1500 blood angels - All out reserve army! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-10, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Kaizer's Flag is: Denmark

Default 1500 blood angels - All out reserve army!

I decided that I was going to jump on the bandwagon and play around with some blood angels. I wanted to make a tricky list so I decided that I wanted to go all out on reserves and here is what I came up with.

HQ
Librarian
Jumppack, the blood lance, shield of sanguinius
Pts: 125

Elites
2 sanguinary priests(one with each rhino squad)
2 power weapons
Pts: 130

Troops
6 assault marines
Meltagun, sarge w/ infernus pistol
Pts: 143

6 assault marines
Meltagun, sarge w/ infernus pistol
Pts: 143

9 assault marines
Meltagun, sarge w/ powerfist and infernus pistol, rhino w/ dozerblade and hunterkiller missile
Pts: 252

9 assault marines
Meltagun, sarge w/ powerfist and infernus pistol, rhino w/ dozerblade and hunterkiller missile
Pts: 252

Fast attack
Baal predator
Assault cannon, heavybolter, dozerblade
Pts: 150

Baal predator
Assault cannon, heavybolter, dozerblade
Pts: 150

Heavy support
Vindicator
Siege shield
Pts: 155

Total: 1500 points

The general idea is to let the opponent go first and after his deployment, letting everything stay in reserve and therefore denying him, his first 2 turns and there after hitting him like a hammer.

On my second turn I’m putting my money on the deep striking assault squads to hit the table really close to some enemy vehicles, either destroying some transports cutting the legs of his mobility or destroying some hard hitting firepower. At the same time hopefully a assault squad in rhino and a baal predator will drive unto the table, either driving their 18” to get into range or driving 12 and firing a hunterkiller missile and a assault cannon hopefully rending some more transports slowing his army a lot.

I never made an army with so much voluntary use of reserves, so I’m hoping to get some advice on the competitiveness of my idea and hopefully some tricks to making it better.

"Baby, Im a heretic, and your a spineless imperalist"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-10, 01:54 PM

Dar'kir's Flag is: USA

i dig it. although, if ur going for tournament play, i dont know how well it will work. but for some fun games its sounds soild. i dont think many people will be expecting that. the only problem i for see is if everything comes in piece by piece. then your oppent can pick each unit off as they show up.

Army strong Cav tough! Stay Cav live the legend!
If your in it u get it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-10, 01:58 PM

My first tip would be do not build a strategy around being able to go first or second.

To utilise an all reserve strategy with Blood Angels can work really well because of Descent of Angels but you're not really utilising that. The best thing about Blood Angels reserves list is getting 75% of your army on turn 2 and being able to deep strike anywhere on the board to focus fire on a single part of your enemy's army. Your Rhino Assault squads are just going to drive onto the board rather forlornly on turns 2/4 in a predictable way. You've given away turn one and maybe turn 2 to allow your opponent to drive around to where they want to be.

To fully utilise your mobility and reserves ability then you should go all Jump Infantry. My recommendation anyway.

Aramoro

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-10, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Kaizer's Flag is: Denmark

Denying him one or two turns is not the point, and the freedom I give them to drive around will in many cases make my opponent split his forces up into smaller parts. This will be easier to handle.

While the rhinos will be easy to predict, the DS squads will be too. In my book I will hopefully pick out some of my opponents hard hitting unit by deep striking, while a baal and a assault squad will drive on giving some support fire. Iím aware of the army being risky, but I would like to stick with the mechanized part and maybe just getting that into perfect shape with the deep striking extra kick.

Any ideas?

"Baby, Im a heretic, and your a spineless imperalist"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-10, 04:42 PM

Dallas_Drake's Flag is: Yugoslavia

You might want to think about giving the Librarian an Honour Guard with 2-3 meltaguns, it's what I do and it means you massively improve your Librarian's chance to; 1) kill whatever tank he drops next to - in case Blood Lance fails, 2) survive return fire (basically 5 body bags & FNP).

Baals are ok to reserve since they have Scouts but the Vindi will suffer, I would swap this out for either Vanguards or Land speeders - if you're going for DS you need to get some more synergy going, both of these units DS very well!

Dallas

Last edited by Dallas_Drake; 04-13-10 at 04:55 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-10, 01:29 PM

mercer's Flag is: England

Ah! It appears you have grasped unit redudancy and multiple threat from your other threat, perhaps you did take my advice then?

Just a thought, your S-Priests are I.Cs which means you have to move to be in base to base contact to fight with that power weapon. Now in combat attacks can be directed to a I.C, your priest has no invulnerable save and I think 2 wounds if I remember right, could 1. My point is kill that priest and not only a easy kill point but you lose feel no pain which is the whole point of a priest which are each costing 65 points a piece. I'd ditch the power weapons and just use them as a utility and not in combat, keep them away from the fight or else a smart opponent will land attacks on the priest, kill them and you lose feel no pain and your expensive utility unit - bad times. Failing that leave them in the rhino, but the power weap still has no use.

Now, is that enough for you?

Oh, consider vanguard because angels scatter D6" which means vanguard should always hopefully be in assault range, hopefully. A min unit of 5 perhaps with a thunder hammer would rock

www.imperiusdominatus.com - hobby & tactica blog.

[email protected] - list help

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode