1850 Blood Angels - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-11, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

1850 Blood Angels

Hi all. I've modified my Blood Angels Assault marines list to include some anti infantry armor support and a large bike squad. Please let me know what y'all think. I'm a noob at this and would rather not waste my money or time. Thanks!!

HQ

Mephiston 250 pts

Elites

2 Sanguinary Priests w/ power weapons and jump packs 180pts

Troops

1 10 Man assault marine squad w/ powerfist, 2 meltas, and jump packs 235pts

1 10 Man assault marine squad w/ powerfist, 2 meltas, and jump packs 235pts

1 5 Man DC squad w/ thunder hammer and power weapon and Lemartes 370 pts

Fast Attack

1 Baal Predator w/ twin-linked assault cannon and heavy bolter side sponsors 145pts

1 Baal Predator w/ twin-linked assault cannon and heavy bolter side sponsors 145pts

1 10 man bike squad (8 bikes and 1 attack bike) Multi-melta on the attack bike, 2 flamers, and power weapon on the sergeant. 290pts

Mephiston speaks for himself. A priest will go on each assault squad, and I may or not deep strike depending on the opponent. I could also combat squad them if needed. Although I've had numerous suggestions aggainst it, I will leave the jump packs on the Death Company (they're already built and primed). The 2 Baal Predators are there for anti-infantry/horde and anti-vehicle. I plan on combat squading the bikes: 5 bikes w/ 2 flamers in 1 squad, the multi-melta attack bike with the other three. These will also help with anti-infantry/horde and anti-vehicle.

This list is a big change considering that I was doing all jump pack troops with the exception of Mephiston. The lack of armor had me worried, so I changed the list a little.

Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-11, 04:47 PM

Flash's Flag is: United Kingdom

If you went up against a gunline you wouldn't be able to do anything really. If the opponent deploys badly you might be ok, but it's an unlikely scenario.

Mephiston is ok, great statline, but not worth his points. He doesn't really seem to have a delivery system in this list. Were you hoping to jump around and get in to combat? He'll get gunned down pretty fast. Astorath might be a better choice. He improves your chance of getting red thirst, str 6 power weapon that forces re-rolls of invulnerables (great against assault terminators) and has a jump pack so he can arrive with one of your assault squads. Not to mention he's a chaplain so they all get the re rolls on the charge. And he's cheaper.

I can't really see any ranged firepower in the list. Definitely need at least a few lascannons in my opinion. If fighting a gunline you're just gonna get shot to bits trying to get close, by which time it's unlikely you'll have enough left to get the job done.

The death company are hugely expensive like that and can't assault when they arrive and when they do, they are then subject to rage. Its a 350+ points sink to be honest. Death company are better delivered by a transport such as a stormraven or land raider in my opinion.

Baal Predators are ok, but too short ranged in my opinion. Yeah they can outflank, but that's not a tactic to rely on it's more of a bonus. Normal preds have better weapons, longer range and are still fast vehicles. If you swapped baals for regular you could get in some much needed ranged firepower, but still get to use predators.

The bikes look pretty dangerous, but fielding squads of 2 or 3 attack bikes is good for tank hunting. Regular bikes could make a nice assault squad if you put a priest and chaplain with them.

All of this is just my opnion. Been playing blood angels for a long time though.

Just a man, with a man's courage...and Terminator armour.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-11, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
If you went up against a gunline you wouldn't be able to do anything really. If the opponent deploys badly you might be ok, but it's an unlikely scenario.

Mephiston is ok, great statline, but not worth his points. He doesn't really seem to have a delivery system in this list. Were you hoping to jump around and get in to combat? He'll get gunned down pretty fast. Astorath might be a better choice. He improves your chance of getting red thirst, str 6 power weapon that forces re-rolls of invulnerables (great against assault terminators) and has a jump pack so he can arrive with one of your assault squads. Not to mention he's a chaplain so they all get the re rolls on the charge. And he's cheaper.

I can't really see any ranged firepower in the list. Definitely need at least a few lascannons in my opinion. If fighting a gunline you're just gonna get shot to bits trying to get close, by which time it's unlikely you'll have enough left to get the job done.

The death company are hugely expensive like that and can't assault when they arrive and when they do, they are then subject to rage. Its a 350+ points sink to be honest. Death company are better delivered by a transport such as a stormraven or land raider in my opinion.

Baal Predators are ok, but too short ranged in my opinion. Yeah they can outflank, but that's not a tactic to rely on it's more of a bonus. Normal preds have better weapons, longer range and are still fast vehicles. If you swapped baals for regular you could get in some much needed ranged firepower, but still get to use predators.

The bikes look pretty dangerous, but fielding squads of 2 or 3 attack bikes is good for tank hunting. Regular bikes could make a nice assault squad if you put a priest and chaplain with them.

All of this is just my opnion. Been playing blood angels for a long time though.
Thanks for the adivce. I really appreciate it. I'm just trying to find a way around building a blood angels mech army.

What about the scout move for the baal predators? Wouldn't that put them within range of targets?

Also, what about walking the assault marines onto the field?

The only models I own right now are most of the assault marines and 1 squad of DC, and I could pull the jump packs off of the DC if I decide to transport them.

Last edited by grumpyolddragon; 05-13-11 at 05:11 PM.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-11, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Okay. I went back to the list and changed some things. I came up with this.

HQ

Astorath 220 pts

Elites

2 Sanguinary Priests w/ power weapons, jump packs 180 pts

1 Chaplain 100pts

Troops

1 10 Man Assault squad w/ power fist, 2 meltas, and jump packs 235 pts

1 10 man DC squad w/ thunder hammer, power fist, power weapon 270 pts

Land Raider Redeemer w/ multi-melta 250 pts

Heavy Support

2 Predators w/ twin-linked lascannons and lascannon side sponsors

Astorath and 1 priest will go with 1 assault squad. The 2nd priest will go with the second assault squad. The chaplain is with the DC in the Land raider.

I've used a LRC before but I've never tried the LR Redeemer. I could take the power fist out of the DC squad, change it to a 2nd power weapon, and get the LRC.

I'm not sure about the Predators. They seem to be expensive, but if I want them anti-tank I better go all out, yes? I've also been told to take things in pairs, and that's why I'm taking 2.

This list works out to 1850pts exactly.

Comments and suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

Last edited by grumpyolddragon; 05-14-11 at 01:33 AM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-11, 06:24 PM

I think astorath is the better HQ choice.

Preds can go autocannon, 2 lascannons for 135 pts. Don't have to go all out, that will save some points.

Death company in a land raider is a better idea although I would stick with at least 1 thunder hammer or power fist to hit hard targets. The armour 14 is quite nasty and you do have the option of deep striking the land raider (love blood angels) and flame storming a unit with the machine spirit.

Might be worth taking extra armour on the land raider. You don't want it to get slowed down if possible. The prioroity is to unload the maniacs within right in to the heart of the enemy.

Still needs tweaking, but looking like a much stronger list.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-11, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Trying again...how's this?

HQ

Astorath 220 pts

Elites

2 Sanguinary Priests w/ power weapons, jump packs 180 pts

1 Chaplain 100pts

Troops

1 10 man DC squad w/ thunder hammer and power weapon 245 pts

Land Raider Redeemer w/ multi-melta and extra armor 265 pts

Heavy Support

2 Predators w/ auto cannon and lascannon side sponsors 270 pts

1 Predator w/ auto cannon and heavy bolter side sponsors 100pts

I added extra armor to the land raider, switched the twin linked lascannons on the predators for auto cannons, and added a third predator with auto cannon and heavy bolter side sponsors.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-11, 01:04 PM

Looking good. I think a third pred in this list might be overkill. Last suggestion would be use those 100 points for another scoring unit or something fast like 2 attack bikes with multi meltas or something.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-11, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Looking good. I think a third pred in this list might be overkill. Last suggestion would be use those 100 points for another scoring unit or something fast like 2 attack bikes with multi meltas or something.
Can you take just 2 attack bikes? I thought you could only add 1 to an existing squad of bikes.

I could take 2 speeders with heavy bolters for 100pts, or I could take a Typhoon Speeder w/ multi melta for 100pts to deep strike near a tank, or I could take a squad of scouts with sniper rifles, a ML, and ammo cloaks for 100pts to sit on an objective.

Thoughts?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-11, 03:29 PM

You can field 1-3 attack bikes as a single fast attack choice.

I would go with attack bikes or scouts for those points.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-11, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
You can field 1-3 attack bikes as a single fast attack choice.

I would go with attack bikes or scouts for those points.
lol. Okay...thanks...I see it now...don't know why I didn't see it before. Thanks. I appreciate the help. +rep

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode