Is this GW Blood Angels list any good? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-10, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
goobles's Flag is: Canada

Is this GW Blood Angels list any good?

I'm thinking of starting a Blood Angels, Knights of Blood or Flesh Tearers army and I found a list on the GW website. I would appreciate it if anyone could give me their opinion on it, make any changes they though beneficial, or come up with a whole new one.

The Angels of Death Army List:
HQ
Mephiston, Lord of Death: 250 points
Artificer armour, plasma pistol, force sword, frag and krak grenades, psychic hood.

Elites
Sanguinary Guard: 265 points
1 Sanguinary Guard with Glaive Encarmine and infernus pistol.
1 Sanguinary Guard with Glaive Encarmine, Angelus boltgun and Chapter Banner.
3 Sanguinary Guard with Glaive Encarmine and Angelus boltgun.
All have Death Masks, frag and krak grenades and jump packs.

2 Sanguinary Priests: 180 points
Jump pack, power weapon, bolt pistol, frag and krak grenades.

Chaplain: 130 points
Bolt pistol, crozius arcanum, rosarius, frag and krak grenades, melta bombs, jump pack.

Troops
Assault Squad: 235 points
1 Space Marine Sergeant with power sword and infernus pistol.
1 Space Marine with infernus pistol.
8 Space Marines with chainswords and bolt pistols.
All have jump packs and frag and krak grenades.

Assault Squad: 240 points
1 Space Marine Sergeant with power sword, infernus pistol and melta bombs.
1 Space Marine with infernus pistol.

Death Company: 200 points
1 Death Company with power fist and bolt pistol.
4 Death Company with chainsword and bolt pistol.

Total: 1500 points
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-10, 08:07 AM

stooge92's Flag is: Australia

GW website lists are usually generic, and not strictly strategic. For one, i would not use Meppy in a 1500pt game, prob 2k is more to my personal liking. Drop the infernus pistols in all squads (maybe keep in sang. guard) and swap for meltaguns, the sargeants need power fists instead of power weapons.
you shouldnt give sang priests power weapons, in my opinion, because they get singled out and killed as an independant character in cc. Instead, keep the power weapon (fist) in the ass. squad, so the sgt. bascially has 10 wounds.
death company should travel in rhinos, or in drop pods, it is difficult for a beginnner to strategise with their rage rule- they could rage into a land raider and be completely ueless
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-10, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
goobles's Flag is: Canada

Thanks for the pointers! I don't have my codex with me so I can't work out the exact points, but is this what you were talking about?
The Angels of Death Army List (Edited):

Elites
Sanguinary Guard: 265 points
1 Sanguinary Guard with Glaive Encarmine and meltagun.
1 Sanguinary Guard with Glaive Encarmine, Angelus boltgun and Chapter Banner.
3 Sanguinary Guard with Glaive Encarmine and Angelus boltgun.
All have Death Masks, frag and krak grenades and jump packs.

2 Sanguinary Priests: 180 points
Jump pack, power fist, bolt pistol, frag and krak grenades.

Chaplain: 130 points
Bolt pistol, crozius arcanum, rosarius, frag and krak grenades, melta bombs, jump pack.

Troops
Assault Squad: 235 points
1 Space Marine Sergeant with power fist and meltagun.
1 Space Marine with meltagun.

Assault Squad: 240 points
1 Space Marine Sergeant with power sword, meltagun and melta bombs.
1 Space Marine with meltagun.

Death Company: 235 points
1 Death Company with power fist and bolt pistol.
4 Death Company with chainsword and bolt pistol.
Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod

Total: 1500 points

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-10, 05:28 PM

Lord Pestilice's Flag is: USA

Flesh Tearers!!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-10, 05:30 PM

Lord Pestilice's Flag is: USA

And why give the DC a DP and JP????????? That is ALOT of points for getting them onto and around the BF without specific reliabilty.
Are your assault squads full 10 man or 9? If they are 10 you should really try to get 2 special weapons like the melta guns etc in there.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-10, 07:37 AM

HKJGN's Flag is: USA

I can definately agree that the DC are much more useful in a Rhino, driving them onto the field is much more efficient than dropping them, atleast with the Rhino you can drop them behind some cover, so then the enemy can't shoot at them first chance they get.

also if you're going to take DC, take 10, and give 2 pw's, or 1 PW and Lemartes (He's a pretty solid Chaplain, adds alot of rediculous power to the DC, and he's actually cheaper point wise considering his gear.)

5 sang guard and 2 sang priests are a good use of elite choices, my HQ choice would be a Libby with Wings of Sanguinus and Sanguine Sword, they are very balanced HQs (over 1000 i usually have 2)

assault squads are the best troop choices for BA (theyre Elites in every other SM army :D) Melta guns are good for anti MeQ or Flamers if you want to burn some Nids, depending on what you're playing i'd be prepared to switch between the two, so make sure you have the points.

Fist is awesome, i usually take PW's of some kind on the Sergeant.

currently w/o Meph, and taking off the Jump Packs and such off the DC, you have 355 points to spare, so;

replace Chap with Lemartes + 20pts
add a Libby with Wings and Sword + 100
4 more Death Company + 120pts
leaves you 115 to play with, and 35+ marines on the field. I don't remember if the DC come with a discount for Rhinos, but throw them in one and charge the enemy with it like a pack of Dynamite and watch the fun begin.

with the Sang priests, your Marines will be STUPID good, and with the Libby in there tearing up people with his force weapon, there will be plenty to fear, just attach him to a squad and run amok, Wings will assure he can follow your Jump pack marines (or they can just move as normal, if you want to save his psychic powers)

Blood Angels Librarian Project Log (Please Comment!)
My Warhammer40k Blog

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"War isn't hell, for hell would be a cool refreshing bath of joy amidst the calm, relaxing sea of ignorance. No my young friend, War is far worse than Hell, because War is Reality." - Sir Edgar Donnellan of the 501st Hestian Artillery Company
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-10, 02:34 PM

solid id say... maybe even think about trying to fit baal preditors 2 is good and there not any more then a dread with better movement and they are feard by anyone that has played BA befor and make sure u keep the TLAC its amazing even agenst terminators i would remove the death company for this i tend to find that they die too quick to earn there points back but that just me alos a furioso dred is really good with blood talens last time i used it i took a whole unit of 30 gardsmen out in a single assult fase
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-10, 03:33 PM

HKJGN's Flag is: USA

well i think the best strategy with DC is when you're expecting to use PW's against something stupid (Demon prince, Trygon, Etc), good combos i've seen are 2 PWs 2 fists or 2pw Fists and Hammer, in a 10 man squad that means that 6 x 4 = 24 attacks, but 4 x 4 is 16 attacks, all ignoring armor saves, 8 coming first, 8 after the other 24 have resolved, hurts tanks, hurts infantry, hurts pretty much anything you're staring at, with a Chap or Lemartes you get the Liturgies rule, meaning ALL those dice can be rerolled for hits AND wounds.. it's like having a TL power weapon, yeah, to me it can be useful, just how you use it.

if you're going to use em, transport em, don't use Jetpacks, dont use deep strike, you're better off using something you can control, drive it to the enemy, and then unleash them (the best i've seen was a Land Raider setup, using them like Terminators with TH and SS, yeah the Terminators might be more effective, but the 10 man squad with FNP tends to soak up wounds better than a 5-6 man terminator squad.

other than that, they make great distractions, theyre hardy (i had a 5 man squad absorb the combined fire of 3 squads, only lost 2, thats NUTS) and they can fit X powerweapons, depending on what you need, the trick is not to overload them with equipment, 2-3 PW's tops.

Blood Angels Librarian Project Log (Please Comment!)
My Warhammer40k Blog

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"War isn't hell, for hell would be a cool refreshing bath of joy amidst the calm, relaxing sea of ignorance. No my young friend, War is far worse than Hell, because War is Reality." - Sir Edgar Donnellan of the 501st Hestian Artillery Company
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-10, 05:07 PM

i thinks thats always my problem with them is i want to over load them but one time i did use them it was like 6000 pt game and i put 10 and lamrtimes and a death dred in a storm raven then i had many options its really point heavy but the both deep striking sitting and killing emediat targets with the stormraven then unleaching the dread and the dc did really couse my aponet problems

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode