Dark Angels 400 point - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-07-08, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
rgw

Default Dark Angels 400 point

So a friend of mine is having a garage 2v2 tournament to show off some new tables he made. Each of us bringing 400 points. And that being a pretty low number for Space Marines to have alot of tricks, I was needing some advice.

HQ

Space Marine Commander-power weapon and bolt pistol
(would a basic kit chaplain be a better choice?)

Troops

Combat Squad 1- Plasmagun
Sgt. w/ bolt pistol and chainsword

Combat Squad 2- meltagun
Sgt. w/ plasma pistol and power fist
Rhino w/ pintle mounted storm bolter
(most likely have my commander go here as they will be able to get closer faster, may use rhino for LOS coverage)

I normally have a good grasp on army lists, but I have no idea if I'm doing a small sized list right. Fell free to rip this list a new one.

Last edited by rgw; 05-08-08 at 02:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-08, 05:30 PM
z4ch001's Flag is: England

wot army u playin(if you kno) because if its hordish you want flamers and it may be wothwhile to put in some elites-if you do i would take a chaplain and put it in that unit. cant go wrong with vets(5 man with 1 or 2 power weapons)scouts would be good also cause im quite sure dark angel shotguns are strength 4-even 10 bs4 str4 shots can be devestating to a unit of guants
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-08, 11:12 PM

TrentLanthier's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4ch001 View Post
wot army u playin(if you kno) because if its hordish you want flamers and it may be wothwhile to put in some elites-if you do i would take a chaplain and put it in that unit. cant go wrong with vets(5 man with 1 or 2 power weapons)scouts would be good also cause im quite sure dark angel shotguns are strength 4-even 10 bs4 str4 shots can be devestating to a unit of guants
Keep in mind its a 400 point game... Vets + Power weapons and Scouts ... I mean from my understanding

90 points for vanilla combat squad x 2 = 180
Company Master = 100 points
(Note the bare minimum to play)

That leaves 120 points left... A vet squad with 1 power weapon is 115 points, with no special weapons. Be a good unit to attach the Chappy to (or commander) but no special weapons.

I might try:

Chaplain - 115 Points
Plasma Pistol

Tactical Squad (10) - 185
Missile Launcher
Flamer

Tactical Squad (5) - 105
Plasma Gun

Total: 400 Points on the button.

Obviously Break up the Tactical squad of 10 marines into 2 packs and separate the flamer and the ML. Attach the Chappy to the Flamer team.
I'm a fan of man power over vechiles but that's just me.

Considering an enemy could in theory field ... what 60 orks + a Big Mek totally 395 points....

Last edited by TrentLanthier; 05-08-08 at 11:17 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode