1500 Space Wolves - Astronomi-Con - 2011 - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 07:31 AM

hippypancake's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
It is a small unit that can be easily targeted with long range heavy firepower.
Or you could take a 9 man unit of GH and put him with them...in your god-transports xD

Quote:
That is the base unit.... I would assume you are smart enough to put it in a transport.

wait hold on...fuck I labelled them blood claws, meant storm claws aka Jump pack

Quote:
Poping a single transport means that unit takes long for it to get to me leaving me more time to shoot them. IF that HQ is in a tansport you are fucking until it is poped
Unless I have a lascann- oh wait look there's a squad of long fangs MEANT for killing tanks

why are we even arguing over this?

The Undefeated 13th (SW) - W 3, L 0, D 2

The Swarm (Nids) - W 33, L 14, D 0

Da Waugh Squad (Orks) - W 5, L 9, D 2

The Gunline/Gundam Wing (Tau) - Under Construction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 07:42 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Because you seem to be the only person I have ever seen who favors JOtWW over LL and it doesn't really make much sense from a competitive standpoint. And if I can save those LF shots for other threats and STILL use my LL to take down a transport I have more options.

You put arjac in q gh unit and now you have simply made him easier to kill for me. Arjac is meant to be used with a team of terms running down the field in a tank doing damage, don't like that tactics myself.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 07:50 AM

In my personal strategies it is more logical to take JotWW as I have plenty of anti-tank and anti-transport weaponry also I prefer MH to LL for the same reason grotz are termi killers who gives a fuck if you have a invul and everything when your taking max 18 wounds in one unit so I take a Runepriest with JotWW and MH and if I have the points for it a second with JotWW and LL

I don't know where you got those as a strategy as it isn't a strategy to begin with they are best used as counter-assault which is what I usually use him for

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 08:00 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

I don't use it but that is the only way I have ever seen him used. Tbh most people I know think he is a waist aswell. Trueth is I can get more done with razorspam or twc spam.

And now you want to argue that MH is better than LL? Right..... Where did this come from? Anway, LL just gives you one more crack at it. I like to try and remove luck whenever I can and if I have another chance to take them down I will take that. My second RP in my razorspam list has jotww so we will just agree to differ on how to win.

Sorry to the op if we just jacked your list help... Seeing as how this really doesn't help all that much.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 08:13 AM

oops yeah sorry mate we should of agreed to disagree before high jacking your thread

post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 05:33 PM
Ask me about Pins

CLT40k's Flag is: USA

Just a couple of thoughts...

Overall though, I don't see this list as being very competative... You're just trying to fit too much into the bucket... TWC Lord, Rune Priest, Arjac, WG, You just have too much stuff competing for too few points...

Consider this.. when the DP hits it's going to break something's face... Then next turn your opponent puts all available firepower into it and they'll go away... and you'll see 1/3 of your points go away.

What's left (TWC + 2 Razorbacks) will just get torrented off the board...

My advice would be to make your units cheaper so that you can take more and to pick a style and maximize it's effectiveness (ie, if you're gonna go TCW, then don't try to make a second DP Deathstar thingy...)

Also, HP... Did you really advocate Stormclaws? WTF?!?

Also also, JOTWW is a gimmick power.. sure it will drop that MC every once and a while... but LL is a lot more utilitarian...

-------------------------------------

Project Log - Click Here

My 40K Blog: For the Throne
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Crimzzen's Flag is: Canada

Thanks for the help everyone!

Here's what I'm thinking.

I'm keeping JoTWW and LL/MH on the rune priest. I should have explained a few things. In this tourney there are about 20 scenarios in which you play 6 of them. At least 2 of my 6 games involved needing to kill something specific on the board (a third party). My last game, I needed to kill an inquisitor who had a retinue of 10 models hidden behind an energy fence (gave him and his unit a 3+ cover save/2+ if my opponent put him to ground). You couldn't cross the fence unless you drove/walked over it and rolled a 6. In which the fence short circuited but you suffered 6 str 9 hits. There were at 6 missions like this in which something like Jaws would have been awesome.

The list isn't 100% WAAC, I do want certain models in there for modeling/painting purposes. I'm gonna go back to the drawing board and see if I can fit in another razorback unit.

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 06:46 PM
Ask me about Pins

CLT40k's Flag is: USA

Energy Fence / stupid tourney senarios = Fail

Unless you both have them... but if only one then it would be pretty much autowin for the guy who has one...

-------------------------------------

Project Log - Click Here

My 40K Blog: For the Throne
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT40k View Post
Energy Fence / stupid tourney senarios = Fail

Unless you both have them... but if only one then it would be pretty much autowin for the guy who has one...
We both had objectives actually. I can honestly say that in all 6 games I played, not once did a scenario favor one army vastly more than the other. Additionally, the scenarios were available for months before the tourney for everyone to practice with - so there was really no excuse for being surprised.

I agree that scenario's can be frustrating but only if not done correctly. The fact is that 90% of the major tourneys include scenarios as well as secondary objectives so its usually best to plan for them - at least the Astro releases them far enough in advance that you can plan for them. In fact, they gave us a DVD at the tourney which contained all their scenarios this year. At the very least, it gets rid of players simply copy/pasting netlists as you need to plan for other objectives.

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

New list posted on page 1.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode