Last episode of Doctor Who *possible Spoilers* - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-06-08, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Default Last episode of Doctor Who *possible Spoilers*

Anybody else watch it? I thought it was brill some great script writing in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-06-08, 07:47 PM
Ex Mod.

cccp's Flag is: Great Britain

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-06-08, 08:33 PM

solitaire's Flag is: England

It was fantastic though I don't think it was the best of the series.

Yes that's right I said it.

My biggest issues with it was that all the Daleks were killed... again... I'm getting a bit bored of every series being "OMG the Daleks survived and/or created a massive empire". The other thing is that I always thought Rose wasn't that good a companion, she was all right, but definitely not good enough to be the Doctors One True Love.

Saying that I loved Davros and practically had a fit when he made that maniac laugh!
....Go Davros!!!

"Playing Warhammer is just like making love. It's usually done on a table and afterwards you always feel great shame. Plus like most fun things the older you get the less fun it becomes. So remember, always wear a condom while playing Warhammer - I've got mine on now."

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-06-08, 09:25 PM

beenburned's Flag is: United Kingdom

My only gripe, was the taking earth back to where it belongs...I'm sorry but it was just a bit too shit for my liking. Why was the earth shaking? would people who hadn't got anything to hold onto be shaken off the earth, burn up in the atmosphere then leave a trail of burnt out corpses between where the daleks took it and our solar system. Well, that's what I wanted to happen. But yea, aside from that I enjoyed it massively.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-06-08, 09:49 PM

I thought the earth had been returned with the other planets, until they said it hadnt been. It was a wtf! moment. I also think that in the past 2 years, the Doctor has managed to get over Rose, but not the other way around. However, the "clone" obviously hadn't. As he was fresh to the emotions, and was able to say "I love you." to Rose.

Alas, do not forget that the Doctor would have prefered River, as she actually knew his name and Rose never did. I presume she will now, or possibly the "clone" will change it.

Apart from that I think it was a well conceived episode. Very visually appealing. However, I think that the constant resurrection of the Daleks and Cybermen should perhaps be stopped.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-07-08, 10:17 AM

Lord Sinkoran's Flag is: England

I thought it was a bit obvious like reading a book but davros's laugh is hilarious. I new davey tennent wasn'y going to leave as he is the best doctor ever.

Violence is never the answer, it is the question, to which the answer is, yes
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-07-08, 04:45 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

Best doctor who episode in a long, long time. However, why do they have to kill of the daleks? It didn't fit in and felt really rubbish, why couldn't they of just escaped the empire, so it could come back in later series? The daleks, the cybermen, or any of the aliens aren't as scary (they're still frightening though) as they used to be, as they are always so easily beaten. Still, a great episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-07-08, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Me thinks the scariest episodes were the gas masked boy one and the angels one. Gave me the shivers. "Are you my mummy?"
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-07-08, 05:44 PM
Ex Mod.

cccp's Flag is: Great Britain

davros isnt dead though, they left that bit open ended, so the daleks will return at some point
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-07-08, 05:46 PM

beenburned's Flag is: United Kingdom

yeah, but the whole thing about one last dalek managing to stay alive has become a bit of a cliché these days. Why not just have an everpresent empire? Make the doctor lose for once goddamnit!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode