Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Air Dryable Clay (Home Made)

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  m.leboss 
#1 ·
First off I got this idea after reading this forum post http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31411 It is a post on very easy craters which are very good, the only problem was that I couldnt find a place that sold cheap clay in my town. My solution, make my own air dryable clay.

The possibility for this reaches far beyond craters, im sure you guys can think of 1000 things to do with it.

Sorry about the lack of pictures. This recipe is pretty simple though.

1) Gather ingredients :
- 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1 tablespoon of cream of tarter - (not required but better with it)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of baking oil
- 2 cups of water

2) In an appropriate container start boiling your two cups of water.

3) Meanwhile mix all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl ( salt, flour, cream of tartar)

4) When the water has started boiling, take it off the element and add your oil.

5) Mix the hot water and oil in your mixing bowl and thouroghly mix ingredients. You should see your clay starting to form.

6) After you can see that all the ingredients are mixed. Take the clay and leave it as a big ball to cool.

7) Once cooled you should take a rolling pin and roll it very well.

After this you can do anything you want with it. It will dry in the air in a matter of hours but stay moldable in a air tight container. I am using it for craters the possibilities are endless. Just dont bake it to harden it, that would end badly.

See less See more
#6 ·
Sounds like you just need to add a Cake pan to make a delicious cake.
But really, wouldnt it rot when you spill some liquid over it afterwards?

#7 ·
can you show us som pictures of your creations ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.