Flesh Tearers 2500 rogue trader - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

Default Flesh Tearers 2500 rogue trader

Here is a list I put together and am needing to know if its competitive enough while still following the fluff of the Flesh Tearer, Blood Angel Successor Chapter. Thanks ahead of time

HQ
Gabriel Seth

Elites
3 Sanguinary Priests
one w/ power weapon
two w/ jump packs, power weapons, meltabombs

Librarian Furioso Dreadnaught w/ the Shield of Sanguinious, and the Wings of Sanguinious

Troops
8 Assault Marines w/ meltagun, sergeant w/ power weapon, rhino w/ dozer blade

10 Assault Marines w/ 2 meltaguns, sergeant w/ powerfist, rhino w/ dozer blade

10 Assault Marines w/ 2 meltaguns, sergeant w/ powerfist, rhino w/ dozer blade

10 Assault Marines w/ 2 meltaguns, sergeant w/ infernus pistol, power weapon, meltabombs

10 Assault Marines w/ 2 meltaguns, sergeant w/ infernus pistol, power weapon, meltabombs

7 Death Company w/ jump packs, hand flamer, power weapon, thunder hammer, and Lemartes "Guardian of The Lost"

Fast Attack
Baal Predator w/ heavy bolter sponsons, dozer blade, searchlight, storm bolter (not quite sure whether to have the twin-linked assault cannon, or flamestorm cannon on the main turret.)

2 Attack Bikes w/ multi-melta's

Total 2500 points and with a model count of 67 counting everything. Gabriel will be riding along with the assault squad of 8 including the Sanguinary Priest on foot. While the two Sanguinary Priests with jump packs will be attached to the two assault squads that still have they're jump packs. The rhinos will move up with the Dreadnaught in front or behind and to use his shield psychic power to give the rhino's cover saves when they've used they're smoke launchers. The two assault squads will follow behind the dreadnaught and rhinos to use them to block line of sight to themselves and or to give themselves cover if they are shot at. The Death Company will either do the same as the assault squads with jump packs or they will deepstrike in to try to negate they're rage rule as best they can. While if they are deployed with the rest of the army then I will deploy the rhinos in such a way as to keep them from seeing the enemy and then they're rage rule is ignored or to keep the rhino and or dreadnaught close enough that if the opponent decides to shoot at the Death Company that they will at least get a cover save. The Baal Predator can either deploy with the rest of the armor and use its front armor of 13 to help better protect the rhinos or it can outflank to surprise and or cause havoc where the opponent thought was perhaps safe before hand. I am not sure if the attack bikes will be a squad or be on they're own to give them more selection of targets and have the opponent need to split his fire. The attack bikes will be close to the Sanguinary Priests so as to benefit from they're feel no pain and hide behind the rhino's, dreadnaught as well while using they're speed or possibly turbo boosting ability to be able to have a shot at an opponent's exposed side armor.

Just wanting some advice to see if the army is both competitive, follows, fluff of chapter, while still be fun, flexible to play and adapt at scheming opponent's ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 07:52 AM

Blood_Knight's Flag is: USA

Actually, this list looks pretty sound to me, and looks pretty fluffy aswell. All i can really say at this point is maybe drop the dozer blades and try and find some points for EA on your tanks like taking the MBs off the priests, you dont want them meeting face to face with a dread and/or getting rid of the hand flamer on the DC, you want to keep their point costs down as much as possible. things like that. you want to keep those tanks moving, espeically if they dual role as a shield for half your force. That and as you said, i would run the bikes seperately. just ultimately better. splits fire, less wound saturation that can be avoided, so on and so forth. Otherwise i'd like to see how the list fairs.

Hope that helps and happy hunting!

People take time to comment. So reply in kind

My Khorne/Nurgle army project log

Last edited by Blood_Knight; 09-22-10 at 07:58 AM.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

After dropping the meltabombs on the two Priests, dozer blades on the rhino's, hand flamer on the Death Company, and storm bolter on the Baal Predator. It gives me 45 points which would give the three rhino's extra armor as you've said yet if I do this I am wanting to have extra armor on the Baal Predator as well. I wish I could have extra armor on the Librarian Dreadnaught as well but yeah that isn't happening. The only other place I can see taking another 15 points from is the death Company and switch the thunder hammer with just another power weapon. But this also then gears the Death company for just infantry as a whole. Is that still worth it then?

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-24-10, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

I've also played now with the idea of a stormraven. So here is the new list which has changed slightly but still fits with fluff and such, so without further ado...

HQ
Gabriel Seth

Elites
3 Sanguinary Priests
one w/ power weapon
two w/ jump packs, power weapons

Furioso Dreadnaught w/ blood talons

Troops
8 Assault Marines w/ meltagun, sergeant w/ power weapon, in a rhino

10 Assault Marines w/ 2 meltaguns, sergeant w/ powerfist, in a rhino

10 Assault Marines w/ 2 meltaguns, sergeant w/ powerfist, in a rhino

10 Death Company w/ 1 power weapon, 1 thunder hammer, and Lemartes

Fast Attack
Baal Predator w/ heavy bolter sponsons, dozer blade, searchlight

Heavy Support
Stormraven w/ twin-linked multi-melta, twin-linked assault cannon, hurricane bolter sponsons, extra armor

Total: 2500 points

Needing a bit more insight, as for the stormraven conversion. I have come up with a fantastic idea and I can keep my costs down in order to do the necessary work with the necessary bits that I will be needing.

Last edited by arcticcanadian; 09-25-10 at 08:56 PM.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-25-10, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

This latest list, yea or nay?
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-10, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

Can anyone give me pointers on this current list?
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-10, 06:35 AM

Inquisitor Malaclypse's Flag is: Honduras

it's a decent list.

personally, i think you could go with a cheaper unit than the DC (like Sternguard; i mean figure disembarking, shooting that sweet special ammo and then assaulting) but there's nothing wrong if you want to take them.

i'd drop the single Baal Pred for Speeders. take the Storm pattern for anti-tank and anit-horded and you may have points left over to boot.

good hunting.

Amid the Weeping and the Woe, Accursed Daemon Thou Remain And Rot; I Know Thee Filthy as Thou Art I Know...
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-04-10, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

Speeders are a bit too fragile for me and with how I tend to roll, lets just say that I hit and then not much else happens after that. So with this list I played a friend and got... tabled... again... The Death Company ultimately did nothing... So in regards to that I have devised another list which plays a bit differently with an honour guard squad, chaplain, and librarian dreadnaught. So here is the list...

HQ
Gabriel Seth

*Honour Guard one w/ chapter banner, power weapon, two w/ power weapons, and meltabombs, one w/ thunder hammer storm shield, plus the Sanguinary Noviate

Elites
Librarian Dreadnaught

2 Sanguinary Priests w/ jump packs and power weapons

Chaplain

Troops
3X10 Assault Marines w/ two meltaguns, sergeant w/ powerfist, and rhino

2X10 Assault marines w/ two meltaguns, sergeant w/ power weapon, infernus pistol, meltabombs

Fast Attack
Baal Predator w/ twin-linked assault cannons, dozer blade, heavy bolter sponsons

Heavy Support
Stormraven w/ twin-linked assault cannons, twin-linked multi-melta, hurricane bolter sponsons, extra armor

Total: 2500 Points

Alrighty then, Honour Guard, Gabriel, Librarian Dreadnaught, and the Chaplain will be riding in the stormraven, the honour guard armed with power weapons, chapter banner, and one thunder hammer to make up for Seth not having a power weapon and only rending. The Chaplain is there to throw in one more power weapon and the fact that he grants all of them a reroll to hit. Then with the Sanguinary Noviate they will all be strength 5 besides gabriel who will be 9. Granted they must still choose they're targets wisely but otherwise they should be dangerous indeed. I choose the Librarian Dreadnaught because I hated the fact that without a psychic hood there was no way of dealing with Mephiston besides going at him head on. I still am debating on whether or not its worth it to start the baal predator on the table. Again with the way that I've been rolling he doesn't show up till third or fourth turn which is just too late to make the most of his short range but incredible rate of firepower.

Beyond that the tactics remain the same... so yea or nay? The other alternative to this is to run Sanguinary Guard and another Sanguinary Priest. So which seems better both have advantages being the Sanguinary Guard already having power weapons, 2+ armor, they are fearless, and they have a mastercrafted power weapon, throw in one carrying the chapter banner and infernus pistol, and one with a infernus pistol and powerfist. So yeah still wanting others opinion on this matter because so far I have been tabled three times by my opponent's same army list which is as follows

HQ
Mephiston

Elites
2 Sanguinary Priests one with a jump pack, and power weapon, the other in terminator armor

Furioso Dreadnaught with blood talons

5 Assault Terminators 3 w/ thunder hammer and storm shields, and the other two with lightning claws with a land raider crusader with multi-melta, extra armor

Troops
2x10 tactical squads w/ meltagun, missile launcher, with rhinos

2x10 assault squads w/ 2 meltaguns, sergeant with powerfist

Fast Attack
2 Baal Predators one with flamestorm/dozer blade/heavy bolters while the other has the assault cannons, dozer blade, and heavy bolters

Thanks again
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-10-10, 06:12 PM

Lord Pestilice's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Malaclypse View Post
it's a decent list.

personally, i think you could go with a cheaper unit than the DC (like Sternguard; i mean figure disembarking, shooting that sweet special ammo and then assaulting) but there's nothing wrong if you want to take them.

i'd drop the single Baal Pred for Speeders. take the Storm pattern for anti-tank and anit-horded and you may have points left over to boot.

good hunting.
Execpt the Sterngurad cant disembark, shoot special ammo AND assault in the same turn as bolters are not assault weapons.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-10-10, 06:14 PM

Lord Pestilice's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticcanadian View Post
Speeders are a bit too fragile for me and with how I tend to roll, lets just say that I hit and then not much else happens after that. So with this list I played a friend and got... tabled... again... The Death Company ultimately did nothing... So in regards to that I have devised another list which plays a bit differently with an honour guard squad, chaplain, and librarian dreadnaught. So here is the list...

HQ
Gabriel Seth

*Honour Guard one w/ chapter banner, power weapon, two w/ power weapons, and meltabombs, one w/ thunder hammer storm shield, plus the Sanguinary Noviate

Elites
Librarian Dreadnaught

2 Sanguinary Priests w/ jump packs and power weapons

Chaplain

Troops
3X10 Assault Marines w/ two meltaguns, sergeant w/ powerfist, and rhino

2X10 Assault marines w/ two meltaguns, sergeant w/ power weapon, infernus pistol, meltabombs

Fast Attack
Baal Predator w/ twin-linked assault cannons, dozer blade, heavy bolter sponsons

Heavy Support
Stormraven w/ twin-linked assault cannons, twin-linked multi-melta, hurricane bolter sponsons, extra armor

Total: 2500 Points

Alrighty then, Honour Guard, Gabriel, Librarian Dreadnaught, and the Chaplain will be riding in the stormraven, the honour guard armed with power weapons, chapter banner, and one thunder hammer to make up for Seth not having a power weapon and only rending. The Chaplain is there to throw in one more power weapon and the fact that he grants all of them a reroll to hit. Then with the Sanguinary Noviate they will all be strength 5 besides gabriel who will be 9. Granted they must still choose they're targets wisely but otherwise they should be dangerous indeed. I choose the Librarian Dreadnaught because I hated the fact that without a psychic hood there was no way of dealing with Mephiston besides going at him head on. I still am debating on whether or not its worth it to start the baal predator on the table. Again with the way that I've been rolling he doesn't show up till third or fourth turn which is just too late to make the most of his short range but incredible rate of firepower.

Beyond that the tactics remain the same... so yea or nay? The other alternative to this is to run Sanguinary Guard and another Sanguinary Priest. So which seems better both have advantages being the Sanguinary Guard already having power weapons, 2+ armor, they are fearless, and they have a mastercrafted power weapon, throw in one carrying the chapter banner and infernus pistol, and one with a infernus pistol and powerfist. So yeah still wanting others opinion on this matter because so far I have been tabled three times by my opponent's same army list which is as follows

HQ
Mephiston

Elites
2 Sanguinary Priests one with a jump pack, and power weapon, the other in terminator armor

Furioso Dreadnaught with blood talons

5 Assault Terminators 3 w/ thunder hammer and storm shields, and the other two with lightning claws with a land raider crusader with multi-melta, extra armor

Troops
2x10 tactical squads w/ meltagun, missile launcher, with rhinos

2x10 assault squads w/ 2 meltaguns, sergeant with powerfist

Fast Attack
2 Baal Predators one with flamestorm/dozer blade/heavy bolters while the other has the assault cannons, dozer blade, and heavy bolters

Thanks again
No, Seth still hits at STR 8 as per his weapon's rules. The Furious Charge WILL however bump his Initiative.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode