New Blood angels player needs help - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-10, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Galldrian's Flag is: Great Britain

Default New Blood angels player needs help

I am having trouble with kill the Hive tyrant and warriors he normaly runs

Hive tyrant with 2 guard and anything from 4 to 6 warriors

Any suggestions how to take it out i have no problem in the rest of his army but those two units do all the dmg to my poor marines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-10, 09:53 PM

Kaizer's Flag is: Denmark

Its hard to come with any solid advice when I dont know your list or your oppenents besides from the two units. But here is some ideas.

The first idea is to shoot them Warriors got alot of wounds so a good way to handel them is to instant kill them. Here I would suggest either running some Predators with las sponsons or some razorbacks with TL las. Besides instant killing the warriors they are good for wounding the hive tyrant.

Another idea is to run a vindicator. The demolisher cannon can both be used to kill alot of small bugs, but also again instant killing the warriors.

And then a third idea. If you can get the warriors into a close combat involving some of his termagaunts to, you can simply win combat by killing gaunts, and then letting the warriors take additional wounds to fearless. In close combat you also get a chance to instant kill some warriors with a powerfist

So the general idea is to use high str and instant killing to make his wounds kind for nothing;) Hope it gives you some ideas Have fun

"Baby, Im a heretic, and your a spineless imperalist"
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-10, 12:16 AM

Longinus's Flag is: Sweden

Is the tyrant equiped with wings or does he have tyrant guards? If he has wings i normaly just shoot him with my all my anti-tank weapon wich usally brings him down in a round or two if he got guards i cannot say havent had enough experience in that.
But my run for the money would be to shoot him form far away

For the warriors as Kaizer already mentioned instad killing them is by far the best alternative may it be by ML or LC, another option is terminators with thunder hammers and storm shield you might lose some due to massive number of attacks but every wound you put on them is a warrior gone and I have to say in my experience that terminators with 2+/3++ saves last alot longer than multi wound models with 4+ save.
(though lash whip bone sword warriors would be a pain in the ass for terminator)

I wonder what chaos do in thier spare time???

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-10, 04:48 AM

Sanguinary Dan's Flag is: USA

Seth. He evaporates Tyranid Warriors and when combined with a Sanguinary Priest/Initiate he does it at I6. Add in an Epistolary Librarian with Unleash Rage and Might of Heroes. Imagine Seth + HG w/Chapter Banner + Librarian slamming into those Warriors. Makes the Deathstar look like a spitball. The only thing that might make it harder are Lash Whips. But something that stupidly OTT is always going to be a problem. But a problem solve-able by a couple of Chainsword/Storm Shield marines in base contact.

Dante is quite good at nerfing Hive Tyrants thanks to his Death Mask. The -1 to WS/W/I/A makes them much easier to kill. Not that Dante should be the one trying to do the killing. That's why we have jump VAS with a couple of Thunder Hammers and Lightning Claws.

"As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking." Pete Haines
For the Emperor's sake people it's a TURRET! There is no such thing as a turrent.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-10, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

The list he runs is as follows (might be a little out)

Hive tyrant (with Hive commander/old adv/regen) it has lash wipe and bonesword
2 x guard

15 x genestealers

15 hormagaunts (toxin sacs)

15 hormagaunts

10 termagants

6 warriors

tervigon

trygon

20 gargoyles

The list i ran against him

Dante

Sang guard (c/banner)

3 x 10 Rsa all with p/fist and 2 flamers

librarian which i made stupid mistake taking the wrong powers first time i played him so i ll know for next time i took Blood lance and m of heros

baal predator

2 land speeders (h/flamers)

2 sang priests with j/packs and power weapons

maybe some other bits cant remember i really should look for the list but meh
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-10, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

oh and he took 2 zoanthropes and doom in spores

and i took 2 f/ dreads with lawn mowers talons
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-10, 12:05 PM

Chumbalaya's Flag is: USA

Well, look at his army. How many of his units have a long assault range or shooting that really hurts you? Those are your primary targets. Since you're so mobile, you can avoid his slower stuff and focus on what you need dead.

The best way to kill a Tyrant is to blast it with heavy weapons and melta. Same with Warriors, that or throw a Dreadnought at them.

My blog: Blackjack & Hookers

Daemon Guide, Necron Guide

My armies:
Dark Angels/Space Marines
Space Wolves
Orks
Daemons
Skaven
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-10, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Is it worth giving my f /dreds drop pods or i was thinking drop one of the dreds and go for 2 attack bikes with m/meltas
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-10, 05:04 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Dante is a poor choice for this list, as he has no ICs to affect.

Couple of suggestions. Storm Raven, and Dreadnought with claws. The DN/claws would make mincemeat of the warriors, since they can't hurt them at STR:4 And the Storm Raven ensures they're in HTH with them turn one. Another choice might be the F/Dread with the Supashotgun.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-10, 10:03 PM

Sanguinary Dan's Flag is: USA

I haven't got the Bug Codex, but since when isn't a Hive Tyrant an IC?

"As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking." Pete Haines
For the Emperor's sake people it's a TURRET! There is no such thing as a turrent.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode