2250 Tomb Kings - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-09, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Mutants_ho!'s Flag is: USA

Default 2250 Tomb Kings

(Everything I have edited in the list will be in purple to avoid confusion)

Well, I love a great many armies, and one of the ones I happen to thoroughly enjoy the fluff of is TK's. Since I bought the army book and have flipped though it It has been difficult to include everything I want in the list (I still have not succeeded at that) but I have made something I feel will suit my playing style.

Tomb King: 271
--Destroyer of Eternities
--Collar of Shapesh
--La/S

Tomb Prince: 147
--Sword of Might
--La/Enchanted Shield
--Vambraces of the Sun

Liche Priest: 160
--Cloak of Dunes
--Dispel Scroll

Liche Priest: 173
--Steed
--2x Dispel Scroll

Skeleton warriors (24): 266
--Full Command w/ Warbanner
--La/S

(2) Skeleton Warriors (20): 170 (340)
--Bow
--Standard Bearer

(2) Skeleton Heavy Horse (5): 80 (160)

Tomb Guard (21): 307
--Full Command w/ Banner of the Undying Legion

(2) Tomb Scorpion: 85 (170)

Carrion (3): 72

(2) Screaming Skull Catapult: 90 (180)

Total: 2246

The list basically castles up, with the catapults on a hill or in firm positions in my battle line, the CC SW's and TG are on the flanks, while the archers are deployed 10x2 in front of them, reformed in the magic phase they they become other CC units (when they are reformed they are put in the empty space between the TG and the Hw/S skeleton warriors). The Horses are there to flank (I know they are not the best but they are cheap) and the Tomb Scorpions are there to kill the hard stuff (or ICFB against dwarves and empire and the like). The archers and the catapults shoot twice per turn, and then kill whats left in combat basically.

Last edited by Mutants_ho!; 04-30-09 at 09:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-09, 10:29 PM

TK Calvary is horrible the best thing to do is use 6+ chariots in that list
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-09, 01:06 PM

Vaul's Flag is: New Zealand

Agreed on the chariots comment - also, standard of the cursing wound is not a good standard for infantry, your base is too small to make good use of it. Give them a war banner instead, or if you do opt for chariots in the end, put the cursing wound banner on them - larger base size. Ultimately, you really want the icon of the sacred eye on your chariot unit. I put that on my chariots and put the prince in a chariot to go with them - that chariot unit slays.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-09, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Mutants_ho!'s Flag is: USA

Well, chariots are one of the things I wanted to have in the list, but couldn't find the points for (I wanted two units to have on both flanks, but they cost too many points) so I opted for the Hvy. Calvary (which I already know is not very useful, but I feel won't be too bad for what I'm using them for) and are only 80 points each. I totally forgot I can take the warbanner on the Skeleton warriors (my main army is O&G and I never really get to take any magic banners as there are only orc units that have the option and I play goblins), and that is a good idea, so I will definitely do that.

I pictured the prince with the tomb guard, as they don't need a character holding them up that much, and he can stop an attack, and the king with the skeletons as they need his help more, and he does not really lose anything from being there. Would that work or should I put the king in the TG like I see most people doing? (I do not want a character on a chariot btw, so If I do take chariots they will just be better out flankers for the army like the cav are now)

I also updated the SW unit to have the warbanner.

Last edited by Mutants_ho!; 04-30-09 at 09:42 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-01-09, 02:52 AM
Eastern Potent

Lord Sven Kittyclaw's Flag is: Canada

That looks like a pretty solid list man, graned i dont play TK i think it looks pretty good!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Tomb Kings Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode