1500 Point Mechanized Imperial Fist - Newbie in need of advice :) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-10, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Default 1500 Point Mechanized Imperial Fist - Newbie in need of advice :)

HQ:
Lysander - 200 pts

Troops:
10 man tactical squad
+2 meltas
+Rhino

10 man tactical squad
+2 meltas
+Rhino

Elites:
1x10 terminator squad
2 x Heavy Flamer
+Land Raider

Heavy Support:
1x5 devastator squad
+heavy bolter
+plasma cannon
+lascannon
+missile launcher

Total: 1490

Figured I could swap two of the meltas for flamers and take an extra man in the devastator squad. If i'm going anti-infantry I could lose the meltas for flamers and equip the devastator squad with heavy bolters.

I have no idea though. I've not played 40k for ~5 years now and all I've ever really played is Orks. Any and all pointers are welcome. My only limit is that I have to take Lysander. He's just too awesome.

"Demorkracy is da rool of da mob"
-Orkrates

Last edited by Orkrates; 06-11-10 at 03:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-10, 03:26 AM
Refyougee's Flag is: Canada

-well first of all you shouldnt list individual upgrade costs, it's against forum rules
-tactical squads can take up to 1 special weapon and up to 1 heavy weapon when they number 10 marines. you can't get 2 of either though.
-devastator squads work best when you take the same weapon for all 4 guys, because otherwise you're wasting shots no matter what you're firing at
-only 6 models in terminator armour can fit inside a land raider. this is fine if you're going to combat squad the termie squad though
-that said, the land raider crusader or redeemer are generally better buys
-also, assault terminators (with thunder hammer/storm shield) are pretty much the best unit in the marines codex. if you're taking the regular ones for your own reasons, that's cool, just know that generally speaking the assault termies will do better.
-lysander is lots of fun; something to consider if you start going with bigger lists is that he is really good with sternguard.
-land raiders work really well with dreadnought or land speeder support. something to consider as well

Read mah blawg

Plays:
Space Wolves, Space Marines, Blood Angels, Tyranids, Daemonhunters, Eldar, Tau
Lizardmen
Cryx
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-10, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

Ah I'd forgotten about the Termies counting as 2 for the sake of transport limits. Might ditch the other 5 termies for a Rhino for the devastators. (Or maybe Telion & Some scouts.)

Thanks for all the advice. It's a big help. Just out of interest...why is Lysander good with Sternguard? Does his "Bolter Drill" special rule work for their special rounds?

"Demorkracy is da rool of da mob"
-Orkrates

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-10, 11:08 AM

Kaizer's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orkrates View Post
Thanks for all the advice. It's a big help. Just out of interest...why is Lysander good with Sternguard? Does his "Bolter Drill" special rule work for their special rounds?
Are they bolters? Yes they are, so yes it works. 8-10 Sternguards, and you will take down almost everykind of infantry, bike or MC;)

"Baby, Im a heretic, and your a spineless imperalist"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode