Ad Mech tactica? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Tactica Articles This is the place to post if you have an in-depth tactics article or guide on how to use a unit or army. Codex specific guides go in their respective subforum. General topics belong in the main forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-16, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Tyriks's Flag is: USA

Default Ad Mech tactica?

Is there a plan to add a forum for them? Or does anyone have relevant links? I really like the way they look and am considering picking some up as allies (probably to slowly replace SM as my main army) but I just don't know that much about them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-14-16, 04:10 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Good question.

::pokes the rest of the staff::

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-15-16, 08:08 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Would like to see this myself.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-15-16, 06:32 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-16, 12:02 PM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Speeking of @scscofield is there any plans for adding any additonal areas such as imperial knights or even Harlequins really? Or do they count as eldar and imperium respectfully???

Just a comment thought this to be a good spot for it save starting a new thread, don't actually have much to add on either topic just noticed their absence.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-16, 02:25 PM

I pushed the question up the line for you.

I personally think we should go the opposite route and merge everything. When I first joined HO each section was very active and full of input. Now it strikes me that with the lower activity levels, spreading out into more and more subforums dilutes what little input there currently is.

The above is my personal opinion, not policy.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-16, 02:41 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

^ it makes sense though, that personal opinion. I'd worry that I wouldn't sift through every list posted to find the SM and Guard ones I typically comment on though, and because people have to look harder for what they want it might dissuade what little commentary there is.

The more I think about it, is the organization of the site really what draws people here or there? Other forums have even more sub-categories and others still have less, and yet they are more popular than ol' Heresy here (or so it would seem to the outsider anyway). Personally I think it's the quality of interaction that pulls people in but at the same time out of the 30 or so people in the club I play in I'm the only person who's ever heard of Heresy, whereas BoLS, Dakka, Natfka, B&C, and others are commonplace for membership. No real clue as to why, but it likely has something to do with our prominence in Google searches.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-16, 03:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
No real clue as to why, but it likely has something to do with our prominence in Google searches.
Its this and overall content, something Jezlad talked about for years and I've taken up the flag doing. Have more content, draw in/back more people. Have content titled in ways that maximize search results, increase the likelyhood someone is to find said content and come here.

I tried this before with tacticas and reviews but most people chose not to do it, and I don't believe anyone does it now.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-16, 03:28 PM

I would if given free reign merge most of them.

Imperium
Xenos
Chaos

By DR has hit the main issue on the head. Lack of content is biting this place compared to those other sites mentioned.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-16, 05:34 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Have more content, draw in/back more people. Have content titled in ways that maximize search results, increase the likelyhood someone is to find said content and come here.
Even if it is good for the site it's hard to want to spend the time creating what one might think is a useful piece of literature to have it read by a bunch of people but not interacted with. Worse, it often brings in the classic GW 'internet rager' that just makes you want to shut off the monitor and go outside or something. I want to write a new edition of the BA article I wrote when the 7th ed. 'dex came out that incorporates some of the new stuff that's happened since as well as my own vastly superior knowledge of the game and army compared to when the book was initially released, but spending any amount of time writing something that large when the last thing I posted on the topic felt like a waste of time...

Well, even you admitted that you stopped trying with the tacticas and reviews. Unless I read your post wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
I would if given free reign merge most of them.

Imperium
Xenos
Chaos
It can't make anything worse, that's for sure. For some reason it didn't occur to me that you intended on keeping categories like that, but rather '40k Tactical Articles' and '40k Army Lists' for examples and everything that fell under that header would be there regardless of Faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
Lack of content is biting this place compared to those other sites mentioned.
I see a lot of the same topics across all those forums and this one, what I don't see is people involving themselves in the conversation. I don't frequent anything but BoLS and Natfka (admittedly, I occasionally look with longing at the BA membership of B&C) so that I can transfer rumour mill stuff from there to here, but I am oddly entirely caught up on all current conversations in my group via conversations I have here about rules queries and the game as a whole. Sure, we could always use more content, but even when the content is the same (or even ahead of others with some pictures in the Rumours forums) we still seem to have the same issues.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 02-12-16 at 05:51 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode