2500 pt Crimson fist mech horde - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

2500 pt Crimson fist mech horde

Well I'm new to the site but havnt played in two years. This is the first list I made in a long time, well here we go

HQ: 175 pts

Pedro Kantor

Elites: 800 pts

Sternguard Vets x 9
Rhino / EA

Sternguard Vets x 10
Rhino / EA

Sternguard Vets x 10
Rhino / EA

Troops: 875 pts

Tactical Squad x 10
flamer / MM
Rhino / EA

Tactical Squad x 10
flamer / MM
Rhino / EA

Tactical Squad x10
MG / HB
Rhino / EA

Tactical Squad x 10
MG / HB
Rhino

Fast Attack: 150 pts

Attack bikes x3
3 MM

Heavy support: 590 pts

Vindicator
EA

Vindicator
EA

Land Raider Crusader
MM
with Chronus

Grand total: 2490 pts

well i made this army mainly to fight orks, nids....etc

ANY an ALL advice, tips you may have for this list would be greatful thanks.

Last edited by TAU4297; 02-23-11 at 07:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 05:28 PM

Hi i'm james I used to collect ultra marines but i get guard instead now. If you are wanting to build an army for fighting orks i'd get a land raider crusader for shooting em and a couple of dreadnoughts for fighting close combat. Maybe an assault sqaud of ten men aswell but otherwise you have a real good army list there
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 05:38 PM

Hammer49's Flag is: United Kingdom

Seems a pretty solid list. If you intend mainly to fight horde armies maybe consider changing some of the heavy weapons to ML as this will enable you to handle hordes and armoured units.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 06:46 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Just a thought, for the price of 1 devastator squad, you can buy 2 Vindicators, which are usually more effective at dealing with hoards. That 5", S 10, AP 1, blast marker sorts most things out.

My suggestion would be to drop two of the devastator squads, replace them with 2 vindicators/1 vindicator and 1 LR crusader, then spend some of the remaining points on changing all the other squads Rhino's for Razorbacks with extra armour (only 5 pts more, but you get a twin-linked HB!).

After that, follow some other suggestions. Possibly a 3 man attack bike squad, each with MM, to zip around and deal with vehicles. But that's up to you!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 07:38 PM

Marshal Ragnar's Flag is: USA

Typhoon speeders would works awsome against hordes. 2 str4 blast templates and a HB shooting WHILE moving 12inches is awsome. And def lose the devies. Vindis and preds are cheaper and they are harder to kill.

Check out my Angels of Retribution fluff!! All c&c is welcome
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

well i droped three devs for the two vindi's and the crusader plus the attack bikes i must say are a nice distraction unit

And i forgot to include this but i had idea say for objective games would it be a good idea to switch out two of the sternguard's an one of the tactical squads rhinos with drop pods an drop pod assault with the two strenguards?

Last edited by TAU4297; 02-23-11 at 08:55 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-11, 01:21 AM

Lord Pestilice's Flag is: USA

First, I recommend dropping a Tac Squad and start handing out Combi weapons to your SG. Second, I advise switching your Tac Squad Rhinos to Razorbacks. This will give you more long ranged anti armor capability if you throw Twin LInked Las Cannons or Las/Plas on them. Next, who is going in the LRC? I would recommend putting some of the SG in there since they can assault out of it. And maybe throw Kantor in with that group. I also heartily agree that Landspeeders with Typhoon Launchers can work wonders against horde armies. Hell, even firing 2 krak missles per turn will attrit your enemy quite fast. Also think about giving your SG Sergeants some special CC weapons. A power weapon here, a powerfist there, it can help clear/hold objectives or just help with units with armor that bolt rounds cannot get past. Plus, if the SG get locked in combat against a decent armored foe, this will help whittle them down faster.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode