1 Rhino w/ extra armor and searchlight 66pts

Troops

5 Assault Marines w/ melta gun and power fist x 2 = 270pts

5 Assault Marines w/ plasma pistol and power fist x 2 = 280pts

4 Razobacks w/ twin-linked lascannons, extra armor, and searchlights = 284pts

Heavy Support

10 Man Devastator Squad w/ 4 plasmacannons = 230pts

Total =1846pts

Just an idea. I usually run a descent of angels list, so I'd thought I'd do something different.

A pretty straight forward idea, I think. Sternguard can use the Rhinos as bunkers. I can put them in cover and leave them to shoot at things.

A priest goes in each Razorback and the Chaplain in the last one. Assault squads move out and sit on objectives

Devastators can combat squad or stay together and drop plasma templates on troops.

Thoughts? Ideas? Feedback?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-06-11, 09:24 AM

jaysen's Flag is: USA

Is the list supposed to be shooty? Or, mostly assaulting? It's about half and half as stands with some expensive but long range shooting and some very short range assaulting type units.

If your playing capture objectives, I'd have at least one large tough unit to hold an objective.

The devastator squad is great, if it has line of sight to its targets and doesn't have to move. Same with the sternguard. If either has to move to get a shot, then they won't be effective. And, odds are the enemy isn't going to come waltzing into your line of sight if he can help it. If you are playing planetstrike, or a defensive type battle then, devastators are awesome, because you can sit them on the objective for the whole game and targets just walk right up to you. I'd suggest giving them drop pods and doing a drop pod assault. That way they can be placed on objectives in turn 1 and don't have to move the rest of the game. If you can't give them a vehicle, I'd think about using vindicators instead.

I wouldn't take a Reclusiarch in a non-cc type army. He earns back his points by giving a large melee type squad litanies of hate rerolls. He can help out a 5 man squad, but wont be near as effective. For a shooty army, I'd go with a shooty HQ, a librarian with shooting powers.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-07-11, 12:05 AM
Zymosis's Flag is: England

OK. From the top.

Reclusiach ? no comment. he's my favorite HQ too.

Sternguard ? could you find a more expensive way of putting lascannon in a list ?
for those pts you could just use a 2 las devestator team, gaining the signum. or a 4 missile launcher team. ( still 5 men ). dosn't look like the sternguard will have a need to use their specil ammo, which is why you should be taking them to start with....

assault squads ? i don't see the point of razors. in moving them flat out to get units in to combat, your not being able to fire that gun on top. . . . give them rhino and buy a Baal with the pts saved ? most enemy know to shoot up rhino / razors first too. av 11 won't keep that gun long...

I agree with Jaysen, you need a full tac squad. (or sniper scouts). hold your objective.

plasma devestators ? well can't say i havent done it before. fine if you can live with the 1:6 chance of killing your gunners..... maybe with a priest with them . . .

Any help ?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode