1850 BT List Semi-competitive/mobility list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

1850 BT List Semi-competitive/mobility list

HQ:

Marshal
-lightning claws
-terminator armor

Champion
-Accept All Challenges

Elite:

Assault Terminators (6)
-Furious Charge
-3 LC
-3 TH/SS

Troops:

Crusaders (6) and Neo's (4)
-p.fist, meltagun
-Rhino w/ smoke, EA, dozerblades

Crusaders (6) and Neo's (4)
-p.fist, meltagun
-Rhino w/ smoke, EA, dozerblades

Crusaders (7) and Neo's (3)
-p.fist, meltagun
-Rhino w/smoke, EA, dozerblades

Fast:

Land Speeder
-MM, HF

Land Speeder
-MM, HF

Heavy:

Vindicator (2)
-Machine Spirit, dozerblades, smoke, EA

Predator
-auto, heavy bolters
-Machine Spirit, dozerblades, smoke, EA

The two HQ's will be hoofin' it with the terminators. I'd most likely keep them in reserve with possibly one of the vindicators for a late game surprise. That would depend on what I'm playing against.

I'm debating swapping the land speeders for typhoons. More shots, though weaker, at longer range will at least keep them alive a bit longer. Plus, I can lob krak grenades at marines for some insta-kill fun. Or, perhaps I'll just add one of them for a third fast attack slot and drop the predator and also add another terminator.

Any and all comments are appreciated. All I ask is that no one recommends razorbacks for me. In the BT codex they are way too expensive to even be considered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 01:01 AM

OrdoMalleus's Flag is: United Kingdom

I wasnt going to mention Razorback, as I know theyre not good for BT, but I would recomend a LR crusader for your termies.

Also, Yes if you can find the points I would swap the MM/HF speeders for Typhoons with HB as they are alot more versatile. Theres not very much distance anti-tank in your army, so maybe upgrading you Preds sponsons to Lascannons or something to crakc stuff open before you get into combat?

Just my 2P.......

BTW...Dual Vindicators rule!

Last edited by OrdoMalleus; 01-24-11 at 01:05 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdoMalleus View Post
I wasnt going to mention Razorback, as I know theyre not good for BT, but I would recomend a LR

I didn't mean to sound like a douche or anything, I apologize if I came off that way. It's happened in the past so I just wanted to try to keep people from wasting their time.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 03:53 AM

Nyustukyi's Flag is: USA

While I understand the cheap ten man squads. Why not just use regular Power Armor? Other than that great looking list.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyustukyi View Post
While I understand the cheap ten man squads. Why not just use regular Power Armor? Other than that great looking list.

I basically did that just to save points without losing attacks. Those squads are all close-combat equipped so I don't lose out on any attacks. It allows me to fire the meltagun at a vehicle then attempt to assault it if I don't do anything. But really I just wanted to save points to make other things really good.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 04:11 PM

Nyustukyi's Flag is: USA

I just sawthis but, are your Assault Terminators foot slogging? The only reason I asked is because they will get shot to bits before you can do anything. Deep Striking them is not really something I would do since they get shot for a turn. Crusader seals added I still wouldn't. Now if it was a normal shooty squad use them. You can give them two Assault Cannons or Two Missle Launchers or a mized flavor.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Yeah the terminators would be on foot but I don't think they would have trouble getting anywhere. I definitely wouldn't teleport them, just let them come in from my table edge. Three guys in there have storm shields so that 3 invulnerable save will save a lot of them. Also, the only thing that can effectively kill them would be single shot weapons. My opponent would have to make a choice between wasting Terminators or shooting at other threats on the table, like my vindicators, predator, or the two land speeders.

I tried to get a LRC in the list but I don't know if I feel comfortable sacrificing a troop choice and the pred to get it in.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 06:12 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

You don't have that many units benefitting from Accept Any Challenge. Also, without a Librarian, I find that Abhor the Witch is the best (and cheapest power).

However, consequently the Master should become a Terminator Armour, Crozius, Storm Shield and Thunder Hammer Master of Sanctity, IMHO. Gives reroll to hits, can choose target of Righteous Zeal, etc.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-11, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
You don't have that many units benefitting from Accept Any Challenge. Also, without a Librarian, I find that Abhor the Witch is the best (and cheapest power).

However, consequently the Master should become a Terminator Armour, Crozius, Storm Shield and Thunder Hammer Master of Sanctity, IMHO. Gives reroll to hits, can choose target of Righteous Zeal, etc.
I already get the hit reroll for the champion's vow. Black Templars aren't allowed to use Librarians. While it is nice to get that squad fearless, the rest of the army is still subject to taking leadership tests nonstop. I think it's totally worth using a Marshal and getting an army wide 10ld for when the time comes to make my rolls.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode