1st competitive BA list NEEDS REVISION - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 06:43 PM
Ask me about Pins

CLT40k's Flag is: USA

I agree with Reevan... If I was gonna run all cc (just don't have the jumpers right now to do it) I would run ALL jumpers. I feel like more troops coming down will be more effective than two tanks that could come in on the 'wrong' side 33% of the time. And while the tanks could put some hurt on MC's, it's not that many shots and they're gonna get targeted quick.... I'd rather force Nids into a multiple assault situation where I'm attacking the big critter with a bunch of little things, so I could make them take fearless wounds when I put almost all my attacks on thier little guys....

Also, I <3 the Vanguard Vets... The LC give them the ability to throw a lot of attacks onto a force... the only difference from Reevan, is that I would be more inclined to make them UBER cc and drop the TH and replace with PW or Fists .... but we're talking about perference and how I would see them deployed more than substance...

I'm not too wild about the Sang Guard, because while they have a 2+ they have no Invo... and the shield cast by the libby just ain't all THAT good... I would rather take another unit of Vanguard Vets (BTW, I don't have my codex on me right now... just confirm that SG don't get Heroic Intervention - and I think it useful to build in that redundancy....)

-------------------------------------

Project Log - Click Here

My 40K Blog: For the Throne

Last edited by CLT40k; 09-22-10 at 08:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 07:02 PM

Vanguard are the only ones that can Heroic intervention unfortunately. The TH in my vanguard I use vs. the fast things like enemy HQs, DPs, all that stuff. For the 5pts more than a fist the reducing Initiative is a great help. But again Personal Preference

You could actually drop the Sanguinary Guard for an honour guard, Jump packs and 4 meltaguns, coming in at 205pts. A great anti tank unit right there. Could also use the extra spare points to bulk up the vanguard even more :D

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 08:33 PM
Ask me about Pins

CLT40k's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Reevan View Post
Vanguard are the only ones that can Heroic intervention unfortunately. The TH in my vanguard I use vs. the fast things like enemy HQs, DPs, all that stuff. For the 5pts more than a fist the reducing Initiative is a great help. But again Personal Preference

You could actually drop the Sanguinary Guard for an honour guard, Jump packs and 4 meltaguns, coming in at 205pts. A great anti tank unit right there. Could also use the extra spare points to bulk up the vanguard even more :D
Got it.. I actually have a guy with a thunderhammer in my jumpy squads for the same reason in my hybrid list... seemed like a good 5 point upgrade. Didn't think about the Initiative thing in my post... + rep for good advice.

-------------------------------------

Project Log - Click Here

My 40K Blog: For the Throne

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-10, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Shamrok's Flag is: USA

So with your advice I've lost the Baals for this list I now know that I am probably going up against a chaos player ( not in the tournament but in some one on one matches) who is using a lot of spawn, demons and a bunch of Death guard.

HQ

Librarian 140
JP
powers Sanguine Sword and the Blood Lance

Librarian 140
JP
Powers Sanguine sword and Unleash Rage

Elites

Sanguinary Guard 285
Death Masks
Chapter Banner
2 Infernus Pistols
Power fist

Troops

2 Assault Squads 230 each
+5 marines
2 meltaguns
Power weapon
melta bombs

Assault Squad 260
+5 marines
2 meltaguns
Sergeant Thunder Hammer
melta bombs

Fast Attack

Vanguard Veterans 295
+ 1 Space Marine
Thunder Hammer
2 power weapons
2 plasma pistols
JP's
Sergeant Power Fist
X6 melta bombs

Vanguard Veterans 270
3 LC (separate)
Power fist
JP
Sergeant TH
+1 melta Bomb

Last edited by Shamrok; 09-23-10 at 01:44 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode