1500 Doublewing - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-10, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Cruor99's Flag is: Norway

1500 Doublewing

So, I'm contemplating an upcoming tournament in march, and this is what I came up with. As it stands, I have kind of little experience with this army

Belial - 185
Lightning Claws
-Company Banner
--Terminator Apothecary

Sammael - 220
Land Speeder
-Apothecary

Deathwing Terminator Squad - 220
Lightning Claws
Banner + Lightning Claws
Apothecary + Lightning Claws
Heavy Flamer + Power Fist
Lightning Claws

Deathwing Terminator Squad - 250
Sergeant
Stormbolter + chainfist
Stormbolter + powerfist
Lightning Claws
Assault cannon + powerfist

Deathwing Terminator Squad - 245
Sergeant
Stormbolter + powerfist
Stormbolter + powerfist
Lightning Claws

Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 190
-Apothecary
--Melta x2
---Attack Bike w\ multi-melta

Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 190
-Melta x2
--Attack Bike w\ multi-melta

Any help and critique would be greatly appreciated.

Edit with new amy list idea:
HQ:
Belial - 185
-Apothecary
--Banner

Troops:
Deathwing Terminator Squad - 215
Lightning Claws
Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield
Apothecary + Lightning Claws
Lightning Claws + Banner
Lightning Claws

Sergeant
Stormbolter + powerfist
Stormbolter + powerfist
Lightning Claws

Sergeant
Stormbolter + powerfist
Stormbolter + powerfist
Lightning Claws

Sergeant
Stormbolter + powerfist
Stormbolter + powerfist
Lightning Claws

Fast Attack:
Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 180
-Melta

Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 180
-Melta

The day you met me may have been the most life-changing day of your life. For me, it was simply tuesday.

Last edited by Cruor99; 02-10-10 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Adjusted 2nd List for added banner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-10, 06:27 PM

FORTHELION's Flag is: Ireland

im not playind dark angels long myself but where are you getting all the apothcaries from with no extra cost. i cant find that in the codex anywhere.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-10, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTHELION View Post
im not playind dark angels long myself but where are you getting all the apothcaries from with no extra cost. i cant find that in the codex anywhere.
The extra cost is added in the total price. The apothecaries in the squads only show their placement.

Edit: This means that the apothecaries from belial and sammael are added to the respective HQ Choice, and then I show their position on the unit.

The day you met me may have been the most life-changing day of your life. For me, it was simply tuesday.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-10, 07:59 PM

FORTHELION's Flag is: Ireland

ahhh i see that now thought you had 4 apothecaries.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-10, 08:17 PM

Personally I think both leader choices for 1500 points is overkill. I would stick with Belial and spend the leftover points on upping both bike squads to 6 bikers.

Also the heavy flamer is kinda "bleh". Get a cyclone launcher on the shoulders of a lightning claw terminator. Your gonna destroy anything you assault anyways, you dont need the heavy flamer for that. The cyclone gives you some anti vehicle shooting on the deepstrike. I would throw in a TH/SS terminator in that squad though.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-10, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroldrup View Post
Personally I think both leader choices for 1500 points is overkill. I would stick with Belial and spend the leftover points on upping both bike squads to 6 bikers.

Also the heavy flamer is kinda "bleh". Get a cyclone launcher on the shoulders of a lightning claw terminator. Your gonna destroy anything you assault anyways, you dont need the heavy flamer for that. The cyclone gives you some anti vehicle shooting on the deepstrike. I would throw in a TH/SS terminator in that squad though.
Ye, I considered that. Don't know why I thought the heavy flamer was going to do anything. But considering there are tonnes of ork players in the tournament, it might be a good addition.

Edit:
I will go into the idea of having Sammael in my list a bit.

The idea of having Sammael there on the land speeder is the fact that it is such a major support choice. It can pop up anywhere and add supportive fire, where the bikes are more or less a delivery system of termies and tank hunterss/late game objective stragglers. Sammael also makes the bike squads scoring.

The idea of the land speeder, is the fact that it's a land raider that can grab cover saves easily. He can zip around late game and contest objectives, and also draw some fire that would otherwise pick off the terminators like high-ap high-strength stuff, which I really don't like.

He also gives me a second apothecary, which is REALLY good. I honestly can't stress the importance of apothecaries in a deathwing/doublewing list. With precious few models, any failed save is disastrous.

Last edited by Cruor99; 02-07-10 at 09:39 PM. Reason: added some explanation.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-08-10, 11:58 AM

Drax's Flag is: England

i take it you know that they are old apothecaries so just allows the first shot to be ignored rather than grant FNP?

like you say, the RW are the delivery system so why not drop Sammael for another squad of termies who can stay out of harms way a bit longer and still count as scoring?

Where possible, perhaps shave points to go towards an interrogator chaplain in termie armour? that'll allow a squad to re-roll attacks (and wounds if he's with the LC squad)
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-08-10, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax View Post
i take it you know that they are old apothecaries so just allows the first shot to be ignored rather than grant FNP?

like you say, the RW are the delivery system so why not drop Sammael for another squad of termies who can stay out of harms way a bit longer and still count as scoring?

Where possible, perhaps shave points to go towards an interrogator chaplain in termie armour? that'll allow a squad to re-roll attacks (and wounds if he's with the LC squad)
That is one of the options I am considering for my list. And yes, I am very well aware of the apothecary rules, as stated in my previous post there, you will also see some of the reasoning behind sammael.

But here is a question, though: Do the Attack bikes count as scoring without Sammael? The codex says yes, but I want to know your opinion on it. Then I could foresee dropping sammael.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-08-10, 08:04 PM

If it works dont change it.

I believe, but im not sure, that the attackbike and landspeeder being "scoring" units is in regard to points being scored from killing them in some sort of 4th edition victory condition. 5th edition rules state that only troop choices are scoring units so unless you bring Benny or Sammy your -wing units wont count as scoring.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-09-10, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroldrup View Post
If it works dont change it.

I believe, but im not sure, that the attackbike and landspeeder being "scoring" units is in regard to points being scored from killing them in some sort of 4th edition victory condition. 5th edition rules state that only troop choices are scoring units so unless you bring Benny or Sammy your -wing units wont count as scoring.
"Much like Combat squads, the squadron's Attack Bike and Land Speeder are purchased together with the squadron and then deployed at the same time as the squadron's bikes, but from then on they always operate as completely independent scoring units"

Sounds like they're scoring to me, regardless of Sammael.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode