Re-introduction to BA's (2000 pts) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-10, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Psycho_Tyco's Flag is: England

Re-introduction to BA's (2000 pts)

Hello to all who would read this.

I am a new Member to this forum and i was told to post here if i needed/wanted help with regards to building a 2000 pt BA Army.

The Short version of the story is i have taken a 7 1/2 month gap after my daughter was born, and subsequently missed the new codex + awesome new models. I have been lurking in the backround and seeing the interesting and varying lists Members have put up and i felt encouraged to ask for help.

All i could find from my old collection are as follows:

Baal Preadator (Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolters)
Chaplain (Jump pack, Crozius/Power Fist)
10 Assault Marines (Powerfist, Meltagun)
10 Tactical Marines (Plasma Gun, Lascannon, Power weapon Plasma Pistol)

Alas i am not able to get the new Codex atm (Grrrrrrrr.... ) However, with my new Army to be, i am not bothered wether the units i have mentioned above are included or not, so here's the big Question.....

Would it be Possible for someone out there with the Codex Able to help me write up a 'Mock' list so i have some guidelines to go by?

I am not asking for much, i like pretty much all the new models etc, and am open to suggestion because i would like a well balanced army to take on all comers etc. I would Greatly appreciate any feed back positive/negative, because i am keen to play and paint the best i possibly can be.

Thankyou.

Please Help lvl up my Nid's, they need to grow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-10, 07:21 PM

Blood_Knight's Flag is: USA

Hello! and welcome back to your addiction at any rate, ive devised a list here, and i think its something you would like. its blood angelsy, its assault, its balanced, it could be fun. id love to explain the exact rules to you but thats a no no. but ill describe them the best i can and why i chose each unit.

HQ:
Reclusiarch w/ JP, MBs - 160pts
Solid CC unit. hes got an invulnerable save unlike the libby and is alittle more straight forward to play, hes got most of the same rules as he did before, etc. so i figure hes a good starter HQ. put him with the flamer RAS. as you progress with this army, a libby would make an awesome addition.

Elites:
x2 Sang Priests w/ JPs, PWs - 180pts
These guys are the real deal. they buff up close by units and the unit its attached to. put one of these in each melta RAS (they can be split up to other units)

Troops:
10 RAS w/ PF, x2 meltas - 235pts
10 RAS w/ PF, x2 meltas - 235pts
10 RAS w/ PF, x2 flamerss - 225pts
A solid core of troops. coupled with the chappy and sang priests, these guys can chew through some units.

Fast Attack:
Baal Pred w/ HB sponsons - 145pts
Baal Pred w/ HB sponsons - 145pts
These guys are good for running up when you have first turn to act as shields and start chewing into units first turn.
6 Vanguard w/ PF, PW, IP - 235pts
I know you might be lacking some ranged support. This unit is meant to hunt down a pesky unit thats far away, drop in and tie them up and preferably kill them. They are bascially a suicide strike sqd, but very good at it.

Heavies:
Predator w/ TL Lascannon, HB sponsons - 145pts
Predator w/ TL Lascannon, HB sponsons - 145pts
Fairly straight forward marine wise. but it helps take heat off the baal preds and vindi while providing good ranged support.
Vindicator w/ dozer blade - 150pts
Kills everything, nough said great ranged support plus your opponent wont like 5 heavy tanks on the board plus a barrage of CC monsters coming his/her way.

2000pts

Hope this helps, or atleast gives you some insight. best of dice rolling and happy hunting!

People take time to comment. So reply in kind

My Khorne/Nurgle army project log

Last edited by Blood_Knight; 09-23-10 at 07:26 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-10, 08:37 PM

A good solid list, however Im a big fan of Death Company...give em jump packs and lemartes...even if its only a 5-10 man squad..you have 4 attacks on the charge, re-rolling all misses and failed wounds and they have FNP on top of that...they are a difficult unit to deal with..most people will shoot the piss out of them to kill them first..so for the point sink you tie up a few other units to allow your other stuff to get in and destroy things..and quite possibly survive all teh shooting to get the DC in as well

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Thankyou for taking the time to help write a list, i appreciate it. I like the idea with plenty of tanks for ranged support look pretty sweet, but one thing does concern me though.

With only having three troops choices, if i am playing an objective based game, if i split up the squads into CS's, wouldn't i reduce their effectiveness in order to cover objectives? Just a thought, as i am still going from the old rules (still waiting for the new codex)

Thanks for the feedback though

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 08:39 AM

Elrathan's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_Tyco View Post
Thankyou for taking the time to help write a list, i appreciate it. I like the idea with plenty of tanks for ranged support look pretty sweet, but one thing does concern me though.

With only having three troops choices, if i am playing an objective based game, if i split up the squads into CS's, wouldn't i reduce their effectiveness in order to cover objectives? Just a thought, as i am still going from the old rules (still waiting for the new codex)

Thanks for the feedback though
When you split into combat squads, there's nothing keeping you from keeping the two sister squads together and use them as one pseudo unit until the last turn. Remember, your maneuverability is one of your strengths as a blood angel. Its easy for a jump infantry to make a last turn dash for an additional objective.

Also, remember that you only have to have to get one more uncontested objective then your opponent. If you've dominate one and and have your predators sitting on the rest of them when the game ends, you win.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

I didn't think of it that way, thankyou very much!
I feel quite excited about playing again, and with this solid list + advice, i can't wait to get back out there.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 10:34 AM

What is your playstyle?
All jump?
Lots of armor?
There are a few net builds that are very good right now - "Blood Rodeo" being one of them if you understand how to use bikes. Razorback spam is also pretty good, but boring to play.

I run all jump to very good effect.

Librarian - jump pack, lance, sword
Librarian - jump pack, lance, sword
Honor Guard - 4 x melta, jump packs
Honor Guard - 4 x melta, jump packs

sanguinary priest - jump pack

10 RAS - 2 x melta, pf
10 RAS - 2 x melta, pf
10 RAS - 2 x flamer, pf

Vanguard - 5 x ss, lightning claw, power fist, lightning claw, 2 x infernus, jump packs
Vanguard - 5 x ss, lightning claw, power fist, lightning claw, 2 x infernus, jump packs

2k on the button and man is it harsh. This is the evolution of my all jump list from the previous edition. It is pretty vicious with DoA.

Last edited by inigo montoya; 09-24-10 at 10:50 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

To be honest, i would prefer a more balanced approach, as i am out of touch with the new unit additions etc and the new rules, i feel a Balanced army would be more suited to my play style for now until i get the hang of the rules again and get used to playing.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 11:54 AM

Balanced armies are fun to play for tournys..but..I still think you might want to check out the death company...if your not worried overly much about objectives and more so in tabling your opponent you can build quite a effective list to stop people.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

From the List supplied at the top of the page, say if I were to include some DC, what would you drop and put in it's place?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode