1500 Space Wolves - Astronomi-Con - 2011 - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 01:46 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

I would still change the powers and say you should use TH and try and work in some LF units.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 04:26 PM

Inquisitor Malaclypse's Flag is: Honduras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzzen View Post
280 Chaos Lord of Khorne (Wolf Lord) - Power Fist, Storm Shield, Runic Armour, Flesh Hounds (2), Juggernaut (Thunderwolf), Collar of Khorne (Wolf Tail Talisman), Blessings of the Blood God (Saga of the Bear)

100 Renegade Psyker (rune priest) - JotWW, Living Lightning

310 5x Heralds of Khorne (Juggernauts) (TWC) - 1 Power Fist, 1 Storm Shield, 1 Melta bomb, 1 Bolter

99 3X Dire Wolves - 2x Power Fist, 1 Combi-melta

115 5x Chaos Space Marines (Grey hunters) - Meltagun, Warp Gate (drop pod)

170 5x Chaos Space Marines (Grey hunters) - Meltagun, Possessed (MotW), Razorback /w LC/TL-PG

170 5x Chaos Space Marines (Grey hunters) - Meltagun, Possessed (MotW), Razorback /w LC/TL-PG

85 Predator with Heavy Bolter Sponsons
I like your second list better, but if you’re going to spend that many points on an Wolf Lord why not take Grimnar?

That would allow you to take nothing but WG as scoring, which lets you get rid for the 3 WG in the army (as your whole army is now WG). Take as may combi weapons as you can.

I would also drop the TWC unit to 3 guys and consider using them as an expendable distraction: whilst your Troops advance make your opponent choose to kill your troops or he ass-nasty TWC that’s coming up in front of them.

With points left, take LF’s with MM or ML in a pod. Throw Grimnar in there to make them Relentless and watch death happen. If not, and take more WG with him as a scoring unit with combis, or if the points allow termie armor with CMLs.

good hunting.

Amid the Weeping and the Woe, Accursed Daemon Thou Remain And Rot; I Know Thee Filthy as Thou Art I Know...
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Crimzzen's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Malaclypse View Post
I like your second list better, but if you’re going to spend that many points on an Wolf Lord why not take Grimnar?

That would allow you to take nothing but WG as scoring, which lets you get rid for the 3 WG in the army (as your whole army is now WG). Take as may combi weapons as you can.

I would also drop the TWC unit to 3 guys and consider using them as an expendable distraction: whilst your Troops advance make your opponent choose to kill your troops or he ass-nasty TWC that’s coming up in front of them.

With points left, take LF’s with MM or ML in a pod. Throw Grimnar in there to make them Relentless and watch death happen. If not, and take more WG with him as a scoring unit with combis, or if the points allow termie armor with CMLs.

good hunting.
I'll look at that, I don't know how much I want to do Loganwing (Although I guess I'm pretty much razorspam now). I might need to sit back and rethink the whole thing. I'll take a look at what I can do with Grimnar though.

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 05:30 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

If you really want a eye catching army from a modeling and paintig standpoint, I say go with a TWC army.
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 07:21 PM

aye on both counts. the only reason why i even recommended Loganwing is because you have much better, much more customizable troops tha can stand on their better despite the small quad sizes.

and there's nothing wrong with a TWC list. i just think it's a detriment to have a large TWC with an equally expensive Wolf Lord.

590 pts. in one six model unit is a huge gamble. i agree completely, you want to have an impressive looking army, but i think you'd want to win more.

this is not to say TWC + your Wolf Lord are weak, it just begs to be killed faster.

and a counts a Grimnar would be cool looking to boot. might make it cheaper too, since you won't have to buy as many Juggernauts (unless you already have them).

good hunting.

Amid the Weeping and the Woe, Accursed Daemon Thou Remain And Rot; I Know Thee Filthy as Thou Art I Know...
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 07:36 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

It's actually only about 480 or so points for the unit I run and they have so many inv saves and throw away wounds plus they run behind rhinos so they never really get knocked down.... Or they haven't in any of the practice games I have rum them, it takes some time to make a TWC army and make it look good.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 07:42 PM

hippypancake's Flag is: Wales

that is true I just am always caught wondering how the fuck do you make TWC

The Undefeated 13th (SW) - W 3, L 0, D 2

The Swarm (Nids) - W 33, L 14, D 0

Da Waugh Squad (Orks) - W 5, L 9, D 2

The Gunline/Gundam Wing (Tau) - Under Construction
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 07:46 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

You buy them from indies or you make them... I buy them from indies myself but they cost A LOT and on a univ budget it can take a while.
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
It's actually only about 480 or so points for the unit I run and they have so many inv saves and throw away wounds plus they run behind rhinos so they never really get knocked down....
what's your set up, out of curiosity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
You buy them from indies or you make them... I buy them from indies myself but they cost A LOT and on a univ budget it can take a while.
he's right you can do counts as: i've seen people use Thunder Lizar Cav. (wHFP dark Elf attack lizards), i've seen use the horses from WHFB for Chaos Knights done in a metallic bronze (mechanical horse), Heroclix miniatures, and of course indie sellers. for as expensvie indie sellers are they're still cheaper, comparable (or better in some cases) than GW's Canis Wolfborn. it looks like the wolf he's riding spent too much time in the fluff dry cycle, and i usually like most GW miniatures.

i'd be happy with a cyber-horse model scaled to Space Marines, it may look silly, but it would then make TWC more universal if you didn't want to stick with wolves.

post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 09:53 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

It's in the guide thread that CLT40k made.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 08-27-10 at 10:07 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode