Post Rynn's World Crimson Fists, 1500 pts - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-10, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

Post Rynn's World Crimson Fists, 1500 pts

Ages ago I had an idea of making a Crimson Fists army as it would look after Rynn's World, the idea being to take nothing fancy in the list and while I abandoned the idea, I wouldn't mind another go, so here's my new list:

Pedro Kantor - 175 points.

Tactical Squad, 10 Marines, Heavy Bolter & Flamer, Sergeant with Bolt Pistol & Chainsword, Rhino - 205 points.

Tactical Squad, 10 Marines, Heavy Bolter & Flamer, Sergeant with Bolt Pistol & Chainsword, Rhino - 205 points.

10 Sternguard, Heavy Flamer & Multi-Melta Sergeant with Bolter & Chainsword, Drop Pod - 300 points.

5 Scouts, Camo Cloaks, Scout Sergeant with Melta bombs - 95 points.

3 Attack Bikes, 1 with Multi-Melta - 130 points.

5 Scout Bikers, Scout Sergeant with Melta Bombs - 115 points.

Land Speeder Storm with Multi-Melta - 65 points.

My painting log - Misadventures of a Cack-Handed Painter: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=93419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gochu85
I am enjoying all of your articles. Thank you for your help. I hope I can use your tactics along with what I learn from experience to strike fear of green in to my enemies hearts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-10, 12:07 PM

Lord Pestilice's Flag is: USA

Quick answer before I go to work...
Are you trying to go with a fluffy army? If so, remember that they had few line units of battle brothers after Rynn's World was devestated by the Orks. They were left with many veterans, however. Throwing in lots of things like Stern Guard, Terminators, Scouts, Honor Guard etc would be fluffy.
Plus, for every unit that can have a "Veteran" type upgrade (i.e. Telion for scouts and Kronus for Tanks) would be fluffy too with Telion making the most sense since they are on a huge recruiting drive.
I can post a recent tournament army list I did later if you want.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-10, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, if you could post that list it would be great.

My painting log - Misadventures of a Cack-Handed Painter: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=93419
Quote:
I am enjoying all of your articles. Thank you for your help. I hope I can use your tactics along with what I learn from experience to strike fear of green in to my enemies hearts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-10, 05:07 PM

Mind you this list was done months ago prior to the new FAQ released recently. I only won 1 out of four games, sadly. One game I lost becuase the TO didnt announce a specific mission rule until late in the game and my opponent and I (in the back of the store at the rear most table) didnt hear the declaration so I made a tactical decision that ended up costing me the round. Had I known how the VP/KP rules were different, I would have won soundly since I was kicking my opponent's ass the whole game until that last part. Grr.
The other losses resulted from 1) The dice gods continuing to hate me when it comes to heavy weapons. I dont know what I did to piss them off but for the last year I consistently roll 1s and 2s to hit and pen and 2) I got my ass handed to me by a mech Eldar list that ended up winning the tourney.

The list is flexible and has 6 objecitve holding units between the SG and Troop choices.
HQ:
Kantor- 175
Rides around with 1/2 of the 1st SG unit.
Epistolary Villalobos-Avenger and Might of the Ancients- 150
Rides around with the HG. Sadly, he did do much during most of the rounds. Worse yet, the dice gods hated him too. Out of 4 consecutive rolls to shut down an Eldar Farseer (the special character) he failed to get his hood to block even once!
-Honor Guard (5)- Champ with T Hammer, Chapter Banner-225
-Razorback- LC/TLPG and Extra Armor-90
Elite-
Sternguard (10)- SGT w/ combi melta and PW, Heavy Flamer, combi melta, combi flamer x2, combi plasma and plasma cannon -310
-Rhino-35
Group with the PC sits on objectives or in cover holding the enemy at bay.
Sternguard (5)- SGT w/ PF, Las Cannon x2- 180
Objective holder and long range support.
Dreadnaught Vega- Assault Cannon, Extra Armor-130
-Drop Pod-35

Troops:
Tac Squad (10)- ML and Flamer-170
-Rhino-35
Scouts (7)- SGT Ramirez (counts as Telion)- Sniper Rifles and ML, camo cloaks-179
Wish the FAQ had been out to save the points on the cloaks back then.
Heavy Support:
Vindicator- w/SGT Cardenas (counts as Chronus)-185

Fast Attack:
Land Speeder- Multi Melta, Typhoon ML-100
Surprisingly ignored most rounds! I put it behind cover frequenly and kept putting 2 krak missles into vehicles at range. One round it's weapons were destroyed so I kept it moving around the board until turn 5 where I parked it on one of his objectives to contest it.

I have learned alot since then and I can see where there is room for improvement. While I didn't win the tourney, I did win for best Army Composition since it was very fluffy.
Lots of veterans or veteran upgrades where possible. It is fun to play except when the dice turned against me time and time again.

Last edited by Lord Pestilice; 11-18-10 at 05:10 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-10, 08:30 PM
Ask me about Pins

CLT40k's Flag is: USA

I think the only real problem with the list is that it doesn't have a really good way of dealing with lots of tanks... You may consider dropping a tac squad and replacing with a couple of dakka dreads. Or since they're supposed to be sparse on troops, drop another and toss in Venerable dread or something....

-------------------------------------

Project Log - Click Here

My 40K Blog: For the Throne
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-10, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Lord Pestilice for that list.

I'll have to give this some thought (it's a long-term thing anyway as my car is currently eating my wallet), but one thing about the loads of veterans surviving thing that's always bothered me is surely they would have been in the thick of the fighting?

I suppose some of them were with Pedro when the missile nuked the monastery whereas the tactical squads were still washing the Rhinos and applying the paintjobs but still...

Anyway I'll get back to you at some point with a revised list.

Quote:
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-10, 04:18 AM

Yes, the vets were in the thick of it, plus the survivors of the Rynn's World Assault, once the war was completed, had tons of experience in fighting the xenos. (Shrug...I thought Kantor would give his army Preferred enemy: orks but I will take the +1).
I do also agree with CLT40k....you probably do need more long range anti tank weapons.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-10, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Okay, here's the rethought list based on your comments.

Pedro Kantor - 175 points.

10 Sternguard, Heavy Flamer & Multi-Melta, Sergeant with Bolter & Powersword, Drop Pod - 315 points.

10 Sternguard, 2 Plasma Cannons, Sergeant with Bolter & Chainsword, Drop Pod - 305 points.

5 Scouts, 4 Sniper Rifles & Missile Launcher - 85 points.

5 Scout Bikers, Scout Sergeant with Melta Bombs - 115 points.

Devastator squad, 8 Devastators, 4 Missile Launchers, Sergeant with Chainsword - 198 points.

Quote:

Last edited by The Sullen One; 11-19-10 at 09:00 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode