1500 bike list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-20-10, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Ultra111's Flag is: England

Default 1500 bike list

Space Marine 1500 point list

Hey guys, thought I would try another list that I have never made before, so let me know what you think

Captain on bike w/ lightning claw (attached to bike squad) 150

5 Space marine bikers with 1 upgraded to attack bike w/multi-melta 190
5 Space marine bikers with 1 upgraded to attack bike w/heavy bolter. Sergeant has power sword 195
5 man scout squad with 3 snipers, 1 missile launcher and Telion (travel in LS storm) 135
5 man scout squad with 3 snipers, 1 missile launcher (travel in LS storm) 85

5 man Sternguard veteran squad with 2 combi-flamers. Sergeant has lightning claw. With Razorback - 200

1 Land Speeder storm with flamer 60
1 Land Speeder storm with multi-melta 65
10 man Assault Squad. Sergeant has Lightning Claws 205

Vindicator - 115
Vindicator - 115

Total points - 1505
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 03:01 AM

first off i would just like to point out that an attack bike is not an upgrade of a normal bike, this causes your bike squad's point costs to be higher then they actually are.

this would give you 50 points extra to play around with...

i discourage you from putting scouts that have heavy weapons (including sniper rifles) in the storm, as when it moves they will not be able to fire... the most common usage that i've come across with the storm is putting a combi-weapon on the sergeant, as well as a powerfist, and use them to take out a vehicle early on in the game.

also as a note, even the sergeant of a scout squad can take a sniper rifle, so why not make it 4 snipers and a missile launcher,

if you could tell us a little more about your plans for using this army, that would help us make recommendations.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by casca View Post
first off i would just like to point out that an attack bike is not an upgrade of a normal bike, this causes your bike squad's point costs to be higher then they actually are.

this would give you 50 points extra to play around with...
Ah I always do that, thanks for reminder!

Quote:
i discourage you from putting scouts that have heavy weapons (including sniper rifles) in the storm, as when it moves they will not be able to fire... the most common usage that i've come across with the storm is putting a combi-weapon on the sergeant, as well as a powerfist, and use them to take out a vehicle early on in the game.
also as a note, even the sergeant of a scout squad can take a sniper rifle, so why not make it 4 snipers and a missile launcher, [/QUOTE]
I'm not sure I even want to take the scout squads and storms, if I didn't it would free up 345 points, but I don't know what else I could spend these points on either :/

Quote:
if you could tell us a little more about your plans for using this army, that would help us make recommendations.
I don't really have plans, I just wanna try playing with a different sort of army, attack hard and fast, whilst having some heavy firepower to kill a few of the enemies, before the rest close in and finish off. (that's just off the top of my head though).

Maybe I could drop the scouts with storm for scout bikers?

Updated list so far....

Captain on bike w/ lightning claw (attached to bike squad) – 150

4 Space marine bikers with 1 attack bike w/multi-melta – 165
4 Space marine bikers with 1 attack bike w/heavy bolter. Sergeant has power sword – 170
5 man scout squad with 4 snipers, 1 missile launcher and Telion (travel in LS storm) – 135
5 man scout squad with 4 snipers, 1 missile launcher (travel in LS storm) – 85

5 man Sternguard veteran squad with 2 combi-flamers. Sergeant has lightning claw. With Razorback - 200

1 Land Speeder storm with heavy flamer – 60
1 Land Speeder storm with multi-melta – 65
10 man Assault Squad. Sergeant has Lightning Claws – 205

Vindicator - 115
Vindicator - 115

Total points - 1465

not sure what to spend the remaining 35 points on. Although I am thinking about changing the scouts/storms for some other option, and maybe swap the assault squad for terminators.

Last edited by Ultra111; 10-21-10 at 10:39 AM.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 12:57 PM

Daddysen's Flag is: USA

the only thing i see wrong is its a bike army with the minimum amount of bikes.
take more bikes and dont forget two of those bikers in each squad can have meltas, flamers ect.
I say go all out themed wise and get some scout bikers too and another squad of regular bikers. you shouldn't be too worried ab out anti tank as you can spam melta like no tomorrow with bikes. i think the bike will work well with the vinicators as they will be able to get in the enemies face quick enough to demand attention and give the vindis time to crawl across the battlefield mostly unmolested. once you get all t he kinks worked out let me know how the playtest goes. I have a t hing for bikes and was thinking about making a bike list myself ( white scars )

Draw them in with the prospect of gain, take them by confusion. - Sun Tzu
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddysen View Post
the only thing i see wrong is its a bike army with the minimum amount of bikes.
take more bikes and dont forget two of those bikers in each squad can have meltas, flamers ect.
I say go all out themed wise and get some scout bikers too and another squad of regular bikers. you shouldn't be too worried ab out anti tank as you can spam melta like no tomorrow with bikes. i think the bike will work well with the vinicators as they will be able to get in the enemies face quick enough to demand attention and give the vindis time to crawl across the battlefield mostly unmolested. once you get all t he kinks worked out let me know how the playtest goes. I have a t hing for bikes and was thinking about making a bike list myself ( white scars )
That's the lines I was thinking of, but was unsure. I will take your points in mind and figure something else. So 1 more marine biker squad and one or two scout bikers. Mixture of heavy support and fast attack. Also, I don't have codex on me, but do bikes get hit and run ability?

I'll have the knew list up by tonight

Oh, what does "spam" melta mean? And I will let you know how it plays, won't be a while though as I need to buy the models.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 06:22 PM
Ask me about Pins

CLT40k's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra111 View Post
Oh, what does "spam" melta mean? And I will let you know how it plays, won't be a while though as I need to buy the models.
Means you can take lots of it...

-------------------------------------

Project Log - Click Here

My 40K Blog: For the Throne
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 06:31 PM

zas240's Flag is: Wales

and no they don't have hit and run, unless you take khan, in which case any squad hes attached to has it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
They are going to be called in to righteously kick the shit out of deamons and heretics before fucking off back to Titan for tea and crumpets, leaving the chaos gods thinking "I fucking hate those guys"
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 08:21 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Khan on bike should be your first option. I also like giving him a killer command squad, but that requires 2K points, really. He's expensive, but there's nothing that has his hitting power in a Command Squad with a few Storm Shields, Thams and Power Weapons.

Troops
I like 3x Bike Squads with 5 in, Power Fist and 2x Melta's, and leave it at that for bikes.

Then, shore it up with a 2x10 Man Squad with PFist, Combi Melta/Flamer and a Melta/Flamer with a Razorback (or Rhino if you're really short on points). Gives you 4 Heavy Weapons, and a Rapid Response to counter either infantry or Deep Striking Vehicles. Scouts are useless in the list - Marines hold the line far better.

Sternguard - too expensive for the list. In their current capacity will only have a slightly higher kill capacity than more Marines, and you don't have any special weapons (take at least 2 Combi Melta/Flamers if you're set on these).

Fast Attack - Drop the Storms, normal LSTornadoes with HF/MM work wonders.

Assault Squad have no place in the list. Take another Bike Squad with more Meltas and a PFist.

Heavy Support -
Beautiful.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

I was waiting for you to post Vaz, I hear you love bike lists

I'll write up a knew list tomorrow, thanks for help so far
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 10:11 PM

I've yet to face a SM bike army. Is it anywhere as effective as the ork nob bike rush?

I support Exterminatus.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode