Total = 1000

"Follow me if I advance. Kill me if I retreat. Avenge me if I die"

-Warmaster Solon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-11, 08:30 PM

Broken's Flag is: England

Looking pretty good so far.

Personally, I would take a Predator with an Autocannon and Lascannons to replace one of the Devastator Squads. Gives you slightly stronger firepower, a manoeuvrable fire-base and some armour. If I remember correctly, this will leave you some points to spend elsewhere: a Power Fist in at least one of the Assault Squads would be an improvement.

Also, I'd drop one of the Sanguinary Priests in favour for a few Scouts. Give them a Heavy Bolter and Sniper Rifles, and obviously deploy them in cover. They'll prove to be a pain and most likely your enemy won't bother with them. This will also give you some numbers, and therefore resilience.

Generally, a Reclusiarch is more effective than a Librarian in Assault Squads, but the Psychic Powers could be useful in a smaller force like this.

I'm back and creating signatures once again. If you need an avatar, signature, artwork or anything just drop me a PM or go here: My Graphics Workshop
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 12:51 PM

I would not add a predator to this list. You don't have any armour, so don't give any obvious target to your opponent's anti-tank by adding one tank. It'll be stunned/shaken/destroyed from the very moment your opponent can fire all his anti tank into it and it won't get to shoot anymore.

What I would do is removing the meltabombs from the libby and the jump pack from one of the priests in order to get some points for a fist or two (just in case you are assaulted by a MC/dreadnought).

Keep the jump pack less priest with the devastators to give them FNP and move both the RAS together to keep them in the aura range. Attach the priest to one of the squads, the libby to the other, so that they can't be singled out, and go to town!

Edit: Remember to always always use shield, I know I often forget about it, and about the other power, it's up to you really. The most useful powers are probably sword (then don't upgrade the sarge of the attached squad to fist, it's not worth it) or lance (although with 4 meltas and 6 missiles at 1k points, I think I'd go for sword).

Cheers!

Blood for the blood god!
- Can I have my khorne-nids now?

Last edited by elkhantar; 06-15-11 at 12:55 PM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

spitfire54's Flag is: USA

I was actually thinking of putting the reclusiarch in, thats in another list that i made, but i can see where you would want to put in a predator, but in the game ill be using this in, ill be up against a lot of anti-tank, so i probably wont put one in.

As for the power fist, i didnt want to use them because i just feel that no one else will field any tanks, and that i dont intend to attack any IC's directly. So i was figuring i would instead go for infantry muncher.

Heres my new list idea, not many changes but i like it

2 X 10 Assault - 2 meltas, 2 LC = 480
1 Reclusiarch - JP = 155
2 x 5 Dev - 3 missiles = 240
Sanguinary Priest - JP = 75
Sanguinary Priest = 50

Total 1000

-Warmaster Solon
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-11, 12:34 PM

It's possible I'm being really thick, but what the LC's in the Assault Squads?

I'm back and creating signatures once again. If you need an avatar, signature, artwork or anything just drop me a PM or go here: My Graphics Workshop
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-11, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken View Post
It's possible I'm being really thick, but what the LC's in the Assault Squads?
Lightning claws?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-11, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyolddragon View Post
Lightning claws?
Clearly I was just being thick then.

Personally, I prefer Power Fists in Assault Squads so they can deal with Monstrous Creatures and tanks a lot more effectively.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-11, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

spitfire54's Flag is: USA

Like i said before, i wasnt really planning on running the assault teams into tanks or even monstrous creatures, i was planning on them chewing up mobs of infantry, thats why i was choosing the LC's.
If i really have to, ill run the melta's into the tanks and have some vets run into the monstrous creatures, but since ill be playing in teams, and i know the other players will be anti tank and anti monster

-Warmaster Solon

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode