Wolves 2000 points for Tournament. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-16-11, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Wolves 2000 points for Tournament.

I made this list for a tournament I'll be playing in soon. I'll first list the missions (which look really nice!) since they are relevant.

Mission #1
  • 5 Objectives. Evenly placed in the middle of table and middle of each table quarter
  • Choose 5 units from opponent's army pregame as Key Elements (Kill Points)
  • Spearhead deployment
  • 10 battlepoints for more objectives controlled than opponent
  • 6 battlepoints for killing more Key Elements than opponent
  • 4 battlepoints for controlling more table quarters than opponent (different than controlling/contesting objectives. You control a quarter by having more units in that quarter than opponent, at least one must be a scoring unit)

Mission #2
  • Single objective in center of table
  • Pitched Battle deployment
  • Night Fight rule on Turn 1
  • Pregame pick 1 model in your army to be the Intel Officer. Write it down and keep it secret until post-game.
  • 10 battlepoints for controlling the objective
  • 6 battlepoints if your Intel Officer is alive and opponent's is dead, 2 bonus battlepoints for Intel Officer being within 6" of the Objective at the end of the game (both players can get the bonus)
  • 4 battlepoints for more Kill Points than opponent

Mission #3
  • Spearhead deployment
  • Night Fight rule on turns 6, and 7 (all missions are random game length just like regular missions in rulebook)
  • Pregame choose one table quarter aside from your deployment zone to be a Key Area (written down and not revealed until post-game)
  • 10 battlepoints for controlling more table quarters than opponent
  • 6 battlepoints if you control your Key Area and opponent does not control his
  • 4 battlepoints for having at least one unit in your opponent's deployment area (both players can get this)

I'm interested in hearing people's thoughts on the missions, and who I should take as an Intel Officer. I think I've taken a force that will work well since there are a lot of mobile scoring troops to zoom to objectives and quarters along with the Speeders if they survive. I'm a bit limited by the models I have available, but have some options for changes. On to the list;

Rune Priest - Chooser, living lightning, storm caller
Rune Priest - living lightning, tempest's wrath
8 Wolf Guard - combimelta x3, combi/powerfist, TDA/cyclone/chainfist
Lone Wolf - TDA, Thunderhammer, Storm Shield
5 Wolf Scouts - melta
5 Grey Hunters - flamer, pLASmaback
5 Grey Hunters - flamer, pLASmaback
5 Grey Hunters - melta, pLASmaback
5 Grey Hunters - melta, rhino
8 Grey Hunters - melta, wolf standard, rhino with dozer
Landspeeder - typhoon
Landspeeder - MM, HF
Landspeeder - MM, HF
6 Longfangs - missile x5
6 Longfangs - missile x5
Predator - lascannon sponsons

total: 1999

I thought about making the Lone Wolf or Cyclone be the Intel Officer, or just a GH who will be sneaky and sit in the rear and not bother with the bonus points to try to stay alive. I could shift things around and take another terminator with a Storm Shield to hang out with the Cyclone and take wounds, but I don't have a second Cyclone launcher.
I also don't have enough missile launchers for a third Longfang squad. I can free up some points by dropping the Pred down to heavy bolter sponsons.

Other models available that I considered:

2 lascannon, 2 multimelta, 2 heavy bolter, 1 extra missile launcher for another Long Fang
Terminators with hammer/shield, shield and unglued right arm, assault cannon/chainfist,
2 dreds with autocannons and 1 with MM/DCCW/HF
1 tank that can be either a Rhino or assault cannon Razback

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode