2000 Points Tomb Kings Lore of Death list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-12, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Default 2000 Points Tomb Kings Lore of Death list

So, I wanted to do a take on a 2000 points Tomb Kings list around Lore of Death just looking for a bit of feedback on it.

Basically if everything goes well, I use Doom and Darkness on a squad to reduce their leadership, then either hit them with my casket or if that's dispelled the Screaming Skull Catapult should hopefully have the squad take at least one wound and take a panic test and have them run off. and I still have other spell choices from the lore of death as well for backup if I need some direct damage like Purple Sun or a few other ones.

2000 point Tomb Kings

Lords
Arkhan the Black (360pts)

Heroes
Ramhotep the Visionary
Tomb Prince (100pts)

Core

15x Skeleton Archers (90pts) - Arkhan chills with these guys
Skeleton Warriors X48 SB, Musician (212pts)

Special
Khemrian Warsphinx Envenomed Sting and Fiery Roar (240pts)
Necropolis Knights X3 w/ Entombed Beneath the Sands (210pts)
Tomb Gaurd X23 (323pts) Standard of the Undying Legion SB, Musician - Ramhotep and Tomb Prince

Rare
Casket of Souls (135pts)
Screaming Skull Catapult, Skulls of the Foe (120pts)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-12, 05:17 AM

LordofFenris's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltrix017 View Post
So, I wanted to do a take on a 2000 points Tomb Kings list around Lore of Death just looking for a bit of feedback on it.

Basically if everything goes well, I use Doom and Darkness on a squad to reduce their leadership, then either hit them with my casket or if that's dispelled the Screaming Skull Catapult should hopefully have the squad take at least one wound and take a panic test and have them run off. and I still have other spell choices from the lore of death as well for backup if I need some direct damage like Purple Sun or a few other ones.

2000 point Tomb Kings

Lords
Arkhan the Black (360pts)
Arkhan uses Lore of Death. This Lore is considered by many to be a character sniping Lore. As you Heirophat, your only caster, and using the Lore of Death, he really needs to be in his flying chariot. This also makes him incredibly expensive, and he also has no Ward Sv. You need a Ward Sv on your Heirophant to avoid Miscast issues and to protect him from the oncoming death that any good player will direct at him.

Heroes
Ramhotep the Visionary
I would drop this guy and take another Tomb Prince. Two WS 5 units are excellent.
Tomb Prince (100pts)

Core

15x Skeleton Archers (90pts) - Arkhan chills with these guys
I'm not a fan of skeletons. Chariots do a much better job and are excellent for their points. Some would argue TK have the best Core chariots in the game.

Special
Khemrian Warsphinx Envenomed Sting and Fiery Roar (240pts)
Drop the Envenomed Sting. 4 Attacks isn't going to cause much in the line of poison.
Necropolis Knights X3 w/ Entombed Beneath the Sands (210pts)
I love the knights, but Entombed Beneath the Sands is a terrible rule for them, unless they are taken in a 6 strong unit.
Tomb Gaurd X23 (323pts) Standard of the Undying Legion SB, Musician - Ramhotep and Tomb Prince
HUGE fan of Tomb Guard. I run as many as 60 in a 2500pt list, and always try to maximize their numbers.

Rare
Casket of Souls (135pts)
Screaming Skull Catapult, Skulls of the Foe (120pts)

"Take a moment, please. Ponder the depths of your insignificance."

"It would be disappointing if you were unable to overcome this simplest of defenses. Hilarious, but disappointing."

Crimson Fists (C:SM)
Necrons
Khorne Daemonkin

Other
WARMAHORDES (Skorne, Blindwater Congregation, Retribution of Scyrah)
DROPZONE COMMANDER (PHR)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-12, 06:04 AM

I disagree with Arkhan needing his "flying chariot". It makes more sense to stick him in a block of chariots for protection rather than let him be out by himself. I'd also personally get a Tomb Herald in there with a dragonhelm and a Dawnstone. Given that 2+ reallocation of wounds to the tomb herald and dragon helm, light armor, chariot, shield... thats a rerollable 3+ armor save with a 6+ regen save, and 2 wounds to get through. so thats 5 wounds total to try to kill Arkhan with his ability to regain wounds in close combat.

Ramhotep makes the most sense when using a single animated construct, typically either a Necro Knight or a Necrosphinx.

Big fan of archers. Nuff said.

Skeleton Warriors are nice with a prince and a Necrotect. Tomb Guard are widely considered better but I find it hard to disapprove the killing power of a large block of spear warriors.

Not a big fan of the Warsphinx or the Necro Knights. If I was going to drop a unit behind the enemy to make them turn and fight, I think I'd go with Scarabs.

I'd inclured a priest of Lore of Nehk and a priest of Lore of Death. Gaining power dice from the Lore of Death is pretty easy. If you're going with Arkhan, you should be dominating the magic phase.

Hive Fleet Tarasque/The Black Legion of Khemri
Battles: 13/3
Wins: 8/2
Minor Wins: 0/0
Minor Losses: 1/0
Losses: 4/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A-C View Post
Tzeentch runs GW.

Last edited by Lord Azune; 01-22-12 at 06:06 AM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-12, 11:31 AM

CoNnZ's Flag is: England

My only concern is that the army is almost totally devoid of mobility. Without a liche priest to help out with movement there is a fair chance you can either get shot to pieces or out manoeuvred. Do you intend on remaining stationary or moving out. The lore of death spells usually have a pretty poor range so mobility might again be a concern.
Given the two tarpits of skeletons your only killing potential may come from arkhan
Drop ramhotep for a liche priest and potentially drop the sphinx in favour of carrion and chariots to get some mobility

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-12, 02:48 PM

ExtraCrew's Flag is: USA

I wouldn't use special characters at all. General rule is you can make a better character that is more effective at what you wanna do for less points. Sure you don't get one or two cool special abilities, but its not worth it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Tomb Kings Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode