1500 pt BA - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-11, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

B0WandA4R0N's Flag is: USA

Default 1500 pt BA

i just recently finished my tau and looking to play BA now. i was looking at two 1500pt sample armies on GW and i liked both. i played a match with the first list proxying most units against a wraithguard wraithlord themed army and it did pretty well. since im just starting BA any pointers to what i can do to make this a better list? what i did was play real aggressive with everyone and keeping the two squads back a bit rapid firing ( sitting on objective if it wasnt annihlation)

HQ
Epistolary Talion
Epistolary Librarian with plasma pistol, force weapon, psychic hood and The Wings of Sanguinius and Unleash Rage psychic powers.
165 points

Troops
Tactical Squad Gaius
10 Space Marines with flamer and missile launcher mounted in a Rhino transport.
220 points

Tactical Squad Antis
220 points

Assault Squad Agitor
10 Space Marines with jump packs, plasma pistol, hand flamer and Sergeant with power fist and combat shield.
245 points

The Death Company
10 Death Company with bolters, power weapon and thunder hammer mounted in a Rhino transport.
295 points

Elites
Brother Draicus
Furioso Librarian Dreadnought with force weapon, psychic hood and the Blood Lance and Might of Heroes psychic powers mounted in a Drop Pod.
210 points

Fast Attack
Baal's Fury
Baal Predator with flamestorm cannon and heavy bolter side sponsons.
145 points
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-11, 10:06 AM

Hammer49's Flag is: United Kingdom

I would consider changing the flamers for meltaguns on your tactical squad. I would also loose the plasma pistol on the assault squad, and maybe change it to a meltagun to help out with armour.

On the HQ i would consider removing the plasma pistol as you dont really want him causing wounds on himself due to the plasma pistol overheating, and just have a bolt pistol instead.

The assault squad is quite large and I would consider reducing the number in the unit to 6-8, and with the remaining points get another unit of assault marines. I would consider removing the necesscary number of death company models to achieve this.

Hope that helps.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-11, 12:14 PM

Dallas_Drake's Flag is: Yugoslavia

Hey B0WandA4R0N,

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0WandA4R0N View Post
HQ
Epistolary Talion
Epistolary Librarian with plasma pistol, force weapon, psychic hood and The Wings of Sanguinius and Unleash Rage psychic powers.
165 points
Why not drop the Epistolary to a Librarian & give him a Jump Pack? It's guranteed to work & won't cause issues when you come up against Eldar/Nids etc. Drop the Plasma Pistol, it's madness on a 2 wound model, give him an Infernus if you want. You can easily cut 40 points here. Also worth considering is dropping the Librarian all together & going for a Reclusiarch to lead the DC, it will give that unit a very sweet force multiplier, your call though.

Quote:
Troops
Tactical Squad Gaius
220 points
Fine.

Quote:
Tactical Squad Antis
220 points
Fine.

Quote:
Assault Squad Agitor
10 Space Marines with jump packs, plasma pistol, hand flamer and Sergeant with power fist and combat shield.
245 points
Drop the Plasma Pistol & Hand Flamer, get 2 melta guns in this unit. Just a Power Fist or Thunder Hammer will do on the Sergeant.

Quote:
The Death Company
10 Death Company with bolters, power weapon and thunder hammer mounted in a Rhino transport.
295 points
Fine.

Quote:
Elites
Brother Draicus
Furioso Librarian Dreadnought with force weapon, psychic hood and the Blood Lance and Might of Heroes psychic powers mounted in a Drop Pod.
210 points
Not liking this option, he'll be drop podding in & likely get taken out on turn one by melta. Drop Pod Dreads simply do not work unless the list is built around them. This is 210 points that would be better spent elsewhere. If you insist on a Drop Pod Dread then I'd go for a DC Dread since you've got the DC already, a DC Dread with Blood Fists in a Pod is a nice cheap distraction & with None Can Stay My Wrath he'll last longer - makes up for not having Extra Armour.

Quote:
Fast Attack
Baal's Fury
Baal Predator with flamestorm cannon and heavy bolter side sponsons.
145 points
You can probably drop the side sponson Heavy Bolters, not needed. With a Flamestorm you should be Scouting up or Outflanking fast, so you'll likely not get to shoot the H.Bolters, that's 30 points right there.

Dropping the Libby Dread & the bits of wargear you don't need gives you 280 points, I strongly suggest you add some dedicated anti tank in there, something with melta, multi-melta, lascannons or missile launchers. I'd say either MM Attack Bikes or Missile Launcher Devs would be good additions. I'd also try to get a Sanguinary Priest for the Jump Pack squad, FNP & FC is useful.

Good luck!
Dallas

Last edited by Dallas_Drake; 03-13-11 at 12:19 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-11, 03:14 PM
Titustc's Flag is: USA

For the Troops in the Rhino, I would run other Assualt Squad. You remove the jump packs and get a 35 point discount, which can be used to beef them up or for other things.

The Sanguinius: because you wished your primarch rocked this hard

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode