500 points and 1000 points list, help if possible(own chapter) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-09, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Default 500 points and 1000 points list, help if possible(own chapter)

500 points
2 5 man tactical squads, sergeant with bolt pistol+chainsword (90+90=180 )
1 5 man Assault squad with bolt pistols and chainswords (100 )
***1 Chaplain with Jump Pack (115 )(with assault squad )
1 Dreadnought with Multi Melta+CC Weapon with Storm Bolter (105 )
500/points
500 points Border Patrol
1 10 man tactical squads,1 plasma cannon,1 flamer sergeant with bolt pistol+chainsword (175 )
1 6 man tactical squads, sergeant with bolt pistol+chainsword (106 )
***1 Chaplain with Jump Pack+Storm Bolter (118 )(with assault squad )
499/points
Worth taking out Chaplains storm bolter to -1 from tactical, +1 to ***Assault?

1000 points
1 10 man tactical squad,1 lascannon,1 flamer sergeant with bolt pistol+chainsword each (180 )
1 10 man tactical squad,1 Missile Launcher,1 flamer sergeant with bolt pistol+chainsword each (170 )
***1 Chaplain with Jump Pack (115 )(with assault squad )
***1 Predator with Autocannon, side sponsons of heavy bolters (85 )
1 5 man Terminator Squad with Storm Bolters and Power fists, captain as power sword over fist (200 )
1 5 man Devestator Squad with 3 missile launcher, 1 heavy bolter (150 )
1000/points

I also have 4 more tactical marines, 1 captain(with power sword and boltgun ) and a razorback not mentioned. Things with *** next to them I don’t have yet and would need to buy, so any improvements possible I would appreciate ^^, and if the ones I might buy are worthwhile ^^
(I have £50 MAX to spend, so please bear that in mind ^^ )
And… I can use my dev lascannon as a tactical and tactical missile launchers as dev ones, right? They look the same, so I don’t see why not?
Im also unsure if I should Combat squad em or not…
My dread, captain and terminators are from black reach also, so are unchangeable gear wise.
Thanks for your time looking at these lists and editing, much appreciated ^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 08:48 AM

I personally prefer the Librarians over the Chaplains, but that might just be the versatility of the psychic powers.

Otherwise, looks pretty solid.

Yes you can swap out the Dev and the Tac models, but Only if you haven't painted the squad symbol on their arms, otherwise you end up looking like a complete tool but seriously, otherwise, the same.

I'm not a big fan of Predators, but thats mostly because they're not transports.

Last but not least, it was probably a typo, but the Black Reach Termie's Sergeant just has a power sword and a storm bolter. I don't know what you meant by over fist there.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 08:36 AM

Think he meant power sword instead of fist.
In anything assaulty I'd go with a chaplain, dirt cheap HQ, awesome special rules.
Any other time I'd roll with a Librarian or a Captain.

Quote:
Worth taking out Chaplains storm bolter to -1 from tactical, +1 to ***Assault?
If that means is it worth taking out the storm bolter for another body in the assault squad, imho, yes, definitely. Leaving the bolt pistol on the Chaplain is an extra attack that definitely ignores armour saves, otherwise it's an extra shooting attack before charging that ignores lesser armour saves.
Quote:
Only if you haven't painted the squad symbol on their arms
Or you could have different markings for ALL your heavy weapons ladz (eg, all heavy weapon marines have chevrons) and different markings on your bolter bearers (all have arrows or something), or you could keep some sanity in you army and buy more models ._.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode