mm, meltagun, power fist
Squad of 8 bikes and an attack bike
mm, meltagun, power fist
Squad of 8 bikes and an attack bike
mm, meltagun

Terminator assault squad

Land raider redeemer
mm

OK so i have decided im not very good at making armies that are balanced, however before i go and buy a ton of bikes (any advice on how to get lots cheap would be welcome) please be nice and give advice

Last edited by Hellados; 11-14-10 at 08:41 PM. Reason: tried to conform to the regs :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-13-10, 03:16 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

on how to get lots cheap? well the raven wing box set is a good way to start, it includes a land speeder which you can just add to your SM army.

personally, id just swap out the redeemer for a crusader.

i dont think that your gonna be able to deal with armor very well, & unless you have "hit & run" (which im not sure about) your bikes getting involved in lasting CC is not good. maybe give the captain a relic blade instead of a PW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-13-10, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

sweet, if thats all thats wrong then i have the mm on the attack bikes, the grendaes and stuf, the meltaguns and the powerfists

in my experience they do ok in CC because of the extra toughness and the PW and PF

but thankyou anyway, im liking ht eidea of the relic blades

can anyone tell me if the raven wing box set comes with the normal handle bar things aswell as the dark angel ones?

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-13-10, 01:50 PM

ok, the best way to get lots of bikes is going to be ravenwing battleforce without a doubt.

as far as what is in the battleforce... there are 6 bikes, an attack bike. a landspeeder. then to boot there are 3 upgrade sprues for dark angels livery. so you don't have to look one bit dark angels unless you want to.

for your list remember that your bike squads have the ability of taking two special weapons right from the start. so try and maximize on this. you are only taking one meltagun per squad when you can take two. i would lower the numbers in your squads to get more squads aka more special/heavy weapons.

it is 235 points for a squad of 5 normal bikers, an attack bike with multimelta, as well as 2 meltaguns, and a powerfist. 4 of these squads are 940 points... (you can drop one biker from each squad to allow you to make it back under points as well.)

because your bikes are melta heavy, i would leave the LRR for the template action. however this tank and the terminators in general don't fit into your army very well.

khan is worth his points in gold if you can find room for him, as he gives his squad hit and run and furious charge.

armor wont be a problem as long as you max out your squads on melta... bikes do have a bit of getting used to inorder to beable to shoot your opponent and not have him charge you. don't expect to just put down your army and merc every army out there.

beware of devastator squads packing 4x missiles.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-13-10, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

The termies and lrr are there for the shock and awe of the land raider rolling up the table, I'll happily change them, just not sure what for, rss don't really fit, dreadnoughts but I prefer termies.......

I'm so happy this site works on my iPhone
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-13-10, 08:54 PM

Ultra111's Flag is: England

I'm surprised no-one mentioned this, but you gotta get rid of the individual stat costs.

You have put under the captain for example bike - xxpts, which is against forum rules. Just put what they have, and then the total points at the end.

So captain with bike, artificer armour and pw - 165
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-13-10, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

yeah i noticed that but not alot of point changing it now is their?

what could i put in rather then the Land Raider and the termies?
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-14-10, 02:45 AM

yes you should still change it.

instead of the LR and termi's you could upgrade to khan, and then give him a command squad on bikes... which can be tooled up to do the same thing that the terminators can but without relying on a LR for transport...

also just as a thought, you will end up having numerous land speeders from the ravenwing battleforce boxes, you might add them into the list...
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-14-10, 05:03 AM

Inquisitor Malaclypse's Flag is: Honduras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellados View Post

how about a tactical squad or two? or even a couple of drop podding Sterng Guard to give you more super fast up close anti-tank?

you can easily get that for the 460 pts. termies + LR get you.

good hunting.

Amid the Weeping and the Woe, Accursed Daemon Thou Remain And Rot; I Know Thee Filthy as Thou Art I Know...
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-14-10, 12:09 PM

Ultra111's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellados View Post

How do you figure that out? It's forum regulations mate, so yeah there is plenty of point changing it now.

As for the list, tactical squads work well for holding objectives. You can have one or two tactical squads with a razorback preferably for specifically holding objectives, whilst the bikes can be used as tank-hunters, infantry killers, CC counters or holding objectives themselves.

Personally I don't think the terminators or LR works in this list. I would drop them all for some vindicators and/or predators, and some sternguard.

Something like...

Captain with artificer armour and relic blade, on bike - 180

5 bikers with 2 meltaguns, one multi-melta attack bike - 210
10-man tactical squad with flamer and ML, in razorback with TW AC - 245

5-man sternguard squad with 3 combi-meltas, in razorback with lascannon and twin-linked plasma gun - 215

Vindicator - 115
Vindicator - 115

total points - 1500

You got 18 bikes running around, all relentless, with 9 very-mobile meltas to boot.
The tactical squad can combat squad and hold objectives.
The sternguard is very effective at range and good in CC, the razorback only doubling their effectiveness with additional firepower and manoueverability.
The 2 vindicators are amazing for ID-ing any unit, and provides great fire-support.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode