Mech Space Marines (1850pts) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-05-09, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
drummerholt1234's Flag is: USA

Ah I had not read that yet so which choice would be better?

2 dakka predators or 2 whirlwinds?

I'm finally happy that someone saw my side of the TL-Assault cannons. When I choose them I thought... you get what you pay for. Right? I mean yeah they are 35 points but they can do so much more. With all of the mech armies (espesially chimera mechvets...OOOOOh SCARY...) you need as many guns that can penetrate those vehicles as you can. Being that they are AV12 usually the TL-Assault Cannon has a decent chance of doing it which a heavy bolter has no chance (unless on a side or rear shoot). It can even penetrate AV14 (except a Monolith) with a 6 and then a rolls of a 5 or 6.

Please "vote" on a Dakka Pred or a Whirlwind!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-09, 05:58 PM

Epatus's Flag is: United Kingdom

IMHO, I would go for the two whirlwinds. Two large blast templates, not needing los, pinning, and can avoid cover saves. Against two dakkas that can't shoot all their weapons if the move to get los.

Or alternatively one of each...

Tactica: Space Marine Bike Armies
SCRATCH BUILT TAU MANTA (WIP)
Adeptus Mechanicus Army (WIP)
I have a rendezvous with Death, At some disputed barricade...
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-22-09, 07:38 AM
Raleth's Flag is: USA

I'm a big fan of the Vindicators. I just had a game today that took out a marine captain and all but one of his command bike squad with one shot. It made up all of it's points and then some.

I've also been seeing a number of lists with multiple vindicators in them, but I have not gotten the models to try it.

List looks good though.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-09, 03:48 PM

I'm not going to give positive critiques on any list from someone who openly says they plan on cheating in a game. WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR ARMY LIST, YOU CHOOSE THE POWERS FOR THE LIBRARIAN THEN. YOU DO NOT GET TO CHANGE THEM TO SUIT YOUR NEXT OPPONENT. IF I KNEW HOW TO CONTAC YOU LGS, I WOULD LET THEM KNOW WHAT YOU PLANNED ON DOING.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-09, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniclurker View Post
I'm not going to give positive critiques on any list from someone who openly says they plan on cheating in a game. WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR ARMY LIST, YOU CHOOSE THE POWERS FOR THE LIBRARIAN THEN. YOU DO NOT GET TO CHANGE THEM TO SUIT YOUR NEXT OPPONENT. IF I KNEW HOW TO CONTAC YOU LGS, I WOULD LET THEM KNOW WHAT YOU PLANNED ON DOING.
Calm down man....

I love how you assume that I was gonna planning to cheat on purpose. Maybe I did not know that was a rule that you had to pick them beforehand. Now why don't you get off your Crusading/Inquisitional High Horse and give advise...
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-09, 05:25 PM

Taggerung's Flag is: USA

maniclurker,

Wow dude, calm down. If this is just a friendly, non-tournament list there is nothing wrong with changing the powers depending on what army you fight (Mind you, long before you see their army list) but if I were to fight daemons I wouldn't take machine curse, or if I were fighting marines, I would definitely take the avenger. Despite what you think, it's not cheating nor is it bad form. It is just using your powers to their fullest.

Check out my DKOK Project Log!

Armies : Raven Lords Chapter, 219th Siege Regiment and Da Grotteef Waaaaghhhh

Currently Painting : 219th Siege Regiment, about 25% done! Last updated 3/7/2013
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-09, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Well it may be a tourney list I'm not sure yet, but I just didn't realize that you had to pick them and stay with them. But yeah...
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-09, 06:41 PM
Triangulum's Flag is: USA

Location: Lurking in the Shadows between the Darkness and the Light

If I were you if you are the librarian lead assaults, give him Might of the ancients so that he can reliably wound MEQs with the force weapon and then either

1- Quickening, never hurts especially in terminator plate and you will hit first

or

2- Null Zone, to make sure basically all of you hits will actually kill stuff.

Avenger seems to be an over used option, it may help if you are fighting someone stupid enough to sit there and let you get the charge, but with a relatively unmanuverable squad in a fire magnet transport, I think it will probably be you geting assaulted, and either way if he will be fighting CC the entire game, what is the point of taking a power that will only be used once per game.

Plus the Librarian isnt that great at CC by himself especially now that Termi armor doesnt give him an extra attack and he cant get another attack with a pistol while wearing it. I would always give a CC librarian might of the ancients, he will wound basically anything on a 2+ (except plague marines) and insta kill T3.

Just my opinion

All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode