DA at 2500? What do i need to do before heavy playtesting? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Default DA at 2500? What do i need to do before heavy playtesting?

HQ
Belial - lc
Terminator Librarian

Elite
5 x Terminators - cml, 5 x th/ss

Troops
5 x Terminators - apothecary, cml, 5 x th/ss

Fast
RAS - Bikes - 2 x melta, sgt, mm attack bike
RAS - Bikes - 2 x melta, sgt, mm attack bike
RAS - Bikes - 2 x plasma, sgt w/ plasma

Scout move the bikes to try and get 2 close to one flank and one on the opposite flank of the enemy. You get 4 squads for DWA, so drop 1 th/ss squad on each bike for cover/protection and drop belials squad on the single bike squad. Now it is a hammer and anvil, and you can drop the remaining squads conditionally.

You can also start on the board and march forward, using th/ss as cover...

Last edited by inigo montoya; 01-19-11 at 05:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 12:53 PM

Nyustukyi's Flag is: USA

I Have fought a list like this. Doy ou have teleport homers on the bikes? I assume you do. If so your scout move gets you close sicne you can go all out and go 18 inches. Then another six due to homers, leaving you with a bunch of Terminators int heir face. Now the Apoc. and the others will be your elite, since well...the new rules for the apoc give all he is with FNP. So the Storm shields giving you a 3++ on top fot hat, its really sick.

Only edit I can find is giving the bikes that if they don't got that. I would however, try and take one sqaud with Assault Cannons and make them shooty, since well you need to wait a turn, and destroying the targets with the ability to possibly inflict damage to you.

Last edited by Nyustukyi; 01-19-11 at 12:55 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 02:52 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Fine if you Alpha Strike an enemy who can't take out your bikes before you 'port in. And a mobile army that can sit at range and snipe your termies. It's nasty, but can be taken out. Should be fun to play, though! Watch out for AP:2 pattern weapons.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

I just hope to sit on 37 3++ saves - it is realistic. Sitting at range and avoiding 3 bike melta squads and 7 squads of terminators might be easier said than done. Remember, the terminators now get two bs4 s 8 shots per squad the turn they drop ( and every non-combat turn thereafter.) They can cover a LOT of board!

I debated making some terminator squads shooty, but ultimately 5 x th/ss with a cyclone launcher is as nasty as it gets - especially the fnp squad with belial and the librarian.

I hope to test it this weekend, that is why I was asking for advice on the composition.

Last edited by inigo montoya; 01-19-11 at 05:26 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 05:31 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

I find it a tricky army, but not terribly hard to defeat. Say a squad takes 15 wounds. That's 2 average dead terminators each round. That's one DE 10 man squad at close range w/poison from a raider. I think you'll lose to Rate of Fire Armies. Sheer numbers of dice will take you out. Now standard mech armies would be easy for you, I'd think. The band of your army is mobility. The bikes are all you have, and they're not difficult to take out, especially in Turn 1 when none of your Terminators are around. And a scattered reserve phase can get you killed dead. It's a strong build, but can be gamed a little.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyustukyi View Post
I Have fought a list like this. Doy ou have teleport homers on the bikes?
All three bike squads have homers.

Quote:
So the Storm shields giving you a 3++ on top fot hat, its really sick.
3++ FnP is very nice. The new faq made it real - those cyclones are the bee's knees, coupled with 3++ stormshield, potus, typhoons and the other changes, you are going to see dark angel tournament builds winning again.

Quote:
I would however, try and take one sqaud with Assault Cannons and make them shooty, since well you need to wait a turn, and destroying the targets with the ability to possibly inflict damage to you.
Every squad gets 2 BS4 S8 shots the turn they drop. I prefer the cyclone to the assault cannon, since you are trading 2 shots for a 3++, and I think 3++ is far more important with this low model count than a couple of ass cannon and few storm bolter shots.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode