Gadgets to make your life easier - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-10-08, 07:28 PM

i got the cutting tool yesterday, its really good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-13-08, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

I will be adding to this article once again. If there is something you are looking for let me know, I will look for it or think up some plans for something! Keep the ideas rolling.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-13-08, 04:18 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

I found about the best combination toolchest/bitz box a while back

The http://www.amazon.com/ArtBin-Easy-View-Tote-17-5x9-25x12-75/dp/B0013JLL0U/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1229141216&sr=8-4
The top section is nice and open with lots of room for tools, and it has a recessed area on the sides with holes cut for long tools like scissors and razor saws. Only problem is because of those holes it's not good to have small tools (like your pin vice or exactos) rattling around loose in there, but there's plenty of room for a smaller box for those fiddly bits if you want. I've got room for my bigass knife kit, two sets of files, the tin I keep my small tools in (a couple exactos, my drill bits, paperclips for pinning, pinvice, reamer bits, some spare magnets, my 6" straightedge/depth gague, etc),, nippers, wire cutters, pliers, my plastic cutter, scissors, saw, reamer, my smallass knife kit, tube of GS, tape dispenser, a bundle of plastic strips and tubing, glue, guitar strings, etc and still have room around inside the top compartment for some more crap if I can think of anything else I need.

Then there's the front bit that flips down with three removable compartmentalized boxes. I was able to consolidate several small bits boxes and one big one into two of these boxes, with one spare. The only problem is there's not as many dividers as I would like, but if you have plasticard you can make dividers.

With a little padding it would make a good miniature transporter too. The compartments are deep enough to stand a normal marine up inside and the top os suitable for vehicle parking

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

Last edited by Galahad; 12-13-08 at 04:54 AM.

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-13-08, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

Very nice Gal, thank you!
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-13-08, 04:56 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

No problem. I've been wanting to brag about that thing for a while. I love it to death. Only thing I can;t put in it are my extra long florist's wires and my big green cutting mat

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-13-08, 07:51 PM
Miniature's Surgeon

Dusty's Corner's Flag is: Philipines

Here's a gadget that inadvertly I got for my tea. It's a USB mug warmer - It's crap for warming tea. There's warnings like don't touch the hot plate - I put it straight on my face - no problem! A fart is warmer!
However now use a Chinese tea candle warmer thing (that's how I got my f***ing blister), and the USB is now for general warming stuff up, like spray cans!, thickening paint, drying glue, washes (careful not to get electric shocks), GS, rock hard chocolate (yummy)...
Just not tea.
Also, wouldn't really go out of my way to buy it, could use just a lamp instead.

Dusty
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-13-08, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Linky to the product if you could! And you were knocked out of painting for 2 weeks because of a tea warmer? *snicker*
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-13-08, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Dremel Stylus, Cordless

Patented nose tip control - On/Off at front of tool for one handed operation

Variable speed 5,000 - 25,000 RPM for superior performance and control

Pistol grip design for outstanding balance, performance and precision control

Docking station - Holds the Stylus during projects while charging battery.

Soft grip housing for superior comfort and control

7.2V integrated lithium ion battery - Holds a charge 6 times longer than Ni-Cd

Tool will hold a charge for up to 2 years

No battery "memory effects" - Can be recharged at anytime without reducing the charge capacity

I own one and I would love trade it for anything. The only issue is I can not fit anything that requires the screw on nose which has a few items that would be useful to us.
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-06-09, 03:25 AM
Miniature's Surgeon

Default Fitting Dremel to Pillar

Ok got a mad one for ya! You know how things that should be straight forward and simple aren't? Well I got this pillar mount for a dremel. Thing is, the dremel doesn't fit! I've got two dremels; one on a flexi cable that I made an adaptor for. In the pic it's the donut shaped thing resting on the base plate. It has a slit in it to allow the clamp to tighten and hold it. Worked pretty good until I got superglue all inside the dremel and had to remove it's safety cover to save it (still got no cover). It can no longer go in the pillar without the cover. So #2 Dremel will go in it.

It's already had a bit done, a ring added and cut out where the vents are (don't think covering them over would be a good idea). In this pic you'll see the problem, if it went straight in, it would wobble around.

So now needs a washer to make the contact nice.

Then some putty stuff in from underneath (vaseline around the inside of the pillar mount ring first!), let it set for a while, then twisty pull it out. Make sure the clamp is open, so that after all your stuffing, when it comes to clamping down, if will definately grip.

Yeah looks horrible. Added some crazy pink creamy hardener to the mix (dunno why). Gonna let it fully set, then add some more, them sand & clean it up.
Or the alternative is; just buy a dremel and pillar mount that match!

Hope you found that useful,
Dusty
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-16-09, 07:14 PM
Miniature's Surgeon

'Ello,
So here's finished conversion with an adaptor for the base.

Tip in dremel. Pipe to be drilled on roller-rack. Different adaptor in base.

That's another adaptor for the adaptor (what?). And to show that it lines up;

And this is what that adaptor adpator is for, to spin with the sanding bit (should allow for more pressure when sanding whilst keeping the tip striaght).

Whatta think? Anyone gonna try making it, or just buy a proper one? Got show racks if anyone's interested seeing them.

Dusty

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Tutorials > Tools of the Trade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode