Warhammer 40K Tactica Forums - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Tactica Articles This is the place to post if you have an in-depth tactics article or guide on how to use a unit or army. Codex specific guides go in their respective subforum. General topics belong in the main forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-12, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

Default Warhammer 40K Tactica Forums

Welcome to the Warhammer 40K Tactica Articles Forum

What the Tactica Forum Is

First off, this is the place to go for in-depth, codex specific tactica articles. If you have a question such as "How do I equip X unit?" then please post it in the Tactics forum where your fellow Heretics will be glad to give you advice on that specific topic.

This forum is for guides on how to use the given army, unit, etc rather than just a generic "You should focus on shooting with Tau."

Submitting Tactica Threads

While writing a Tactica, try to keep in mind your target audience. Avoid abbreviations and acronyms to make each article more reader-friendly.

The Tactica forum is a bit different than every other subforum on Heresy-Online. Once you create a thread, it is not automatically posted to the sub-forum, it must be approved by the forum Moderator before it appears. I will be regularly checking each subforum to ensure that I stay on top of the articles.

However, there is currently a sizeable backlog of submitted Tactica Articles. I will be concentrating on getting these proofread and edited to ensure that the Tactica is updated and uploaded. If changes need to be made in terms of grammar/structure/spelling, I will edit the threads accordingly prior to approving them. For those that need to be edited for content, I will approve with a warning post to edit the thread. If the thread is not updated in a satisfactory manner within ONE WEEK, it will be sent to the recycle bin.

I'm not trying to be a dick with your tactica threads, however the way to make this a truly successful corner of the forum is to keep it with the most accurate and best information available.

Index Tactica

Over the coming weeks, I'll be going over, cataloging, and editing EVERY existing tactica article. An Index thread for each sub-forum will be built to ensure that a listing exists for all up-to-date articles. Threads that are no longer relevant due to outdated Codecies will not be included in the Indecies and will be left to die. If you have a Tactica Article that is currently out of date and is not included in the Index and you edit it post-facto, then feel free to send me a PM to add it in accordingly.

Tactica Requests

If you are trying to request an in-depth article from your fellow Heretics, we do allow you to make tactica requests. Please format the title as the following:

"[Request] Question"

However, keep these requests in the main Tactica Articles forum, not in the army specific forums, as the threads will not be approved.

When/if a responsive thread is created for a request, I will post a link to that response in the request thread and then close that thread.

6th Edition is Looming...

With 6th Edition fast approaching, we as a community need to ensure that our tactica articles are up to date and current to facilitate the transition to the new rule set. The key to making these forums successful is you!

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.

Last edited by Boc; 04-16-12 at 02:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-12, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
Boc
Like a Bawss

Okay everyone, this is a call to action!

We as a community have a chance to really get ahead of the game in terms of putting out new in depth tactica articles with the release of 6th Edition, so let's get to work!

How has the new edition and the FAQs changed the way your codex is played?

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-12, 04:05 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

definately

im gonna need more shootas

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-12, 06:02 AM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

I'm currently working on a new GK tactica. Adapting the one I wrote in 5th to the new 6th, it's differences, losses, gains, and what nots. Give me a few days and it'll be ready for submission.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-12, 12:11 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

I'm going over the Sisters Codex with the new rules. I'll have something up as soon as I can.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Boc
Like a Bawss

Glad to hear it, gents.

Also, as additional incentive:
The first member to post up a complete, detailed look at each Codex with the changes from the 6th Edition rules will receive 100 reputation points!

Who said bribery doesn't work?

As a disclaimer, I'll be in the woods playing army until the 22nd (possibly as late as the 26th) of this month. While I do get 1 bar of 1G internet on my phone where I currently am, I'll be a bit slow to access and approve threads. If you post up an introduction to a thread but intend to write more, inform me via PM so that I will approve the first thread. I do get email notifications to my cell phone when any new tactica article is posted, but due to work/environmental constraints I may not be able to approve for a few days.

Quote:
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 09:20 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'll try to get some detailed stuff up on Vanilla and DA marines.

Is updating a current codex review/analysis sufficient?

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Boc
Like a Bawss

That's more than okay, just shoot me a PM once complete for the brib-er, reward

Quote:
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-12, 09:25 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Looking at everything, I've got roughly 36 entries to start writing up. That's not counting subsections like eveything that goes under wargear.

I'll be done as quick as I can but you may be back by then. O.O
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-12, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Boc
Like a Bawss

Need some tacticas for the new CSM dex and the Horus Heresy Betrayal book. *cracks whip* Let's go Heretics!

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode