2000 pt BA Mechanized List. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-11, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

2000 pt BA Mechanized List.

Hello all.
I have been in Heresy Online for quite some time now, yet don't think I've ever posted. However, dire circumstances have arose; namely speaking, a friend has challenged my Blood Angels to a match, which is just the excuse I've been looking for to make a mechanized list.

The agreed points value will be 2 000 points, using the pocket 40k rulebook scenarios Seize Ground, Capture and Control, and Annihilation.

I normally play Tyranids, yet have been saving some cash for quite some time now, and like the look and feel of a Blood Angels mechanized army. Too long have my Nids been having trouble facing an army of steel; time to repay the favour

While it may not be perfect, my list is as follows:

HQ
Reclusiarch - 130
Librarian w/ Shield of Sanguinius and Unleash Rage - 100

Elites
Terminator Assault Squad w/ 1 Thunder Hammer - 205
^ Land Raider Crusader w/ Extra Armour ^ - 265

Troops
Assault Squad w/ meltagun, sgt w/ Lightning Claw - 125
^ Rhino ^ *DISCOUNT* -15
^ Rhino ^ *DISCOUNT* -15
^ Rhino ^ *DISCOUNT* -15
^ Rhino ^ *DISCOUNT* -15
^ Rhino ^ *DISCOUNT* -15

Fast Attack
Baal Predator w/ Flamestorm Cannon, Heavy Flamers and Extra Armour - 155

Heavy Support
Predator w/ Lascannon side-sponsons - 135

Total Points = 1960.
This leaves me with another 40 points, which can be quite a bit. for 25 points, I can change every rhino into a razorback. By wiping off 10 points somewhere, I can add a sanguinary priest, and for another 10 points, a land speeder w/ multi-melta.

My idea is to have the Reclusiarch sit in the crusader with the assault terminators, making them all fearless, an re-rolling to hit on the charge. Yikes. My librarian was going to either sit with the assault terminators as well (exchanging Unleash Rage for The Sanguine Sword), or sitting with an Assault Squad to give the majority of my army a 5+ cover save.

My Crusader's main job is to speed forward 18" first turn, pop smoke, then 12", disembark the terminators, who run, then 6" charge.

Predators take out any anti-tank targets right off the bat, and then start going for softer targets later game, maybe getting off side armour shots due to Fast.

Baal Predator starts VERY offensive, sort of a suicide mission, taking out as many elite infantry it can.

Finally, My Rhinos get to strategic positions ASAP and sit there, spitting melta and the odd bolter shot as they go.

Sorry for the excruciatingly long post, any tips that you can provide, or just any feedback really, would be greatly appreciated =)

Posting this has actually gotten me even more pumped about getting this! =D

<Insert witty signature here>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-11, 09:20 AM

That mostly looks like a pretty nice list, the exception being the Chaplain. Those Terminators probably won't really need much help beating things up and a Sanguinary Priest would give them (and any other squad within 6") a bigger boost for fewer points anyway. More hammer/shields might not be bad either.

A few other things;

Take a Multimelta for your Landraider, it could come in handy cracking open a transport so your Terminators can assault its riders, or just blow something up.

Quote:
disembark the terminators, who run, then 6" charge
Terminators don't have the Fleet rule.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-11, 04:31 PM

beakerpsych's Flag is: Canada

I like the list but the cost of your assault squads in rhinos is wrong. Each should cost 150. (that is 185 with the 35 pt discount.)

All war is based on deception.
(Sun Tzu)

Res/authors/s/sun_tzu.html#ixzz17CtdF2

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-11, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
That mostly looks like a pretty nice list, the exception being the Chaplain. Those Terminators probably won't really need much help beating things up and a Sanguinary Priest would give them (and any other squad within 6") a bigger boost for fewer points anyway.
That actually seems right, the chaplain would have been overkill. I originally had a sanguinary priest (is terminator armour worth it?) in the list with them, but i took him out to make room for the Baal Predator.

Quote:
Terminators don't have the Fleet rule.
Heat of the moment... that and wondering how far they would go by turn 2. 18+12+2+6 by turn two is quite respectable =)

Quote:
Take a Multimelta for your Landraider, it could come in handy cracking open a transport so your Terminators can assault its riders, or just blow something up.
Actually yea, just looking at that now; 10 pts for a multi-melta? please!

Quote:
I like the list but the cost of your assault squads in rhinos is wrong. Each should cost 150. (that is 185 with the 35 pt discount.
)
Assault Squad (100) + Lightning Claw (15) + Meltagun (10) + Rhino (50) - Discount (35)
100+15+10+50-35=140?
Unless I'm missing something =(

thanks for replying guys =)

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-11, 05:18 PM

beakerpsych's Flag is: Canada

Pardon me and never mind. My mistake, as I thought they started at 100 not 90 and I thought you were listing the cost at 125. (not 140)

(Sun Tzu)

Res/authors/s/sun_tzu.html#ixzz17CtdF2
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-11, 06:16 PM

Looking at the list a little more I wondered about the Baal Pred. If your opponent has a mechanized force those big flamers might not have a target when it scouts or outflanks. Assault cannons would be a bit better for opening transports while still being strong against infantry and could also give longer range if you want to stay with the rest of your force moving all the Predators in front of Rhinos to protect them with a wall of AV13.
However, if you want some sacrificial units Landspeeders might be a better choice. You could take two armed with Multimelta and a Heavy Flamer for fewer points than the Baal and they would be armed to attack infantry or armor and could hit separate targets if you wanted to.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-11, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

So, with the above changes:

HQ - 100
Librarian w/ Shield of Sanguinius, Unleash Rage - 100

Elites - 535
Terminator Assault Squad w/ 2 Thunder Hammers - 210
^ Land Raider Crusader w/ Extra Armour, Multi-melta ^ - 275
Sanguinary Priest - 50

Troops - 700
Assault Squad w/ meltagun and lightning claw - 125
^ Rhino ^ *DISCOUNT* - 15

Fast Attack 260
Baal Predator w/ heavy flamers - 140
Land Speeder Squadron (Unit Size 2) w/ multi-melta - 120

Heavy Support 405
Predator w/ lascannons - 135

Grand Total = 2,000 pt

I had quite a few extra points thanks to ditching the Chaplain, and took extra armour off of the Ball Predator, allowing me to also fit in 2 Land Speeders, both with multi-meltas! It looks like I definitely have enough anti-tank now, with each Rhino using its fire point meltagun, 2 thunder hammers with my Terminators, 3 predators, assault cannon for AV 10-11, and 2 land speeders.
For anti-infantry, I have my Baal Predator (if it isn't ripping into any low AV vehicles), five 5-man assault squads, and my terminators (although I plan at throwing them at any scary enemy units).

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-11, 09:55 PM

Deathscythe4722's Flag is: USA

I would recommend Powerfists on your Sargents over LCs. As of now your assault squads have no reliable way to deal with hard targets in CC, so if you get stuck in with a Dreadnought or large Monstrous Creature they will get torn to shreds without being able to strike back.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-11, 03:25 PM

i think you should change out one or 2 of you preds and put your assault squad in a razorback. if you up grade the razorback to have twin-linked lascannons and assault cannons. this means you razorkback can pop a transport vehiecal and your guys can jump out and charge in doing this you get more lascannons for your buck. also terminator land raiders ARE A HUGE POINT SINK. that in 400 points in one squad, sure it can withstand almost anything but a few A.P. 1 and 2 (even with the termies invulv save) There going to get shot and killed. mainly after you assault and kill a squad.you should replace them for dreadnoughts because dreadnoughts are amazing in close combat, hard to crack and cost less. besides that good list.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 07:59 PM

Dallas_Drake's Flag is: Yugoslavia

I'd get a HK missile onto as many Rhino chassis as I could, could prove an interesting first turn strike.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode