Ravenwing -Deathwing 750pts - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-08, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Icon Ravenwing -Deathwing 750pts

I have a 750pt army and am looking for opinions on it. Please be frank....

HQ Sammael Master of the Raven wing 205
(Landspeeder or Jetbike)

Troops Ravenwing attack Squadron:
Sergeant + 2 Bikers 120

Ravenwing support squadron:
Landspeeder (Typoon) 75

Elites Terminator Squad 220
Sergeant + 4 Termies
lightning claws
Heavy Flamer upgrade

Dreadnought 130
Twin linked auto cannon & flamer upgrade

Total 750
What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-08, 04:47 PM
z4ch001's Flag is: England

im no dark angels expert but you definately need more anti tank- 1 autocannon isnt enough-att bike with multi melta(if you can) or at least a lascannon on the dred
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-08, 11:35 PM

bl0203's Flag is: USA

You have pretty durable units overall, however your model count is very low. So a few unlucky roll could get expensive. Z4ch001 is right you may need some antitank, how about giving your lightining claw termie a missile launcher its a pretty tough looking model to boot.

"Primus Enire Ultima Exire"

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-08, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback, both are very valid points. The upgrades are 20pts each and there is no where I think I can drop points from. However, from a Tank busting point of view, Sammael on his jetbike, has a Plasma cannon and twin linked storm bolter, but his free swap to a speeder gets him twin linked heavy bolters and assault cannons. Hopefully this would suffice?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-08, 01:32 AM

DarKKKKK's Flag is: USA

First of all, good luck running a good 750 pt army like the Ravenwing and/or Deathwing. You are guranteed to be out numbered and if ur not, thats kind of sad for the other person. Anyway, Dreadnought probably would be better off being anti-tank/heavy and putting on Lascannons and ML. Just have Sammael on landspeeder and get rid of the other one for points. If you have enough extra, add in the 50 pts for the Attack bike w/ MM for ur Ravenwing Bike Squad.

"There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods."
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-08, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Thanks DarKKKKK.

How would you run a 750 point DA army? I really like the Raven/Death join but obviously as you pointed out, the numbers of opposition are seriously large.

This is just a suggestion, my larger DA force works well with 1500pts, but the 750 pt game has me flumaxed somewhat. Would love to hear your alternative suggestions.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-08, 07:55 PM

DarKKKKK's Flag is: USA

With a 750 pt army in the Dark Angels, usually I wouldnt use a total Ravenwing or Deathwing unless I had a good list of them against the right army. Here is some ideas or tips to help you out with your 750 pts of DA

HQ:
Chaplains are usually a good choice of low point space marine armies and Dark Angels are a perfect example. This low of points you maybe could pull off Sammael.

Elites:
Usually scouts are a popular pick b/c of long range cheap infantry. Personally I dont like scouts, but its not like its a bad pick by any means. Dreadnoughts are another good choice for anti-tank/heavy.

Troops:
Troops would be your general combat squad space marines with weapon upgrades. The usual pick for Dark Angels weapon upgrades are Plasma Guns/Cannons (depending on squad size) and/or Meltaguns. Another good pick personally I believe is a Missile Launcher. Vet Sgt with power weapon isn't a bad idea either, but usually a last point filling add in to make sure you get all your other needs first.

Fast Attack:
The only fast attack I would use is the Ravenwing Land Speeder with HB/AC takes up 100pts but is a very good anti-horde. If your HQ choice is already Sammael on Land Speeder in a 750pt army, don't use any fast attack b/c of the high cost of most of the DA selection.

Heavy Support:
Not a huge need, but if you can fit some in, do it. Usually just one lone predator with Lascannons and Heavy Bolters (130 pts). Maybe even a Vindicator with dozer blade (130 pts) which can really draw some fire to keep your other units alive and lay down some heavy damage.

I have just now made 2 versions of 750 pt DA army lists if you would like to see them. PM me if you want to and ill PM back the 2.

"There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods."

Last edited by DarKKKKK; 05-09-08 at 08:17 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode