2250 Tomb Kings: Casket of Souls list (Competitive) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-08, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Vaul's Flag is: New Zealand

Default 2250 Tomb Kings: Casket of Souls list (Competitive)

Army Name: (The Casket of Souls)

I like the concept and model for the Casket, so i'm trying a list that will be based around it. On paper I feel that 2x Screaming Skull catapults would be better, but i'm just going for something I think will be cool

LORDS

Lord: Tomb King Thoth: (291)
-Chariot (w/chariot of fire)
-Flail of Skulls
-Light Armour & Shield

HEROES

Hero 1: Prince Sebek: (199)
- Blade of Setep
- Chariot

Hero 2: The Heirophant: (148)
- Heiratic Jar
- Skeletal Steed

Hero 3: Lesser Lich: (304)
- Casket of Souls
- Dispel Scroll

CORE

Core 1: 22 Skeletal Bowmen: (176)

Core 2: 22 Skeletal Bowmen: (176)

Core 3: 20 Skeleton Warriors: (170)
- Hand Weapons, Shields
- Standard Bearer

Core 4: 6x Light Horsemen: (84)
- Bows

Core 5: 10x Heavy Horsemen: (160)
- Standard Heavy Horsement gear: Spears, shields, light armour etc

Core 6: 3x Light chariots: (120)

SPECIAL

Special 1: 3x Carrion

Special 2/3/4: 3x Tomb Scorpion

RARE

Rare 1: (casket of souls): (Included in heroes)

Rare 2: Screaming Skulls Catapult

Army Total: (2245)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-08, 12:14 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

You're going to need somewhere along the lines to upgrade the SSC to have Skulls of the Fallen, or whatever it is.

I don't think Carrion are worth it either - they are too easy to kill for the job they're meant to be doing, and if you're using them as a march Blocker, then they're too expensive, and don't have a ranged attack, and won't hold up in combat.

Also, I'd suggest changing the Heavy Cavalry to Chariots. Far more survivable, and hit far harder, meaning that you won't need the ranks.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-08, 01:53 PM
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

Welcome to the Fantasy sub-forums Vaul. Glad to see you found the army posting frame useful!

I am not that knowledgable regarding Tomb Kings, we have a grand total of zero TK players locally, so take what I say with that caveat in mind! I like the look of the list, it seems like a nice range of units and is reasonably balanced from what I can tell. I would suggest you try to tweak it so that you can upgrade your catapult like Vaz mentioned.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-08, 08:49 PM

Inquisitor Aurelius's Flag is: Canada

Drop the TK's Chariot. It will be destroyed, and he'll be killed in the process, or else left standing all by his onesy in the middle of the battlefield. It looks good on paper, but it never works the way you want it to. That'll make the Chariots Special, but you don't need three Tomb Scorpions in less than 3,000 points anyway. I don't know what that would put you at in terms of points (haven't got my Army Book handy), but it's certainly more than enough to pay for the upgrade for the Catapult. Give Thoth the Destroyer of Eternities (big fun - trust me) and pop him into the unit of Skellies to create an extra threat for your opponent to concentrate on. Use whatever's left over to bulk out the Light Horsemen unit, since that's presumably where you're going to stick the Hierophant.

May have more later when I dig out the Army Book. Ah, memories...

Four Colditz salads and a Hermann Goering.

Last edited by Inquisitor Aurelius; 12-31-08 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Noticed a spelling error.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-08, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

No offense to anyone here, but so far the feedback over at dakka has been superior - http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...0A9ACD95E1439D

Thanks for the advice though guys. I'm still going to stick with the carrion, TK chariot etc though. I don't like the destroyer of eternities either.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-08, 05:46 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ask abot Warriors of Chaos, and you'd get a different answer, =).

We can't really help fully if we haven't played the army ourselves, but from our own experiences we have ourselves from have fought against it. We will try and help though.
One word of advice though, don't go into a Tesco's, and say Sainsburies is better - you're asking for trrouble, and will get less help in future.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-08, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Yeah probably. I'm just surprised by the diversity of opinion, I guess I shouldn't be. Not sure why I would have thought there would be more consensus on these sorts of things.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-08, 08:20 AM

Ancient Tiel' a fier's Flag is: United Kingdom

I would say keep the carrion, TK make a great shooting army and you have chosen a fair amount of missle fire and of course a casket. March blocking is essential and will buy you time. Id also suggest you look at light cavalry rather than heavy, they can be used to help slow the enemy even more and add a little more missle power too.
I wouldnt place too much hope in your magic though. With two priests and no bound items save the casket i doubt you will get much casting done (unless your opponants magic defense is woefully inadequate, which he will learn to regret ).
There is some risk placing your king on a chariot, but it is not a large target so use the chariots as a counter attack reserve behind your archers.

Tomb kings are a great army and its always nice to see how others use them, please tell us of your battles and exploits.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-08, 04:49 PM

Inquisitor Aurelius's Flag is: Canada

The King and Prince are casters too, remember. Great thing about Tomb Kings: you're bound to get something through. While the Casket will as likely as not never go off, that's because the opponent will fear it so much he'll save dice to counter it (since it's at the bottom of the hierarchy), freeing up the real casters to do fun things like launch the Chariots at 90kph into the enemy's flank. And if he doesn't respect the power of the Casket, he'll soon learn to .

Four Colditz salads and a Hermann Goering.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-08, 08:56 PM
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm glad you got some useful feedback for your army, as Vaz says the feedback you recieve all depends on what posters know; it is a shame that TK are not that popular on this forum as yet. You are lucky that one of the posters in particular is very knowledgable about TK on your other thread.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Tomb Kings Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode