Leather Hole Punch. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Powered by Squig Tea

Viscount Vash's Flag is: England

Default Leather Hole Punch.

Leather Hole Punch.
Possibly the Mek's best friend.

Whilst mekkin larger Ork gubbinz for my Blitz Brigade there has been one tool that has moved further to the front of the tool box.

This is a simple device for punching holes in leather, so why has it become so important to me?

Well the by product of punching holes out of things is rather handy circles of waste material.

These things can usually be found in craft or hardwear shops in varying qualities and price ranges, but for our purposes cheap is good enough.
Cutting plastic will eventually wear out the brass plate that the cutting edge works to.
The example picture shows one I picked up in a local shop for the grand total of 3.50 and is still going strong.

This can cut plasticard of up to about 2mm thick that will be usable, (It will cut thicker but the shapes will be uneven and you have to have a grip like a vice to force it through in the first place.)

Here is a picture to show the different six sizes. The one I use the most is the smallest which is about 2mm across.

Some uses for lots of little plastic disks.

Ok ,so most of those are rivets but you get the idea.
Viscount Vash.

Last edited by Viscount Vash; 11-18-12 at 09:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-10, 06:09 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

That wasn't the first image that came to mind. Really though, this is pretty sweat.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-11, 07:58 PM

Just got one of these...it's great for things like wheelnuts and rivets.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-27-11, 04:59 AM
Boondock Shogun

Shogun_Nate's Flag is: USA

As an addendum (and a wee bit of the dark art of threadomancy), when buying a rotary punch as the one shown, you want to see if you can get one with removable punches. Many of them are cheapish and replacement punches can be purchased online for them (though you need to make sure you get the specific ones for the brand of punch purchased). These are a little more expensive but should one of your punches break, all you have to do is buy a replacement punch instead of the whole thing. On top of that, you can sharpen them should they become dull with fine grit sand paper (you want the wet/dry kind around 220 grade). I use punches every day where I work (a saddle shop lol) and the ability to replace and sharpen them is a very nice side benefit lol.

Good luck and good gaming,

Nate

"If you can't stun them with your tactical brilliance, baffle them with your superior grasp of BS."

"I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAllFather View Post
Well, seeing as how you capitalize your characters, use proper grammar and punctuation, I'd say you qualify.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Tutorials > Tools of the Trade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode