thread - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Trading Area This area should be used for trading and swapping items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-22-09, 08:20 PM

Inquisitor Varrius's Flag is: Canada

I'm not advocating violence! I just wanted to know if I can show up and say: "Hey, it's Varrius from Heresy-Online. Can I have my models now?" I'm in no way considering house bashing, I just thought a friendly visit could be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
Camo is the color of cowardice but if the only ones to call you a coward are now a puddle of plasma there isnt a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-30-09, 04:22 AM

Underground Heretic's Flag is: USA

I would highly recommend against trading with John English who goes by the username englhockey.

He and I negotiated for the sale of his ork army to a friend of mine who was trying to get into the hobby for the first time. He initially offered to accept money, then said he would be satisfied with exchanging models. I should have been suspicious of the deal because he was proposing to exchange roughly $400 worth of models for $60. I mailed the eldar I was exchanging with him more than a month ago. I have heard nothing from him since I asked him to confirm when the models arrived.

I have sent him two messages asking him to confirm the address to which I sent the models. In the second one I asked him to respond in the following two weeks and confirm the address. Two weeks have passed and as I warned him, I am formally submitting the name of John English aka englhockey as a disreputable trader to be avoided for taking what I sent in good faith and failing to uphold his end of the bargain.

Thankfully, it was near my friend's birthday and I decided to pay for the models until the orks were sent in return. As the orks probably will never be sent, I am glad to shoulder the financial loss and help my friend get into the hobby through face to face deals with people at my FLGS.

That which doesn't kill me has made a tactical mistake.

Rites of Battle Your source for 40k opinions, news, and hobby updates.

Last edited by Underground Heretic; 11-30-09 at 04:25 AM.
post #23 of 110 (permalink) Old 11-30-09, 05:45 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Varrius View Post
I'm not advocating violence! I just wanted to know if I can show up and say: "Hey, it's Varrius from Heresy-Online. Can I have my models now?" I'm in no way considering house bashing, I just thought a friendly visit could be helpful.
This would also be the funniest thing ever to watch.

post #24 of 110 (permalink) Old 12-11-09, 06:55 PM

Alpharius's Flag is: USA

Default jackd334 - "Bad Trader"/NOT Completing 'contracts'?

Hello!

I did not want to do this, but jackd334 has, I feel left me with no choice.

I contacted him early in October about a couple of potential conversion ideas. One was a female Inquisitor (based on some artwork) and another was a Wraithlord conversion (based on a GD winning entry’s pose - basically, turning it into a Striking Scorpion Wraithlord with a 'squatting down' pose).

E-mail chain is as follows:

October 2, 2009 – Initial contact

October 2, 2009 – Further discussion

October 3, 2009 – Details settled, asked for a down payment of £25 to purchase the Wraithlord model.

October 4, 2009 - £25 sent over

October 4, 2009 – I was informed that the conversion should take approximately 2 hours of time and was quoted a few of £15 + shipping. I was promised WIP pictures for approval during the process.

October 5, 2009 – I was informed that he couldn’t find the model locally

October 12, 2009 – Still no model in house, had to purchase online, it hasn’t arrived yet.

October 13, 2009 – Still hasn’t arrived yet.

October 15, 2009 – Still hasn’t arrived yet.

October 16, 2009 – The model has arrived, work has begun.

October 18, 2009 – Work is continuing.

October 18, 2009 – Question about the base comes up, decision is to just glue it to a standard base so as to allow work to continue.

October 21, 2009 – He ran out of greenstuff – work on hold until he can get some more.

October 26, 2009 – Still no greenstuff, plus now he’s out of plasticard and there are no pictures because his camera is broken too.

October 29, 2009 – Updated on plans to get supplies.

November 6, 2009 – Apologies are given, he’s almost done, but still no pictures.

November 10, 2009 – Update with no pics again, but again, almost finished is the answer…

November 12, 2009 – WIP picture supplied, pose is very far off from agreed upon specs.

November 13, 2009 – Response to pose issues is that OK to repose, ‘can be done easily’ and that he’s just about all done ‘except for the sword’ as he’s still out of plasticard.

The last two posts from jackd334 are quoted below:

November 23, 2009:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd334
Hi, i am so sorry about these delays, i dont mean to worry you. There is no need, im sorry i didnt get back to you sooner my inbox was full and iv onli just cleared it (and then recieved your messages). I have finished sculpting his dreadlocks, and im still trying to get some plasticard to finish him off. Legs have been repositioned too. Sorry about the fact i keep making you wait :S:/
Hes everso allmost done
And December 3, 2009:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd334
Hi, again im so sorry about the delay. :S Iv not been on here regularly recently. The model is finished, ill post you pics as soon as. Can i have your adress to send him? Im ever so sorry about all this trouble :S Im thinking about stopping commisions after this because i dont think im ready to be doing it all.
Regards and apologies, Jack
I have since supplied him with all that he’s asked for, and have not received ANYTHING (PMs, models, refunds, etc.) back at all.

So, at this point, I’m not sure what to do.

His sculpting samples posted here are quite nice.

He is offering miniatures for sale, and commission services as well.

He seemed to have a good reputation here, and on his ‘deviant art’ page.

I realize that he is young, and that life certainly gets in the way at times, but at this point, enough is enough.

He’s still active on this site, as can be seen from this post here:

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...6&postcount=28

Luckily, I paid him through PayPal, so I’m just about ready to request a refund through them.

BUT, I’d rather settle this without going that way.

I’d really like the model I commissioned him to do.

Barring that, I’d like for him to refund my money.

Not sure what to do next…
post #25 of 110 (permalink) Old 12-11-09, 09:50 PM

VaUgHaNy86's Flag is: England

i to have had a similar problem involving jackd334, i contacted him back in June/July about a commission of Lion El Jonson for me, over the next couple of weeks we discussed the model and how i want him posed and his appearance then we agreed a price of which i paid a £10 deposit with the rest to be paid upon completion of the model, he also had a problem getting the base model he was going to use on my model then i heard nothing for a few weeks regarding his progress until i contacted him about it. There has been a wip picture put up on his deviant art page of the model so i know he's done work on it but when it came to delivery nothing arrived, it was aparently sent during the postal strike so i gave him the benefit of the doubt and he offered me a refund or he'd redo the model free of charge which i felt was very fair of him and obviously i want the model for my diorama. He then again said the model had been posted to me, ive waited for around 4 weeks now still nothing arrived, ive tried to contact twice since asking about the models delivery and he's seemingly ignoring the messages as the second one was sent whilst he was online.
post #26 of 110 (permalink) Old 12-12-09, 12:14 PM

So another user has issues with jackd334?

This is not good.

A pattern like this is VERY troubling.
post #27 of 110 (permalink) Old 12-13-09, 10:20 PM

Still waiting for 'jackd334' to respond.

Sadly, at this point, I think it is a lost cause and I would suggest that anyone thinking of dealing with him to take into account that he's already scammed two users here.
post #28 of 110 (permalink) Old 12-13-09, 10:25 PM

Inquisitor Varrius's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground Heretic View Post
I would highly recommend against trading with John English who goes by the username englhockey.
@ Any listening mods: Can we put peoples' names? I thought I'd avoid that, but if it's allowed, I'll add them. I'd like to keep untrustworthy traders from just starting a new account and fleecing someone else. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
Camo is the color of cowardice but if the only ones to call you a coward are now a puddle of plasma there isnt a problem.
post #29 of 110 (permalink) Old 12-13-09, 11:49 PM
moo

moo's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground Heretic View Post

He and I negotiated for the sale of his ork army to a friend of mine who was trying to get into the hobby for the first time. He initially offered to accept money, then said he would be satisfied with exchanging models. I should have been suspicious of the deal because he was proposing to exchange roughly $400 worth of models for $60. I mailed the eldar I was exchanging with him more than a month ago. I have heard nothing from him since I asked him to confirm when the models arrived.

I have sent him two messages asking him to confirm the address to which I sent the models. In the second one I asked him to respond in the following two weeks and confirm the address. Two weeks have passed and as I warned him, I am formally submitting the name of John English aka englhockey as a disreputable trader to be avoided for taking what I sent in good faith and failing to uphold his end of the bargain.

Thankfully, it was near my friend's birthday and I decided to pay for the models until the orks were sent in return. As the orks probably will never be sent, I am glad to shoulder the financial loss and help my friend get into the hobby through face to face deals with people at my FLGS.
Well i have a similar experience but he had been communicating with me. I had sent him a hive tyrant, some nid warriors, zoanthropes and some gaunts for 3 juggernauts (1 lord and 2 heralds). This was in October, i emailed him many times as to whether he had received the minis and initially he said no, but i am still in the dark with them. The models he "claimed" to send me he said "did i send them back to him" and "was it a joke?" when i questioned him several times about it. Since he claimed that the package he sent had been sent back to him......

I have told him to notify me whether my models have arrived to him, and then he send me the juggernaut models (to reassure him). I was hesitant to flag him as a bad trader but seeing as others have had similar experiences im guessing my good faith and trust as been taken advantage of. I will remove this bad trader post if he does eventually uphold his side but please be aware that he is extremely slow to respond.

Last edited by moo; 12-14-09 at 12:10 AM.
post #30 of 110 (permalink) Old 12-14-09, 12:01 AM

Underground Heretic's Flag is: USA

He has recently sent me a pm offering to refund me the cost of the models and shipping. If he does, I will remove or at least edit the post.

To Inquisitor Varrius: I would generally try to avoid including names, but then I realized that if I did not include an actual name a fraudulent trader could simply form a new account and resume their misdeeds. I do not believe John is, and will retract my post if he follows through on his trade with me.

We can all make mistakes, but in this case he has made an effort to correct the situation with me. As he is now back on the site, moo, I would suggest you attempt to recontact him.

That which doesn't kill me has made a tactical mistake.

Rites of Battle Your source for 40k opinions, news, and hobby updates.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Trading Area

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode