Blood Angels 1750 Competitive as hell - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-10, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Default Blood Angels 1750 Competitive as hell

Okay so planning on going to Gaelcon, One of the bigger Irish 40k Tournaments out there and definitely more competitive to what I'm used to. This is gonna be my list for it hopefully.

Librarian Terminator Armour, storm shield, Shield of Sanguinius, Unleash Rage 145pts

Sanguinary Priest 50pts
Sanguinary Priest 50pts

Terminator Assault Squad X5, X3 thunder hammers 215pts
Land Raider Crusader Extra Armour, Multimelta 275pts

Assault Squad A X7, Power fist, X1 meltagun 171pts
Rhino 15pts

Assault Squad B X7, Power weapon, X1 meltagun 161pts
Rhino 15pts

Assault Squad C X6, Power weapon, X1 meltagun 143pts
Razorback Twin Linked Heavy Flamer 20pts

Attack Bike Squadron X2 Multimelta 100pts

Vindicator 145pts

Vindicator 145pts

Total: 1750pts

Librarian goes with the terminators and a priest into the crusader, Other priest goes into the rhino with the power weapon assault squad.

Crusader Is flanked by the 2 vindicators, making either a big ass deathstar unit (2 vindicators and a crusader) or 3 high priority targets allowing for target saturation, In KP games the assault squads follow the crusader and lend a hand with them or go around and tie up units going to charge them. attack bikes go up beside the vindicators and pop vehicles or MC with relative ease.

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-10, 09:38 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Reevan View Post
Librarian Terminator Armour, storm shield, Shield of Sanguinius, Unleash Rage 145pts

Terminator Assault Squad X5, X3 thunder hammers 215pts
Land Raider Crusader Extra Armour, Multimelta 275pts
Okie dokie. If you're going into this tournament trying to win, I suggest you do away with the Deathstar unit. It's a gigantic fire magnet and in a tournament people will have no shortage of weapons to deal with AV14. We have a total of 635 points tied up in what's basically one Land Raider.

Quote:
Assault Squad A X7, Power fist, X1 meltagun 171pts
Rhino 15pts

Assault Squad B X7, Power weapon, X1 meltagun 161pts
Rhino 15pts
I'd suggest extra armor on these since you've got large units here and it seriously sucks when you can't get where you need to be with such an expensive squad. Also, the second unit would be better off with a power fist. Once units get to 8 models or more the fist becomes the better pick since there are enough bodies for the Sergeant to hide behind.

Quote:
Assault Squad C X6, Power weapon, X1 meltagun 143pts
Razorback Twin Linked Heavy Flamer 20pts
Good stuff, though this is one place that a flamer may be better than a meltagun mostly so you can lay down another template when it's time to burn someone out of cover/off an objective. Oh and five men should be enough here since a single extra body likely won't make much difference in protecting your special weapons.

Quote:

Quote:
Vindicator 145pts

Vindicator 145pts
Vindicators in an army that's looking to get into combat with relatively expensive assault units are a disaster waiting to happen, especially when there's two of them. It's only a matter of time until "Woops!" and the demolisher cannon template scatters onto friendlies.

With the near 300 points tied up in these two tanks there's quite a bit you can do. Small jump packing Assault squads with melta weaponry are one possibility, as are Predators, Dreadnoughts or whatever. Rifleman Dreads are great and only run 120 points apiece. That'd leave 50 points to mess with as you like.

Hope this helps,

Katie D
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-10, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input Katie, Much appreciated

Thing is with the deathstar, I played it against blob armies( 4 50 man guard units :\) TWC armies, daemons, and several of my older BA lists that you saw before and it beat them or drew with all of them, The deathstar if it's attacked will leave the vindicators to go up and take out pie plates of the enemy, if they're taken out the land raider hits like a bag of hammers Deathstars work much better if they have target saturation. With a vindicator on each side both sides are obscured and the front gets a 5+ with the libby so it is pretty reliable too

The vindicators are described as above, and with a max scatter of 8" I can keep them well away from my units in CC and still work to fairly high effect.

The rhinos and razorback, Would 8 man in the fist squad and 5 man in the razorback be better would you say then? Also another option I had was to change the raider to a raven which cleared up points to add 3 more assault marines. better choice or if I did that would extra armour be a better choice over more men?

I know you dislike the deathstar but it's working well so far, I just need to tweak little parts of it. and you're heloing with that thank you

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-10, 01:54 AM

For a Deathstar unit i have been moving to small sang guard squads and away from the land raider. the reason behind that is the Stormraven gunship. yeah there isn't a model for it just now but if your willing to put in some extra effort its really deadly. thats a TL LC 4 bloodstrikes TW AC and hurricaine bolters all on one platform that with EA has 13 on all sides without the second melta die. then you also can pack into a 5man of sang guard and mephiston or a JP Libby and drop them... AND A DRED on em. thats at 24' of movement at full out over terrain. now thats a small deathstar unit but with unleash rage and the death masks its been pretty brutal for me so far
that and with all the stuff on the gunship its still only the same price as a land raider

Last edited by Tuck3r; 08-22-10 at 02:01 AM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-10, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Storm Raven is 12 all round, not 13, I was considering Changing the raider to a raven but That model will seriously stick out and take all the fire in the first turn or 2, with the raider I have the safety of easier cover and an easier spearhead with the 2 vindis, Also I'd keep terminators over sang guard as they have those uber helpful invulnerable saves

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-10, 02:18 PM

Dallas_Drake's Flag is: Yugoslavia

Only thing I'd change is I'd make the RAS in Rhinos into 5-6 man squads in Razorbacks (TL-AC), get 3 in there & that will help against swarms (especially swarms that can beat you in hth) you can't argue with 12 TL Assault Cannon shots per turn

As for the deathstar unit, well I guess it has its place. Personally I'd grab them a Priest over a Librarian, give them all 2+ 3++ 4+FNP which is one heck of a save. The Librarian could run with another squad but with so many points tied up in this one unit you really want to make sure it doesn't get immobilsed or blown up turn 1-2.

Dallas
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-10, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

It already has a priest, as well as the librarian. The "Dakkaback" idea isn't bad either. I'd have to drop the squads to seriously weak levels though and that means I'd have to play them too safe to go grabbing objectives and whatnot. At their level now they are able to take on standard objective holders with ease, things like Eldar troops, standard marine troops etc they have a pretty easy time with. only ones I would have trouble with would be grey hunters, Cult troops and Probably other BA ones I might have a little fiddle around to try it though

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 09:30 AM

Not enough anti-tank for GTs but I suppose in Rogue trader tournaments youll do just fine.
For a Gt List consider changing those rhinos into razorbacks with las/plas and the existing razorback to the same configuration.

everything else in the list is fine I would suggest changing the vindicators into predators,but that all depends on your local meta game.

---AutarchAndrew---

---Check out my blog http://AutarchAndrew.blogspot.com/ ----

Space Wolves 3/0/1
Eldar 223/70/7
Space Marines(Blood Ravens) 35/10/5
Orks 5/1/3

As you see by my field experience i'm more than qualified.

For I am AutarchAndrew Master of the Bjorn List and Destroyer of Worlds!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

well 5 multimeltas, 3 meltaguns and 2 str. 10 shots I'm pretty satisfied with the anti tank. Not long ranged but this list is designed for close to medium range. I was a bit worried about the anti tank but Playtesting vs. razor spam and rhino rush lists It did pretty well.

The vindicators I need in the list mainly to provide some target saturation. You take out the land raider you have 2 vindicators on you, you take out the vindicators you have a deathstar jumping on you. They work in the list a lot more than predators which I did try before. problem with them was that they divided my force up which made it easier to take apart.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 07:01 PM
Jack96's Flag is: Ireland

Why no special characters they're awsome

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode