1,500 points of Flesh Tearing madness - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-10, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Default 1,500 points of Flesh Tearing madness

Howdy guys. Here's my latest creation with Codex: Blood Angels.

HQ

Reclusiarch
- Bolt pistol
- Crozius Arcanum
- Rosarius
- Jump pack
Pts: 155

Librarian
- Bolt pistol
- Force weapon
- Unleash Rage
- Shield of Sanguinius

TROOPS

Assault Squad
Sergeant
- Bolt pistol
- Power fist
7 Assault Marines
- Meltagun
- Bolt pistols and close combat weapons
Rhino APC
- Extra armor
Pts: 219

Assault Squad
Sergeant
- Bolt pistol
- Power fist
7 Assault Marines
- Meltagun
Rhino APC
- Extra armor
Pts: 219

Assault Squad
Sergeant
- Bolt pistol
- Close combat weapon
4 Assault Marines
Razorback
- Twin-linked heavy bolter
Pts: 120

Assault Squad
Sergeant
- Bolt pistol
- Thunder hammer
- Jump pack
5 Assault Marines
- 4 with bolt pistols and close combat weapons
- 1 with flamer
- Jump packs
Pts: 153

ELITES

Sanguinary Priest
- Bolt pistol
- Close combat weapon
- Blood Chalice
- Jump pack
Pts: 75

FAST ATTACK

3 Attack Bikes
- Twin-linked bolters
- Multi-meltas
Pts: 150

Heavy Support

Predator
- Autocannon turret
- Lascannon sponsons
Pts: 135

Predator
- Autocannon turret
- Lascannon sponsons
Pts: 135

Still 39 points to mess with by my count. Thoughts?

Katie D

Last edited by Katie Drake; 04-12-10 at 09:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-10, 10:04 PM

Things I like: 4

Seargent with thunder hammer: Although probably not the best bang for your buck, I love the fact that you have a random dude in power armor toting a thunder hammer, I'm sure the model will look super awesome, and worth the extra 5-10 points over the power fist (imho).

MM Attack bikes: Good solid chasers with relentless, T5 multi wound models that halt advancing armor- essential for any BA list imo.

Predators: Kitted out the way I use mine for the space puppies, incredibly effective.

Jump pack marines: Very fluffy, even if it is just one squad, to top it off its the same squad with the thunder hammer. Cruise control for cool.

Things I dislike: 2

Lack of feel no pain- I know you have a sanguinary priest, but when you can give all your troops feel no pain for 50 points a squad, I find it difficult to not try and find a way to fit it in to every list. FNP is such a Godsend for marine lists, 3+ 4+ makes it difficult to lose marines to small arms fire. Also, its incredibly effective in close combat as most models do not have power weapons.

Razorback- I don't think the heavy bolter is going to do much for you, a STR 5 gun is cool for anti infantry, but you have alot of assault marines which are by far more effective than 3 STR5 shots. I see the direction you were heading in, but I don't think it'll be worth the points. Atleast if taken as a rhino, you can disgorge your squad and use it as a backup for an assault squad that lost their rhino.

All in all your list looks super fun, I'd play test it for a little while and see if what I said holds true. If not, more power to you. Assuming what I said does come to fruition, I'd consider getting those sang priests, which seem like the backbone of any BA army (who doesn't want FNP and furious charge in an assaulty army?).

Just my two cents.

edit:: apparently you beat me to the punch on things like the furioso dreadnought and adding a librarian. Touche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
In the trenches, unless the Commissar is stupid or insane, he would probably defer to the Marine. If 10 feet of blood-splattered power-armoured killing-machine with a pistol the size of your head and a sword taller than your chest said "Cover our flank" you'd probably cover his damn flank and not start debating the finer points of command structure with him.

Last edited by Leviticus; 04-12-10 at 10:09 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-10, 10:30 PM

Dallas_Drake's Flag is: Yugoslavia

On the whole I like it. I'm not sure who is riding with who but I have a few thoughts providing I'm reading this right;

- The Librarian is riding in the Rhino right? Well, why not shoot Blood Lance out of the 2nd Fire Point since you only have 1 melta? I don't think you'll use Shield of Sanguinius much anyway. With Blood Lance & a meltagun, lo and behold! any tanks that get in your way.

- The Sanguinary Priest should ride in the Razorback so that he can spread his 6'' FNP/FC aura safely to surrounding units, in a small jump pack squad he'll get taken out too easily unless he's using the tanks as cover? If he is then it might work, but I'd rather have him safely inside in a ride in a predominantly mech list. I've found that >1 work better than just 1 too.

- I'm not keen on the smallish unit of jump packers, you seem to be paying 230 points (via the Priest and the Reclusiarch) to give them re-rolls & FC/FNP when (for 383 points) you could just get a reasonable Death Company, either jump packing (which I really do think can be worth the points for this unit in the right army - I can explain why later if needs be) or led by a Chaplain on foot in a Rhino with E/A for less, plus DC have a better WS and don't lose FC/FNP, they are still a tough unit. Rage is a pain but there you go.

Hope I've helped.
Dallas

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-10, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Drake View Post
On the whole I like it. I'm not sure who is riding with who but I have a few thoughts providing I'm reading this right;

- The Librarian is riding in the Rhino right? Well, why not shoot Blood Lance out of the 2nd Fire Point since you only have 1 melta? I don't think you'll use Shield of Sanguinius much anyway. With Blood Lance & a meltagun, lo and behold! any tanks that get in your way.
Correcto. I'm not taking Blood Lance because Shield of Sanguinius is so awesome. A way of granting the Rhino (and others near it) a cover save in the enemy's turn is awesome. It's not the best cover save, but it's still good. I might end up swapping it out for Fear of the Darkness or Blood Lance later, though.

Quote:
- The Sanguinary Priest should ride in the Razorback so that he can spread his 6'' FNP/FC aura safely to surrounding units, in a small jump pack squad he'll get taken out too easily unless he's using the tanks as cover? If he is then it might work, but I'd rather have him safely inside in a ride in a predominantly mech list. I've found that >1 work better than just 1 too.
Yeah, I see your point. I mostly took him to give the jump pack unit a bit of staying power and the ability to hit extra hard on the charge.

Quote:
- I'm not keen on the smallish unit of jump packers, you seem to be paying 230 points (via the Priest and the Reclusiarch) to give them re-rolls & FC/FNP when (for 383 points) you could just get a reasonable Death Company, either jump packing (which I really do think can be worth the points for this unit in the right army - I can explain why later if needs be) or led by a Chaplain on foot in a Rhino with E/A for less, plus DC have a better WS and don't lose FC/FNP, they are still a tough unit. Rage is a pain but there you go.
Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of the squad either, but I'm hoping that by hiding them behind my vehicles and generally presenting a lot of scary targets they'll live long enough to do their job. I really, really dislike Death Company with jump packs in their newest incarnation, so I won't be taking them.

Thanks for the comments!

Katie D
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-10, 10:54 PM

Dallas_Drake's Flag is: Yugoslavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
Correcto. I'm not taking Blood Lance because Shield of Sanguinius is so awesome. A way of granting the Rhino (and others near it) a cover save in the enemy's turn is awesome. It's not the best cover save, but it's still good. I might end up swapping it out for Fear of the Darkness or Blood Lance later, though.
Katie D
Oh, so you can use it to get a 5+ on the rhino?

Wow, the way I read that in the codex is very different. I don't want to get into RAW/RAI FAQ interpretations debate but I personally wouldn't expect to get a 5+ on the rhino - just the librarian and his unit.

But cool whichever way you play it.

Lol... I think I'm the only person who rates DC
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-10, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Drake View Post
Oh, so you can use it to get a 5+ on the rhino?

Wow, the way I read that in the codex is very different. I don't want to get into RAW/RAI FAQ interpretations debate but I personally wouldn't expect to get a 5+ on the rhino - just the librarian and his unit.
It says that the Librarian and all units within 6" get the save, so it works on a Rhino imo.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-10, 08:43 AM

It does work on the Rhino, in fact the 6" is measured from the hull, making your bubble 15" or so across.

The list looks good, I like the Reclusiarch. One thing I don't like is the one Jump Pack Squad whislt every one else is riding in tanks. It gives your opponent nothing to do but blaze away at those guys whilst he's trying to pop your transports. I would think something else in a transport would be pretty nice, svaing the extra 50 points from your IC jump packs. Depends how you're going to use it obviously. If that squad is DS into play to deal with threats then I like it.

I'd be tempted to spend those last few points on putting Las/Plas on your Razorback.

Aramoro
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-10, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
The list looks good, I like the Reclusiarch. One thing I don't like is the one Jump Pack Squad whislt every one else is riding in tanks. It gives your opponent nothing to do but blaze away at those guys whilst he's trying to pop your transports. I would think something else in a transport would be pretty nice, svaing the extra 50 points from your IC jump packs. Depends how you're going to use it obviously. If that squad is DS into play to deal with threats then I like it.
Yeah, you're absolutely right as far as having one "soft" target goes. I mostly did it because I want very much to use Chaplain Lemartes' model, jump pack and all. Maybe with the extra points I could see about adding two more Assault Marines to the unit to make it a bit of a tougher nut to crack.

Quote:
I'd be tempted to spend those last few points on putting Las/Plas on your Razorback.
Yeah, I'd love to! I'd have to figure out a way to convert it, though. Doubt it'd be too difficult...

Katie D
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-10, 10:14 AM

I've never seen the Razorback kit, I didn't know it didn't come with the Las/Plas turret, oops.

You could spend the extra points on a Jump pack for your libby, throw him in the 'soft' squad. With the Reclusiarch and the Priest. It would be a terrible yet at the same time brilliant idea. They all get Furious Charge, Feels No Pain, Fearless, 5+ Cover Save with rerolls to hit in the first round of combat. You know it makes sense.

Then your IC's can fly off and join other squads that have accidents and fall out of their tanks.

Aramoro
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-10, 04:17 AM

kentner's Flag is: USA

How about dropping the jump pack squad, in exchange for an honor guard with jump packs? A little pricier, but more attacks and upgrade potential! Otherwise, looking good!

Tyranid battle saying: "Grrrrrr, Hiss, Grrrr, Drool, Grrr..."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode