Blood Angels armored list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-10, 02:55 AM Thread Starter

Blood Angels armored list

K I've got alot of Imp guard players and a lot of tyranid players who all follow the same thing with all of the nyds big monsters and very little in the way of smaller popables so i decided im gonna build a tank heavy Blood Angels list. gonna be really spencive for fewer ppl but i think it'll have alot of potential

HQ Commander Dante

Elites Furioso+blood tallons (can i put these on a lib furioso not going in this list but i wanna know)
Troops
standard 10 man Tac
Assault1+5 add marines+PF no packs wit LR Redeemer
Assault2+5 add marines no packs wit nilla LR
Sanguinary Guard
Heavy Support
StormRaven1 TL MM, TL LC, EA
StormRaven2 TL MM, TL LC, EA
Vindicator+Siege Shield

There u go and its exactly 2000 points i was going to put dante and the sang guard into one of the gunships and drop him into any long rangers take tanks with the other one and mop up woth the redeemer and other LR's assault squads. and the vindicator just pops anything... as well as using the 7 troop options to hold objectives that are REALLY favored at my shop... Opinions feel free to set me in the place
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-10, 03:18 AM

Chumbalaya's Flag is: USA

That's a ton of points sunk into expensive transports with no real support. I'd cut out some of the flash and get some good support (Rifleman Dreads, Preds, SHPs, and so on).

Dante works best when taking advantage of his no scatter deep strike.

Also, Furiosos Libbies only get Blood Fists and Force Weapons.

My blog: Blackjack & Hookers

Daemon Guide, Necron Guide

My armies:
Dark Angels/Space Marines
Space Wolves
Orks
Daemons
Skaven
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-10, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

Dante will be dropping into the soft squishy non important part o the imp guard from the
stormravens who will also act as the main support. then i can rescue him if he gets in over his head or kills the one unit then deep strike out o the raven a second time. onto another squad more distant. considering the thing can move 24 inches in a round. also they have the good tank killin missles with alot of range not high strength but AP1 at 72 inches means i can hit any tank i want at my leisure. and power o the machine spirit lets me fire 1 weapon after i've moved flatout... though i could add some attack bikes if i drop the LR's and give back the jump packs i still couldn't add more heavy support i'm out o slots.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-10, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck3r View Post
HQ Commander Dante
Sanguinary Guard
You're not using his full potential if you're not deepstriking him behind nastiest enemy tank and melting it. You didn't mentioned infernus on Sang Guard, and you can't assault anything right after DS.

Quote:
Elites Furioso+blood tallons
He gets shot, he can't walk, he's of no use. Extra armour would help here.

Quote:
standard 10 man Tac
Assault1+5 add marines+PF no packs wit LR Redeemer
Nothing about these dudes.

Quote:
Assault2+5 add marines no packs wit nilla LR
No PW here? And not even flamer, if you're tailoring against Guard?

Quote:
StormRaven1 TL MM, TL LC, EA
StormRaven2 TL MM, TL LC, EA
One has Dante in it. And other takes it precious Assault Ramp and goes to battle without any proper assault unit?

Quote:
Vindicator+Siege Shield
Ravens will have to be quite close to unload Dante and use MM effectively. Are you OK with scattering?

You've got 5 vehicles in your army - one's a slow dread (not the immediate threat), two are Land Raiders (shooting at them is always cunning, but they aren't fast, and one of them isn't even long-range), one's a 24" range fast tank and two are pricey AV12 fliers. That's like only three high-priority threats to eliminate. Two of them AV12. Don't you think IG guns will cope with this task?

And, the final question - no place for a single TL Assault Cannon or Sanguinary Priest in the whole 2000pts Blood Angels army?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-10, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

very good points but the extra armor makes the stormravens AV13 with no extra 26 allowed for armor pen and the furioso can also be loaded in to the stormravens and moved quickly. i could drop him to add some extra stuff but he's mainly used to counter the nyd gene stealers and warriors the big stuff with multiple wounds because he get to reroll fail to wounds and then gets an extra hit because of it. but i could get a ball with AC and hb sponsons for sameish price
oops... there is supposed t be a powerfist on the other assault squad as well. guess i missed that. and i could put any of the assault combat squads into one of the SR but there aren't any with JP cause i was exploiting the fact that LR are now DT's
i could drop the furioso which would give me enough for a pair of priests that could go inn the LR with the assault squads...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-10, 08:27 PM

Sanguinary Dan's Flag is: USA

Uhm, no. Extra Armor converts any STUNNED result to SHAKEN.

I honestly don't see the point in the second Stormraven. But I don't see the point in not having a couple of Sanguinary Priests or properly equipped assault squads or RAS in transports at 10 men or... Sorry, should I have just said I don't like the "feel" of your list?

Maybe if the squads were well equipped and the Tacticals had a Rhino and you had a few more units that weren't 200+ point vehicles?

"As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking." Pete Haines
For the Emperor's sake people it's a TURRET! There is no such thing as a turrent.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-10, 10:40 PM

Even with EA, stormravens are still AV12. I think that ability to kill two chimeras across the board isn't so much of a great feature at any 2000pts list. With just pure lascannons/missiles and artillery fire. And no amount of extra armour will negate "shot to death" on your two golden Chimera equivalents if your enemy has the first turn (and he's not build around only damaging in assault).
Maybe I'm too harsh, but IMHO, being target-rich is a way to go. Let the enemy to have problems choosing who to kill without suffering too much damage from who remains. With your list, his decision is far too simple.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode