2000 Black Templar - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

Nyustukyi's Flag is: USA

Default 2000 Black Templar

[140] Emperor's Champion-AACNMTO

[150] Master of Sanctity-AA/PP/MB

[599] 7 Assault Terminators-Lightning Claws/ Thunder Hammers and Storm Shield/Furious Charge
* Land Raider Crusader- Smoke Launchers/ Dozer Blade

[265] Terminators
[5]-Assault Cannon/Cyclone Missle Launcher/Tank Hunters/Chainfist

[135] Assault Squad
[5]-MB/PF

[206] Crusader Squad
[6] Initates-ML/MG
*Razorback-TLC

[206] Crusader Squad
[6] Initates-ML/MG
*Razorback-TLC

[65] Land Speeder
[1]-MM

[65] Land Speeder
[1]-MM

[165] Venerable Dreadnaught
[1]-Tank Hunter
*Drop Pod

1996/2000

Last edited by Nyustukyi; 01-24-11 at 04:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Anyone have a comment? I know this isn't that good of list?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 01:15 PM

I would consider dropping the missile launchers for power fists. If you were to get assaulted by a walker or monstrous creature at least you have a chance to kill it. You'll be losing a long range shot but the lascannons make up for it. Being twin linked you'll hit more often than the krak missile anyway.

Also, only having one weapon on your land speeders is risky because then they can only really serve one purpose. Maybe you can give them missile launchers instead so they get off more shots, and it's only 5 more points, or add the flame thrower for some troop killing fun.

I like the idea of the deep striking dread with TH. He's going to wreck shit. What weapon is he using? The standard ass cannon or are you giving him a MM or lascannon? I guess that would be interesting to have the assault cannon. Against a tank, that's basically 4 auto cannon shots that cause rending. Nasty.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 08:46 PM

HighMarshalIain's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyustukyi View Post
[140] Emperor's Champion-AACNMTO

This is the best option hands down.

[150] Master of Sanctity-AA/PP/MB

This is a waste of points, he gives one squad Ld 10, and with AAC you don't need the Litanies of Hate as we re-roll already. I would go for a Marshal with army wide Ld 10 and a pair of L.C.

[599] 7 Assault Terminators-Lightning Claws/ Thunder Hammers and Storm Shield/Furious Charge
* Land Raider Crusader- Smoke Launchers/ Dozer Blade

Good choice, the dozer blade might be a little useless, if your going off roading with you LR your doing something wrong, grab a different uprgade like a storm bolter, gives you another weapon to loose other than the MM

[265] Terminators
[5]-Assault Cannon/Cyclone Missle Launcher/Tank Hunters/Chainfist

I have a tendancy to like one or the other either 2 CML or 2 AC in these squads, I know that one and one gives them more playable options but in the long run it's like putting a Lascannon and a Melta in a CS, useless because they arn't specialized

[135] Assault Squad
[5]-MB/PF

Waste of points since they don't get the Rightous Zeal moves, points can be used better elsewhere like maybe a larger CS

[206] Crusader Squad
[6] Initates-ML/MG
*Razorback-TLC

AH a Lasback CS, this is good but your limiting yourself because if you loose one Initiate you can really handicap yourself, either run more Initiates in a Rhino or add more squads

[206] Crusader Squad
[6] Initates-ML/MG
*Razorback-TLC

So I count 12 Initiates on the board not good numbers for a hoarde army like Templars. We excell in CC if you don't play to our strengths you might as well be playing UltraSquishyDeadified Smurfs.

[65] Land Speeder
[1]-MM

[65] Land Speeder
[1]-MM

Both poor choices only because a 1 weapon speeder is going to be usless after a roll of a 3 on the Tank Table, put another weapon missles perhaps and you'll be good

[165] Venerable Dreadnaught
[1]-Tank Hunter
*Drop Pod

Awesome, this is my favorite by far after the EC, a suprise in your face tank busting dread. I hope he as a Las Cannon on him, if he's stock with the AC and DCCW you are in trouble. A boosted las will hurt a Rhino on a 1!
1996/2000

All in all you have some good ideas, but we Templars are a horde army, we excell in CC and thrive when we have that chance, it is also a huge morale breaker of your opponent when you need 2 bricks of dice to roll attacks on your first turn in combat.

~HighMarshalIain

Records 2011:

Black Templars 10-2-1
Daemon Hunters 0-0-0
Chaos 3-2-0
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 09:17 PM

Good choice, the dozer blade might be a little useless, if your going off roading with you LR your doing something wrong, grab a different uprgade like a storm bolter, gives you another weapon to loose other than the MM

Your opponent chooses which weapon to destroy, not you. Plus, the thing already has 4 weapons on it: two hurricane bolters, mm, and ass cannon. You really don't need to be adding more. By the time all those are taken out to make a difference on the vehicle damage table the game will either be over or your opponent would have rolled something better than a three.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-11, 04:23 PM

HighMarshalIain's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspadres View Post

Your opponent chooses which weapon to destroy, not you. Plus, the thing already has 4 weapons on it: two hurricane bolters, mm, and ass cannon. You really don't need to be adding more. By the time all those are taken out to make a difference on the vehicle damage table the game will either be over or your opponent would have rolled something better than a three.
The problem is that the dozer blade isn't technically considered a weapon. Having 4 weapons is great but your opponent is always going to destroy the MM first, if you think differently then you are silly. What is the most devistating weapon that that vehicle has, it's the MM. Grab more weapons and you still have a chance to do damage. Hurricane bolters really can only take out enemies in front of you together, if they are on the side great 3 shots that are twin linked.

And as I said, grab a different upgrade because if your going off roading with you LR your doing something wrong. I know that my enemy chooses what goes not me, the more you have the more you can do and a dozer blade is useless on a LR unless your in a jungle table.

~HighMarshalIain

Records 2011:

Black Templars 10-2-1
Daemon Hunters 0-0-0
Chaos 3-2-0
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-11, 04:43 PM
Ask me about Pins

CLT40k's Flag is: USA

Basic problem with your list from a competative standpoint is that you just don't have enough shots going down range.

The entire thing hinges around the LR being able to get into position and you don't have anything equally threatening to spread the threat in your opponent's target priority.

I think you would need to drop a unit of Termies, scale the beater unit back by a few models, and then take a couple of POTMS Vindicators... That way, your opponent needs to deal with 3 real threats. Without it, he'll get to concentrate fire on the LR and drop it turn one.

-------------------------------------

Project Log - Click Here

My 40K Blog: For the Throne
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 01:13 AM

I take dozerblades because, why not? Why wouldn't you go through terrain with that thing? You could end up taking a turn or two longer getting where you want to go by taking a path that leads around terrain. I suppose you could skip buying it and just go through terrain anyway, banking on the idea that you won't roll a 1 those few times, but it has and does happen. For a mere 5 points it's almost a waste NOT to get it. Besides, you're already spending a ton of points on the vehicle and the dudes inside it, why help your opponent render it useless by throwing in the chance for it to be immobilized?

Maybe you play differently than I but dozerblades function the same through any terrain: buildings, trees, whatever. We always play it at my LGS that vehicles, troops, anything, can go straight through any terrain as long as it makes the proper rolls.

I still don't see a point in taking a storm bolter though. I'm not trying to start a fight here but if you're worried about compounding weapon destroyed results eventually defaulting to an immobilized chances are your opponent is going to roll something better anyway (or different) and not even make a different how many guns are still on it. I still see the 5 pts you'd put in for a storm bolter has much less value in the long run than dozer blades.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all for the suggestions I am currently drawing up another list and I am thinking on a lot of things. The Shooty Terminator squad is a Deep Striking force, but most probably knew that. The face that they would deep strike and begin to shoot up vehicles and such is always fun.

The assault squad is more of a problem getter. Basically re-rolling MBs to crack armor and giving them a power fist to try and wound if not kill enemy big units like Daemon Princes etc. Basically the squad is there to die but get in to the fight on turn two and hit the enemy armor. They destroy a Leman Russ and/or something else then anything else is a bonus.

Also, on the point of the Dreaadnought. I understand the face that a Lascannon is great and destroys stuff like nobody's business. The thing is I am more shots type of guy. The Assault Cannon blasting 4 shots all I need is six, which provided on a Lascannon all I would need is 4(with tank hunter). I will think about it highly. Seems great but so does Assault cannon cause if you do get that 6 it will be an auto glance. I will think on this a lot more.

Last edited by Nyustukyi; 01-27-11 at 12:49 PM. Reason: stff
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 01:26 PM

The assault cannon + tank hunter = 4 str 7 shots that have rending. That seems pretty badass to me. It's like a turbo charged auto cannon.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode