-power fist
-storm bolter
-heavy bolter
3 bikes
vindicator
thunderfire cannon
Chapter Master
-thunder hammer storm shield

what do you think of this list against orks? dark eldar, and eldar?
if theres anything that can be put in to do better post it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 03:47 PM

well in CC you should do fine against eldar and d eldar, but the orks will probably swamp you in CC. the thunderfire cannon is good but is fragile. If you're going to split the tac squad, maybe include a special weapon. Vanguard vets should be good in CC against armoured targets but take quite a chunk out of the points you have to work with. aside from CC you have no way of doing anything to AV 14(eg land raiders, monoliths). The chapter matser might have nsome trouble getting into CC in the first place and if he moves he cant use orbital bombardment, but he can use it from a transport.

Quote:
Remember to use the BRB not the SRB from black reach... makes for a much better implement of physical enlightenment through repeated smacking on the head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
Ah... the simpler times of the 1960's. When pedophilia wasn't frowned upon.
“Thou shalt not invite a Banshee to Karaoke”
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 12:49 AM

Mitchy's Flag is: Canada

nice list, but it isnt the most balenced one, i would drop the scouts and vanguard and get another Tac squad, but other then that it lookes nice. All you need is a squad to protect the Thud gun from being attacked, it would be better if you had Devastators to put next to it, but if you dont have the points then it makes sence no to. And the best Assault unit in the codex is the Assault Terminators. So i try to put them in if i were you. Then it would be awesome in CC.

"Everyone is intitled to an opinion, but mines the one that matters"

"Serve me in life, or slave for me in death"
Vlad von Carstein

Vampire Counts
Wins/Ties/Losses
1/2/2

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 02:54 AM

I believe that you should try to have a tatical squad for every 500 points you are playing. it balances it out a bit. you lack scoring units and all an opponent has to do in a victory point round is destroy your weak armored scouts and take out your taticals and wait till the end of the game.

On paper the thunderfury cannon stronger then hell espically for the low point cost. but in reality it will die most of the time from a simple weak long range shot. I dont use them unless I can bury them in heavy cover and use the no cover save shot.

the vanguard can be kited around very easly since they lack range power. if you are going to use them put them in a rhino or a land raider otherwise give them jetpacks.

With the space marines you need to have a central strategy or theme in mind since they need to provide cover to each other. From the looks of it you are planning a fast moving army. good start but needs to be tuned up a bit.

Some tips I have for you is to remove the plasma pistols (since they arnt as good as they are cracked up to be) from the assault squad and the storm bolter from the tatical. that gives you enough points for a razerback for your vanguard squad which you can toss your HQ in with the vanguard and help them both get to the front line faster. I would also drop the powerfist from the tatical squad and add artificer armor to your HQ.

Lastly I say drop the tunderfire for a predator with heavy bolters. it will take a lot more punishment and will be able to fire all the weapons and support your main force. plus it is good at both anti horde and light vehicle destouction.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 04:44 AM

I pretty much agree with gawbo005.

The only part I have to add is that, in general, getting in to an assault/CC battle with the Orks is a bad idea and your list looks to be mostly devoted to CC.

As jasonfly said, you'll be alright against Eldar and Dark Eldar, but Orks, seems like your weak point.

To fix this you'd have to revamp the list, but gawbo005's recommendations will at least get you headed toward the right direction.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

englhockey's Flag is: USA

This is my revised list

vanguard 125 Pts.
+15 relic blade
+30 2 power weapons Total 170 Pts.

Razorback 40Pts.
+35 T.L.C. Total 75 Pts.

3 bikes
1 attack bike 130 PTS.

Devastor squad
3 missile launchers
1 plasma cannon
1 heavy bolter
1 multi melta 280 pts.

tac squad
plasma gun 190 pts

tac squad 180 pts

razorback 40 pts

dreadnaught
flamer
assaultcannon 120 pts.

dreadnaught 105 pts a.o.b.r

captain power sword 115 pts

5 man assault squad 100 pts.

total 1505 pts.

one tac squad will get the razor back with lascannons comabt squad, the vanguard will go with captain in other one with heavy bolters while my bikes ride up with the assault squad as fast response all covered by my dreades and combat squaded dev. squad
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 09:36 PM

umm, a devastator squad can only have 4 heavy weapons. this will probably give you some points to play around with/upgrade units. the 5 man assualt squad is begging to be killed by your enemy for another kill point. you might want to give the tactical squads some heavy weapons and maybe a special weapon for the second squad.

Quote:
Remember to use the BRB not the SRB from black reach... makes for a much better implement of physical enlightenment through repeated smacking on the head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
Ah... the simpler times of the 1960's. When pedophilia wasn't frowned upon.
“Thou shalt not invite a Banshee to Karaoke”

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode