5 Terminator Squad - 4 th/ss, 1 lc, cml, Apothecary, Standard 270
5 Terminator Squad - 4 th/ss, cml, chainfist 240
5 Terminator Squad - 3 th/ss, 1 lc, cml, chainfist 240
5 Terminator Squad - 3 th/ss, 1 lc, cml, chainfist 240

Heavy
Lrc - extra armor 265
Lr - 250

Belial and the Chap are in with the first squad of terminators in the crusader
The second terminator squad is the one that i would deepstrike first turn and one of the last 2 would go into the raider and one would deepstrike

I was also wondering if people though the libby would be better suited for the psychic defense, i didnt think he was too good though because he only has ld 9

I wasnt completly sure on weapon arrangment on the terminators so that would be easy to switch

This is a very tentative list and its just to see what people think and if they think it will work

Last edited by Draidgen; 01-23-11 at 07:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-11, 12:22 PM

Hooobit's Flag is: England

Where did you get the rules that lets terminators have lascannons?

Maybe you should try having a squad with just the stor bolters and powerfist combo, just incase you do get into a shooting match.

Everyone has a purpose, just so happens mine is more of an example to others of what NOT to do.

I know it's time to go to bed when the last post in every thread has been written by me.

Hooobit, nothing more nothing less.
XBL: Hooobit
PSN: Hooobit

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-11, 01:43 PM

equitypetey's Flag is: United Kingdom

did you not think he means lightning claws????

i'd suggest on the units deepstriking that you have some storm bolters and at the very least an assault cannon somewhere, otherwise they are doing nothing for a turn or even till you get in combat. fine to have an all out assault squad in LR's but for the DS's you want some guns

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-11, 01:48 PM

Hooobit's Flag is: England

Lightning claws does make more sense

Everyone has a purpose, just so happens mine is more of an example to others of what NOT to do.

I know it's time to go to bed when the last post in every thread has been written by me.

Hooobit, nothing more nothing less.
XBL: Hooobit
PSN: Hooobit

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-11, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Draidgen's Flag is: USA

yea they are lightning claws

i was wondering about that the reason i was thinkin the squad with 4 ss would be nice to ds early on is that they would be really survivable with the 2+ 3++ where as if i only gave them the storm bolters than they would only have a 5++ which i was thinking would be alot easier to wipe out in one turn after they ds. I was also worried about mech armies and if i gave them storm bolters and dropped them they wouldnt have anything to shoot at anyway, although if i got them behind some av 10 and kept the cml then i have a good chance of atleast doing something with the bolters and two missiles

I was also wondering if i should get rid of the land raiders entirely and go just deepstriking terminators and dreads or if i should get rid of the dread and get one more squad of terminators because then i could have 2 drop first turn
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-11, 07:44 PM

equitypetey's Flag is: United Kingdom

you are correct they will have survivability, thing is all the ideas can look good on paper and then you watch your army get tabled and you haven't done anything lol.
with deathwing you really need to play them and see how it pans out and what works for you.

i'd keep the LR's but for the simple reason that the contents will survive a bit longer and the normal LR will give you just that bit more anti-tank, not only that but you want people shooting those weapons that take out termies on your tanks, it generally should make the whole army survive a bit longer.

i still think you want some AC's in there

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode